Identified! AR - El Dorado, Whitehall Motel, WhtFem 18-21, 81UFAR, Jul'91 #4 - Kelly from VA

I'm surprised I'm saying this, but maybe it's best that information remain in the hands of LE and professional DNA/genealogy organizations. Somehow I'd rather have no information (like Lyle Stevik) rather than a lurid, "first person" blog post.

The El Dorado Police Department has confirmed that EDJD has been identified by sharing the article on their Facebook page.
Now that we have confirmation and can officially discuss, does the info in the blog line up with any sleuthing our members have done? Probably can't elaborate too much on this as we don't want to identify her if the family wants that info private. But interested to see if she was on anyone's radar.

Only thing that i find a bit unusual is the way it was announced - by an anecdotical type of blog post...and not by a PC or any other official way. I first thought it was just "fan fiction".
There will hopefully be a PC, too.

Only thing that i find a bit unusual is the way it was announced - by an anecdotical type of blog post...and not by a PC or any other official way. I first thought it was just "fan fiction".
I honestly thought it was a lovely way to do it .. to give the public who have been wondering about her for years some closure whilst allowing the family some privacy :)

Now that we have confirmation and can officially discuss, does the info in the blog line up with any sleuthing our members have done? Probably can't elaborate too much on this as we don't want to identify her if the family wants that info private. But interested to see if she was on anyone's radar.
I would like to know this as well!

I saw last night on El Dorado Jane Doe FB pages I belong to that her case has been solved and the story told about her life, which made me so sad because it seemed like she never stood a chance. I really hope her sister had a better life than she did. RIP Kelly.

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed how unusual this piece was. I found the style in which it was written uncouth and in extremely poor taste. Kelly deserved something more dignified.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back