GUILTY AR - Jersey Bridgeman, 6, raped & murdered, Bentonville, 20 Nov 2012 #1

Off the wall thinking here so forgive me. It was LONG night of sleeplessness.

Has a time been given by coroner for TOD and not just speculated because of timeline we got from actions?

I know its off the wall, but WHAT if JB was already dead when he carried her over to her house when DB got off work? If it was 'habit' for them to do this, i would GUESS he put her right into bed and kids do not always wake up, move when that happens. (when my daughter was zonked out, i could move her anywhere and she wouldn't move a muscle)
If DB was tired and had the younger one, and trusted then so much with her children, it wouldn't seem strange to me he'd just put her in the bed 'tuck her in' so to speak and DB dealt with younger sis.

Its morbid and i really don't go there, but that would be an explanation to the quickness of his 3am jaunt... hop over, grab her and hide her very quickly... knowing DB would find out when she got up in the am that something was wrong with her and/or had marks on her.

Just throwing it out there.... don't know why it came to mind.

I know its disturbing but stranger things have happened. (bite tongue about FCA):banghead:

MOO

I thought it had been established by LE that the murder scene was the vacant house. But I could be wrong! I don't have a link at hand and I'm running out the door.

But if that is true, then he'd have to take her out of his own house while AH and himself were babysitting and over to the abandoned house, rape and kill her there, carry her back (deceased) to his own house, then carry her deceased form one more time to DesaRae's house.

I think it's likely he waited until his wife was snoozing away, went to the EX Mart for his 'upset tummy' (may have even mumbled it to his wife as he climbed outta bed) established what he thought was an alibi AND an excuse for being gone....then did what he did. As far as I know, the only thing verifiable is the time he showed up at EZ Mart. We just have to take his word on what time he left the house and what time he climbed back in bed with his wife. He may have taken 45 minutes to an hour before or after the EZ Mart trip. His wife might be a consistent heavy sleeper and had no clue he was ever gone. If his wife has corroborated about when he was gone, she may have covered for him, at least initially.

I actually don't find it all that hard to believe he could get out of his tiny house and into DesaRae's tiny house without waking people (even dogs who would be familiar with him.) My husband is a VERY heavy sleeper. Years ago, in a home we no longer own, I knew we had a spot in the ceiling that only leaked certain times when it rained. I woke one night to a horribly loud thunderstorm....hubby still snoozing uninterrupted. I turned on several lights, including the overhead....STOOD on the mattress OVER HIS HEAD, my feet on either side of his ears, lol, to check the ceiling and wall. He never woke up, couldn't believe me when I told him the next morning. :countsheep:

I cannot shake the feeling little Jersey was smothered during the rape, to stifle her little cries. If that was the case, it could well have happened right there in the trailer with ABH in the very next room. Little Jersey could have been laid down to sleep, it was later at night after all. As I said, it is an interesting theory. I do not think it is how things went down, but food for thought.

I still feel that things wend down as described by Magdalyn. But must say, I love the outside the box thinking Kakidoll has explored. This is what makes this forum so great.

The original statements from LE was that the abandoned house was where Jersey died. I have an appointment and have to leave, but I will look for the link when I get home later.

The date of his actual arrest has been a point of debate here. I posted earlier my thoughts on that. It appeared to me to be on Friday unless the jump to Monday in the document is in a portion of the blacked out sections.

Could it be he was arrested on Friday and possibly held in a holding cell of some sort until Monday when the DNA results came back and then was actually "Booked"? I have no idea how LE would handle something like that as I am just a member of the general population. Could that be a possible scenario?

~

I believe Arkansas law states that you have to have a bond hearing within 48 hours of being arrested. If this is the case, (too lazy to look it up), then ZH couldnt have been arrested on friday and held to wed for a bond hearing.

The 4th appellate district division one is comprised of 10 justices. Four are considered conservative, one moderate, two liberal and three we don't really know, which means they have not issued any "activist" rulings of any kind.

That's the district you cited. You are not understanding the ruling issued. It had nothing to do with FB. It had to do with whether Jessica's law in CA was too restrictive as some sex offenders claim there is no place they can live due to the law and the law does not discriminate as to degrees of sex offenders. So a 25 year old who is designated a sex offender due to having sex with a minor, is subject to this law.

The appellate court found the law was too restrictive due to its failure to discriminate between types of sex offenders. From your link: BTW, I am a liberal. I know almost no liberals who believe sex offenders or abusers of children should be given a break. I voted for Jessica's law. I take offense to the term "wacky liberal".

