Found Deceased AR - Harlan Swartzendruber, 92, Hot Springs, 11 April 2016

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Apr 14, 2016.

1. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Harlan Swartzendruber, 92, of Wichita, Kansas was last known to have been at the Best Western Hotel on Central Ave. across from Oaklawn Racing & Gaming in Hot Springs, AR. He check out Monday morning and was supposedly headed to stop at Muskogee, Oklahoma but never arrived.

His cell phone is turned off and his credit cards have not been used since Monday. Swartzendruber has severe health issues and is driving a white 2012 4-door Lincoln MKZ with Kansas purple heart plate #11481.

[​IMG]

http://www.thv11.com/news/local/hot...e-searching-for-missing-elderly-man/133119738

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news...vated-for-kansas-man-missing-from-hot-springs

2. Loading...

3. Dushi

Dushi Well-Known Member

OMG
    Bless him, I hope he is safe

4. CastlesBurning

CastlesBurning New Member

What precisely does "severe health issues" mean? I know they want to respect the man's privacy, but given his age and the circumstances, it may be crucial for people to know. Does he have his meds with him? What is likely to happen if he does not? etc.

Also, at 92, no matter how well he may still have been doing (and I'm guessing he has been, given the fact of his still driving) one must consider the possibility of dementia setting in, or simply more of the forgetfulness that hits all of us more as we age. Is it possible that Harlan somehow took a wrong exit somewhere and doesn't know how to come home?

As for the cell phone being turned off, I know that a lot of older people, my mother included, do not really use them except for emergencies. I would imagine Harlan might be similar. No doubt some relative urged him to carry a phone for safety's sake, but unless he actually needed to use it, he would not have it powered on.

5. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

6. perfectingpink

perfectingpink Well-Known Member

Waldron News

https://www.facebook.com/waldronnewspaper/posts/463000577223937

7. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

Oh so sad. RIP Harlan.

8. mrsobrien

mrsobrien Active Member

Very sad. Hugs to his family.