AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #1

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by LietKynes, May 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RazTaz

RazTaz Never forget Teghan Skiba.

Nice try. Nowhere in that does she say all transgenders are child predators. The part you bolded yourself does not even say that. And seems like the folks of Fayetteville (the 2nd most liberal city in Arkansas) agreed with her statement as the measure failed by popular vote.

2. SeriouslySearching

SeriouslySearching Well-Known Member

Charged with four counts each of sexual battery were Randall John Moye, 14; Raymond A. Price-Murray, 14; Lee Louis Myers, 14; and Diamante J. Roberts, 15. CNN is naming the defendants because they were charged as adults.
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/04/florida.sexual.assault/index.html

14-year-old charged with sexual battery, robbery
    http://www.wflx.com/story/25527994/14-year-old-charged-with-sexual-battery-robbery

Babies?! I don't think so. According to the law, they know right from wrong. They should be charged with their crimes and the only question left is to charge as an adult or a juvenile offender.

3. RazTaz

4. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

The other interesting thing here is Michelle referring to babies as "it."

5. Lulu14

Lulu14 Active Member

If he were a victim, he'd be a baby.

You cannot have it both ways (generally speaking, I have a problem with people lacking consistency when it comes to assessing one's capabilities at a certain age, depending on what the teenager does, and if they get killed by it or not).

For some reason, I remembered a contestant on Family Feud who answered "with me sister" to the question "tell me how you practiced kissing when you were a child".

For me, the boy is as much a victim as the girls. A victim of the sick system they were brought up into.

Hell, I was also curious to see what the other people's intimate parts looked like. I cannot imagine being 14 and having no outlet, no dirty magazine, no way to make up with a girl and so on. I am not saying he wasn't wrong, mind you. But I don't judge him as harshly as I do his "breeding is my only hobby" parents.

I am glad I never watched their show.

6. IzzyBlanche

IzzyBlanche Well-Known Member

It's called reading between the lines. Or, more formally, deductive reasoning.

1. The ordinance would allow men to use areas designated females only.
    2. The citizens of Fayetteville would not want males with past child predator convictions to use these areas.
    3. Therefore, those males are child predators.

7. IzzyBlanche

Are you saying you don't consider Michelle's own words to be a direct quote?

8. Lulu14

Lulu14 Active Member

Like I said, a double standard.

That 20ish woman who got pregnant by another guy in her first year of marriage and ended up being killed by her also married lover? A baby, still a child, immature, blah blah - I haven't read so many excuses for the immoral things she did in my life. She ends up dead - well, she was just a baby, she was confused, she was overwhelmed and so on.

One cannot excuse the victims saying they were just babies, and that their mistakes don't matter or aren't too serious, while saying the opposite about criminals of the same age.

Same age, same criteria. Not one is a baby, someone else is a monster.

9. RazTaz

N
    It's called deductive reasoning with an agenda, IMO.

I still haven't seen a direct quote where she said "All transgenders are child predators".

10. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

How G-d fearing could this teenager be? He gets caught molesting girls and then a year later does it again? Maybe it can be interpreted as a kid just being a kid once, but sounds to me that he knew exactly what he was doing and regardless of having heard how wrong it was, he kept on doing it. JMO

11. Trvl4Lyfe

Trvl4Lyfe Well-Known Member

It seems these people use religion as an excuse for anything they want to do.

Just started reading this thread, but was wondering what did information did Oprah have?

12. SeriouslySearching

SeriouslySearching Well-Known Member

True, but how convenient she used the words, "males with past child predator convictions" to incite her point of view of how predators (not only transgenders) could use it to target women and children. She cleverly disguises her statement to imply some transgender people could be the predators, imo, because they dress as a females.

No one would want predators dressed in dresses (or disguised as God fearing men for that matter) to be around women and children, but that really wasn't the issue on the ballot...was it?

ETA: Her statement reads as if it was written by a pro perhaps. Someone may have used her local celeb status to further their agenda? Hmmm...could happen.

13. IzzyBlanche

BBM for focus.

OK, how would you interpret it then?

If the point is that transgender males should not be be allowed to use female-only facilities because they are biological males, why even mention child predators?

14. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

Thanks, Gitana.
    IMPO, it says a lot when a group like this (I'm trying to be good:)) wants to distance themselves from JD, because IMPO he wasn't given a choice- he had to resign.

15. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

To paraphrase...Someone emailed the show after having seen "the note/letter/message" in a book they borrowed from the family detailing the abuse. The family was due to appear and they wanted to inform/warn Oprah that the family wasn't all they were cracked up to be. I believe this was in 2006, early 2007?

16. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

I agree that the inference is clear. RazTaz, you should also take a gander at the frc website. Their "research" shows that children raised by lesbian moms are TEN times more likely to be sexually abused by a parent or caregiver. Again, the inference is very, very clear. Just as you can infer from my statements that I completely disagree with the duggar political agenda without me actually giving you a quote.

17. RazTaz

I don't have to interpret it, I was there. And know for a fact that she did not make that direct statement.

18. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN Masks Are Critical Not Political

BBM: I think many people responding here find child molestation wrong......and are speaking out against it.

19. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

I encourage anyone who has "insider" knowledge to get verified. I appreciate different points of view. :)

20. RazTaz

To be fair, no it wasn't the issue on the ballot. However, it was interpreted by many to be one possibility if the law passed.

I wouldn't want my daughter to share, or be in the same bathroom with a male period. Just like I wouldn't want my son to share or be in the bathroom with a woman. You're only asking for trouble, IMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.