Identified! AR - El Dorado, Whitehall Motel, WhtFem 18-21, 81UFAR, Jul'91 #4 - Kelly from VA

-Kelly's living sister is the only person the information could have come from. I feel so much compassion for her, too, you can tell from the details she shared how hurt she was (and both of them were) by Brenda. It must not have been an easy upbringing and now she has all this shock and grief and re-trauma about Kelly all these years later.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just going over thread #3 because some things were niggling at me.

Here's a link to the start of where I'm referencing:

In Feb of 2020, T-Rex mentioned ABW & EB without naming names (post is on the page I linked above)

In Oct of 2020, Doeologist actually named them, the first time I could find the name Blevins associated with this case on WS.

Then in Nov. of 2021, a member posted they'd read on a FB post that Estella's grandson took a DNA test and it was not a match to Kelly. Can someone please explain that to me?

For reference, posted by Unlicensed PI on 06/14/2021
Estella's children are listed on her widower's obituary. There are three children listed, two daughters and a son. Interestingly, DWW, a known son, is not listed as a stepson, and two of her children are not listed in ABW's obit. I think she kept the Wood name for herself and her children, even if they weren't ABW's children. That's going to make this complicated.

As far as I can tell, Estella's known children are:
BMWP, female, born 1944
SEW, male, born 1950
RSW, female, born 1955
DWW, male, born 1960

In her remarriage record to ABW, he's listed as twice divorced.

Ashton's marriage timeline:
First marriage 1944 to EMB
First divorce 1946 (EMB), one minor child affected
Second marriage 1947 to EEW
Second divorce 1959 (EEW), three minor children affected
Third marriage 1960 (EMB)
Third divorce 1976 (EMB), one minor child affected
Fourth marriage 1976 to ELW, still married at the time of his death

Ashton's known children are:
BMWP, female, born 1944
CWW, male, born 1947
TWW, male, born 1949
RAW, male, born 1952
DWW, male, born 1960

I think we should keep open the possibility that ABW could be a grandfather or grand-generation to EDJD instead of a father or father-generation. If she was on the younger end of the estimated age spectrum, born around 1970, some of the male children would have been old enough to father her.

I was just going over thread #3 because some things were niggling at me.

Here's a link to the start of where I'm referencing:

In Feb of 2020, T-Rex mentioned ABW & EB without naming names (post is on the page I linked above)

In Oct of 2020, Doeologist actually named them, the first time I could find the name Blevins associated with this case on WS.

Then in Nov. of 2021, a member posted they'd read on a FB post that Estella's grandson took a DNA test and it was not a match to Kelly. Can someone please explain that to me?

For reference, posted by Unlicensed PI on 06/14/2021
So, ABW isn't Kelly's dad or grandpa. Neither is Estella. I think Kelly's dad could be one of ABW's brothers. The newspaper articles that I posted earlier today are a hint.

So, ABW isn't Kelly's dad or grandpa. Neither is Estella. I think Kelly's dad could be one of ABW's brothers. The newspaper articles that I posted earlier today are a hint.
Okay, just to clarify, Kelly is NOT a Blevins, correct?
Also, I'm fairly certain I posted those articles last year on thread 3, so you mean I was onto something back then?

Okay, just to clarify, Kelly is NOT a Blevins, correct?
Also, I'm fairly certain I posted those articles last year on thread 3, so you mean I was onto something back then?
Yeah, Kelly is not a Blevins. I think you might have found her father. Who knows. He might have continued to have affairs with younger women after his arrest. One of those women could have been Kelly's mom.

Yes its really very confusing. Everything about this case.

I am often thinking to myself that maybe we should just let Kelly rest and not dig further into her family history. We know she had a tough life and it should not matter, why it happened.
Bur of course we all put our hearts and minds out there to give her her name back, it is understandable we want to know more.

Yes its really very confusing. Everything about this case.

I am often thinking to myself that maybe we should just let Kelly rest and not dig further into her family history. We know she had a tough life and it should not matter, why it happened.
Bur of course we all put our hearts and minds out there to give her her name back, it is understandable we want to know more.
Yeah, when Sumter County Jane & Jock Doe was solved, it got annoying that people kept going with it. For some reason, I'm doing the same with this case. Maybe it's because so many of the players are still alive, or maybe it's because they were so secretive with releasing her identity.

Where did you search for men who died in December 1979 with a relative named Brenda? Not having any luck with Find a Grave.
This is where all the Virginia genealogy records are searchable:

Specifically helpful for me --
Birth: https://www.ancestry.com/search/collections/9277/
Marriage: https://www.ancestry.com/search/collections/9279/
Death: https://www.ancestry.com/search/collections/9278/

You don't need a subscription to search, but you do need one to view the records. I am not able to view the records through Ancestry myself but the relevant death record is on FamilySearch. You'll know when you find it. Everything falls into place from there.

However, I'm having a difficult time finding the birth record for Kelly and her sister. This is where those subscriptionless limitations come in...I think I found Kelly but I'm not able to confirm.

I also want to reiterate for anyone else who finds Kelly's family -- Please do not contact them or post their full names anywhere. They will come forward of their own accord if they ever wish to do so.

MOD NOTE:

A massive thread cleanup resulted in many, many, many posts removed. I counted three different Brendas, with three different birthdates and two different death dates. I saw legal documents and gravestone, and for all of those, I saw someone say "WRONG ONE!" Accusations were made that are outside of anything law enforcement or mainstream media has reported.

Law enforcement has said that Kelly's last name is not being released at the request of the family. Unless and until that changes, it is inappropriate, and frankly, disrespectful to Kelly, to make accusations about the circumstances of her birth. It is not our right to know, though I know we are all curious. It wouldn't bring her back, it wouldn't bring her justice, and the man who murdered her was sentenced for the crime.

Feel free to speculate in private conversations all you want, but don't post speculation on the thread; the thread is for facts, and facts are proven by links.

RIP Kelly

I wonder where James M got that story from that Kelly knew the Ft worth 3... Given what we know now that seems like it can be dismissed as a lie... But I wonder if he came up with it or it was something Kelly told him...

I wonder where James M got that story from that Kelly knew the Ft worth 3... Given what we know now that seems like it can be dismissed as a lie... But I wonder if he came up with it or it was something Kelly told him...
Everything he said has to be taken with skepticism. He's lied about other things. Remember he and Mercedes (Kelly) were possibly suspected in the murder of the truck driver as well so he has had reason to lie, cover up, or obfuscate to benefit himself, as many convicted murderers do.

Speaking of which, it does make me wonder whether now that her identity is known the case of that truck driver who was murdered will be reopened or at least have the steps/connections retraced in some way. As it is an additional unsolved crime possibly linked to the mystery of Kelly's identity I wonder if there is communication between the police departments about it since this announcement didn't seen to come from police at all. Does anybody know?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back