Identified! AR - El Dorado, Whitehall Motel, WhtFem 18-21, 81UFAR, Jul'91 #4 - Kelly from VA

I cannot understand why they go so far as to mention her mothers name, locations and other very personal stuff, but are holding off on the last name? Why did we , the general public, need to know about her mothers terminations and criminal record to name a couple of things? The entire thing just feels off.

Finally your name is known. RIP Kelly.

Early life​

Kelly was born in 1968 in Virginia to a woman named "Brenda" who was living with Kelly's stepfather at the time. Kelly never knew her biological father. She grew up with a younger sister. Her early life was described as normal and stable, until her parents separated in 1971. They divorced the following year. Four months later Brenda remarried to a man who was abusive to all of them. The marriage lasted 7 years during which Brenda had a child with this man, however she gave the baby away to nearby farmers. After that marriage collapsed, Brenda remarried again, however it tragically ended when her husband killed himself in December of 1979.

For the next 2 years, Kelly lived with her family in Charlottesville, Virginia. She and her sister stayed with an aunt while their mother, Brenda, resided in Virginia Beach. Kelly and her sister stayed with this aunt for about 1.5 years until Kelly moved into her mother's home at her request. Kelly dropped out of high school in the 10th grade and got a job on the beach at a kiosk selling jewelry. She and her mother had to move 3 or 4 times after the summer of 1983, because Brenda had trouble paying rent. Sometime between 1984 and 1985, Kelly (who was then living in Florida) called the aunt she stayed with previously asking to move in with her because she couldn't handle her mother's cocaine addiction. However, this living arrangement didn't last long because Kelly herself was addicted to cocaine. She returned to Florida where she underwent drug rehabilitation in 1986.

After completing rehab, Kelly moved back in with the same aunt this time in Texas as the aunt's husband was in the military and was stationed there. Kelly's aunt noticed "sexy clothing" in her suitcase suggesting that she was already doing work as a topless dancer. Kelly explained to her aunt that she was a dancer to get access to drugs and because it made her a lot of money. She then lived with a boyfriend, however she left him and relocated to Little Rock, Arkansas where she stayed from 1986 until 1989. Kelly then returned to her mother's house in Florida only this time her younger sister stayed with them. The sister left just a few months later after a humiliating stay during which their mother entered her into a bikini contest for money. Kelly left her mother in 1990 and moved to Norfolk, Virginia. In 1991, she decided to go to Dallas, Texas.[4]

etc.

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed how unusual this piece was. I found the style in which it was written uncouth and in extremely poor taste. Kelly deserved something more dignified.
I don't think those words came from Yolanda McClary. It was probably her sister or the aunt they stayed with who said all of this.

I don't think those words came from Yolanda McClary. It was probably her sister or the aunt they stayed with who said all of this.
When I read this last night, I didn't see the author's name, and I did look for it.
But today, the tagline at the top of the post says

"Meet Kelly aka El Dorado Jane Doe By Yolanda McClary"​

So it appears she may have, indeed, written this using the information she was privy to.

I don't know but I guess she was just
using the alias so she could make a clean break and get away from people like McAlphin. If she had just went back to Florida and not made that one last mistake. Thinking about the way things could have been will drive you crazy. So, Rest In Peace Kelly.

I cannot understand why they go so far as to mention her mothers name, locations and other very personal stuff, but are holding off on the last name? Why did we , the general public, need to know about her mothers terminations and criminal record to name a couple of things? The entire thing just feels off.
No matter our individual interpretation of the content, overall the raw, emotional and detailed writing seems like it’s likely written by someone close to Kelly. Or someone who became heavily invested in the case investigation over the years. If it is a family member, then surely they should have the ability to control what we do (and don’t) know? It sounds as though Kelly had a hectic life with little stability. Maybe we can just let her, and her family, lie.

Right? This isn't "Kelly's" story, it's her mother's.

Well, she made her into what she was and how she ended up. Poor Kelly. She really never had a chance. The moment she got independent and finally out of her mothers influence, she fell prey to an abusive boyfriend who killed her.

I believe something must have happened to Kellys mother during or right after her first marriage that changed her and that had so fatal consequences for Kelly. She is described as being from a "good family" and "having a good job" during her first marriage. Asides from having a child out of an extramarital affair, but that happens in the "best of families". Her second husband was abusive, I get it. But what made her turn to drugs and spiraled her life into disaster and pulled Kelly in? Very very unfortunate.
Poor Kelly..you deserved better. Youve been abused and let down by your own mother you obviously loved and then the man you thought loved you let you down and ultimately killed you.

JMOO

Well, hopefully, they don’t release her last name if that’s what the family wants. I don’t want this to be another Lyle Stevik situation.
I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, yes, keep her last name private out of respect for the family. On the other hand, the family who may or may not have even been looking for her, would they feel disrespected if Kelly’s last name was published? I feel like we, the public who has been tirelessly caring about her and trying to give her back her name, are so glad she has been identified. Of course we aren’t entitled to know her name, not saying we are, but I bet many of us would like to know. Legally, her family is not entitled to keeping her last name a secret either.

Well, she made her into what she was and how she ended up. Poor Kelly. She really never had a chance. The moment she got independent and finally out of her mothers influence, she fell prey to an abusive boyfriend who killed her.

I believe something must have happened to Kellys mother during or right after her first marriage that changed her and that had so fatal consequences for Kelly. She is described as being from a "good family" and "having a good job" during her first marriage. Asides from having a child out of an extramarital affair, but that happens in the "best of families". Her second husband was abusive, I get it. But what made her turn to drugs and spiraled her life into disaster and pulled Kelly in? Very very unfortunate.
Poor Kelly..you deserved better. Youve been abused and let down by your own mother you obviously loved and then the man you thought loved you let you down and ultimately killed you.

JMOO
I'm sure McAlphin's upset right now. He thought he could use his "information" on Kelly's death as a plea bargain. He's an absolute madman.

I hate to say it but they gave just enough to figure it out and it's left me feeling icky all the way around and I feel even worse , although I still think her mother was the one that called the police station a few days after she died , I think she knew .

I think it's an explanation as to "why"
I agree. Kelly's mother for whatever reason was unable to be a good mother to Kelly and her daughter suffered as a result. Other family members were likely not close by or aware of Kelly's situation. Kelly also left school at a young age losing access to adults who may have been able to assist her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back