Yes, I actually copied and pasted the wrong link. My bad. I was tired.
<modsnip> lol.
moo

Another thought, as disgusting as it is to have to think about it- but as someone here mentioned, if the body was assaulted after she died it could not be a rape charge, but a tampering with a corpse charge instead. Wouldn't the only way to get the rape charge be if he confessed the timeline of how he did everything?

The original statements from LE was that the abandoned house was where Jersey died. I have an appointment and have to leave, but I will look for the link when I get home later.

I also recall the statement regarding the vacant home being the murder scene.
My theory:
The Holly's babysat the child until mom returned home at 11pm. Mom spent an hour decompressing after work at the Holly residence and then decided to go home around midnight (as stated by LE). ZH carried Jersey, mom carried the baby. The children were put into their bed. I believe ZH returned home, went to bed but didn't sleep.
I believe he had access to mom's home due to the fact that they routinely babysat the children...just in case a change of clothing was needed, a toy was requested, etc. by one of the girls when they were at the Holly's home.
I believe ZH was dwelling on thoughts of "having" that sweet baby as he lay in bed. He knew Jersey was a heavy sleeper due to moving her from his home to her bed without her waking up. (reported by LE) He came up with a half-baked plan to sneak into the house and take her to the abandoned home to do whatever horrific act he was fantasizing about, knowing she probably wouldn't wake up when he moved her.
I believe he waited an appropriate amount of time...2 hours or so would be all he needed for mom to be asleep. I doubt it was difficult for him to quietly remove her from mom's house.
As far as time frame, he could have gone to the E-ZMart first to determine if the boyfriend was still at work OR he could have done the dirty deed prior to going to the E-ZMart. He might have had a "stomach ache" due to the fact that he just killed that sweet child. Considering there has been no indication that he is being looked at for other child murder's, I would imagine this would cause him to be a bit "sick to his stomach" after the reality sunk in. I am leaning toward Jersey being killed prior to his E-ZMart visit because by that time he would also realize that he needed to establish an "alibi" for his absence from home...thus, his trip to the store. I think his wife slept through the entire thing and never even noticed he left but he (although sloppy) did think that he needed something to excuse his time out of the home.
The entire abduction and rape probably took less than 30 minutes due to the proximity of the homes and the fact that he didn't take any time to hide her beyond the closet. I believe Jersey was killed during the rape in an effort to stifle her cries.
Bless this child and her mother, who will forever question herself. This isn't something that ever goes away.

My impression is that there was a very obvious crime scene in the abandoned house, they very clearly stated that she died there, very early into the investigation. That spoke volumes coming from a normally tight lipped LE. I don't think she was already dead.

People are talking a lot here that maybe he accidentally killed her to muffle cries, but I do not think it was accidental. She knew him, she could name him, it would always be a risk hanging over his head. Raping a 6 year old is not like raping a woman who had had sex before, it leaves proof that someone was there. It wouldn't be her word against his like it can be argued with adult women. IMO he thought he could outsmart LE by being the mourning faux "uncle" and he thought he'd watched enough Law & Order to get away without leaving evidence. Keeping her alive was never an option for him imo. He thought he could get away with it if she was silenced.

JMO, purely speculation, but I do not believe it was an accident at all. I think he'd been dwelling on the impulse for some time, and finally went with it. Assuming he did it, and LE is right, then he's a sick man that none of us here can understand rationally at all. It's beyond our scope.

I promise I'm not normally this vicious and callous.

My impression is that there was a very obvious crime scene in the abandoned house, they very clearly stated that she died there, very early into the investigation. That spoke volumes coming from a normally tight lipped LE. I don't think she was already dead.

People are talking a lot here that maybe he accidentally killed her to muffle cries, but I do not think it was accidental. She knew him, she could name him, it would always be a risk hanging over his head. Raping a 6 year old is not like raping a woman who had had sex before, it leaves proof that someone was there. It wouldn't be her word against his like it can be argued with adult women. IMO he thought he could outsmart LE by being the mourning faux "uncle" and he thought he'd watched enough Law & Order to get away without leaving evidence. Keeping her alive was never an option for him imo. He thought he could get away with it if she was silenced.

JMO, purely speculation, but I do not believe it was an accident at all. I think he'd been dwelling on the impulse for some time, and finally went with it. Assuming he did it, and LE is right, then he's a sick man that none of us here can understand rationally at all. It's beyond our scope.

Without knowing much about the psychological profile of ZH, I sit on the fence about whether or not the murder was intentional.
I agree 100% with your analysis, but on the other hand, I can't help but wonder if he just didn't realize that holding his hand over her mouth/nose during the act would actually result in her death. Considering he appears to be what I qualify as a "dumb *advertiser censored*", I'm just not sure her death was wholly intentional. Either way, if he doesn't receive the DP I hope prison ends up to be everything he subjected on this child.

Another thought, as disgusting as it is to have to think about it- but as someone here mentioned, if the body was assaulted after she died it could not be a rape charge, but a tampering with a corpse charge instead. Wouldn't the only way to get the rape charge be if he confessed the timeline of how he did everything?

I believe a medical examiner would be able to determine if bruising, vaginal tearing/rectal tearing, etc, occured before or after death. You bleed more actively while alive and I believe tissues/blood vessels behave differently. :twocents: and :moo:

I don't think it was an accident either. He probably strangled her, and that's why they could tell right away that her death was murder as opposed to her wandering into the vacant house's closet and dying there from natural causes. IMO, he raped her and then murdered her so she couldn't tell. He may have felt he needed to get home so his wife wouldn't start wondering where he was, and not expecting LE to go all the way back to that house's closet to find her right away, figured he could hide the body better at some point in the future. Or it could be that once he had killed her, he couldn't really think of a good plan.

ETA I do think the idea that he went to EZMart after killing Jersey is probably likely. He couldn't explain his absence from home without giving a destination, and he actually had to show up there so DTC could corroborate. I really think it's likely that his focus was on his wife not finding out what had happened more than LE.

I don't think it was an accident either. He probably strangled her, and that's why they could tell right away that her death was murder as opposed to her wandering into the vacant house's closet and dying there from natural causes. IMO, he raped her and then murdered her so she couldn't tell. He may have felt he needed to get home so his wife wouldn't start wondering where he was, and not expecting LE to go all the way back to that house's closet to find her right away, figured he could hide the body better at some point in the future. Or it could be that once he had killed her, he couldn't really think of a good plan.

Cause of death was reported to be asphyxiation, not strangulation, but I can agree with the rest of your theory!

I completely agree. Also, something that stood out to me--if I'm remembering correctly--is that in articles where it mentions he allowed a cheek swab for DNA, that a small amount of sperm was found on Jersey. Or small amount of sperm cells, I forget how it was worded. I hate to be crude, but aside from completely bathing her and giving her an internal douche, the only way I see that just a small amount of sperm/sperm cells being available is if the monster used a condom thinking this would keep him from leaving behind DNA. If he used a condom, that's a whole lot of pre-planning and--what's that phrase? Conciousness of guilt?

But that's assuming that 'small amount of sperm/cells'=condom.

Cause of death was reported to be asphyxiation, not strangulation, but I can agree with the rest of your theory!

Asphyxiation includes strangulation. It means to be deprived of oxygen. So smothering, strangling, drowning, etc. are all methods of asphyxiation.

as·phyx·i·ate

[as-fik-see-eyt] Show IPA verb, as·phyx·i·at·ed, as·phyx·i·at·ing.
verb (used with object) 1. to produce asphyxia in.

2. to cause to die or lose consciousness by impairing normal breathing, as by gas or other noxious agents; choke; suffocate; smother.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/asphyxiate

Asphyxiation includes strangulation. It means to be deprived of oxygen. So smothering, strangling, drowning, etc. are all methods of asphyxiation.

Mea culpa. I see what you're saying, but I have found that when strangulation is the cause of death, it is usually reported to be strangulation.
I think there is a very strong possibility that ZH held his hand over Jersey's mouth/nose, which would result in asphyxiation.

He could have also got up after AH-B went to sleep, snuck over and took JB, did the crime, came home and freaked out and realized he needed a public alibi in case someone saw him outside--then woke AH-B and told her he was going to EZ Mart.

His telling LE he looked at the clock when he woke up and when he returned is hinky! The fact that it was only 3 minutes and verified the time on the register receipt and video at the store tells me he ran over there--got something and ran back home. I wonder what his demeanor was at the EZM. What was the small talk?

He could have also got up after AH-B went to sleep, snuck over and took JB, did the crime, came home and freaked out and realized he needed a public alibi in case someone saw him outside--then woke AH-B and told her he was going to EZ Mart.

His telling LE he looked at the clock when he woke up and when he returned is hinky! The fact that it was only 3 minutes and verified the time on the register receipt and video at the store tells me he ran over there--got something and ran back home. I wonder what his demeanor was at the EZM. What was the small talk?

That's where my thoughts have wandered...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back