AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if posted.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/05/25/entertainment/josh-duggar-tlc-show-cancel-feat/

Washington Post TV critic Hank Stuever writes that while the initial response might be for the Duggar show to disappear, he thinks TLC should actually use the opportunity to put some reality into reality television.

"Now is the time for TLC to double down and have the courage to present America, at last, with a truly unscripted show about a family enduring a crisis largely of its own making," he writes. "Life is not what it quite seems at the Duggar compound — but who ever watched that show and sincerely thought it was always that perfect?"

I'm sure it would be interesting TV but doubt the victims would like to discuss their experiences on TLC.

No way they should make a show about the victims dealing with this on an international stage

I would watch if the girls got their own show. About the girls not about what Josh did to some.

I know the girls wrote a few books. Sure hope the royalties went to them and them only.

I'm kind of flabbergasted that there's now radio silence on this situation. There seemed to be a mad dash to get it out to the public a few days ago, and now....crickets. It's not even making the news, anymore. Maybe there's just nothing more to say.
Actually... I DID hear it mentioned on the news today on KFI 640 AM....

First I heard it on the radio, though...

And I imagine you are correct that there are many "powers that be" that are attempting to silence this news...

JMO

I know the girls wrote a few books. Sure hope the royalties went to them and them only.

I wish if they do get royalties, that the girls would go off to school. They seem like, nice, lovely girls, that perhaps could become nurses or teachers. With all the helping out they had to do at home, they would make great health care workers or teachers, or whatever they may want to be.

http://uk.eonline.com/news/659749/j...ther-in-law-reacts-to-molestation-allegations

9 Kids and Counting star Josh Duggar has received words of support from his sister Jessa Duggar's father-in-law, Michael Seewald, amid molestation allegations that have led him to quit his job and a speaking gig and for TLC to pull its hit family reality show from its schedule.

In a 2,160-word post titled, "Grace Greater Than Our Sin" posted on his family's blog, Michael, 40, father of Ben Seewald, 19, and six other children, wrote that "the Seewald family stands with the Duggar family in solidarity" and "stand with the unnamed victims of these incidents. Our thoughts and prayers are for you."

The most important part of that blog post (IMO) wasn't quoted here.
He wrote:
Speak Up!

Finally, a word to the millions of muted victims of sexual abuse all over the world. It is not your fault. No matter what the abuser may have said, you are not the one to blame. Do not keep silent if you are being abused, tell someone you trust, a parent, a teacher, a friend, anyone is better than silence. You are likely not the only one who has been abused. Tell someone so that they will be stopped. If the person you tell doesn’t contact the right people to help, tell someone else. Stay away from the abuser if at all possible, or avoid being alone with them. If the abuser is in your family, you may feel conflicted. You may love this person and can’t understand why they are hurting you. No matter how much you love the abuser you must tell someone. Remember, it is never okay for someone to treat you that way even if they are a parent, a sibling, or a friend. There are many people who will help you if you just break the silence.

I wish if they do get royalties, that the girls would go off to school. They seem like, nice, lovely girls, that perhaps could become nurses or teachers. With all the helping out they had to do at home, they would make great health care workers or teachers, or whatever they may want to be.

They seem like girls with a lot of potential to have really nice careers, hobbies, passions...whatever they would want. It's really a shame that their life is planned for them and monitored.

What baffles me, is that what he is saying is perfect advice. And yet, does he not seem them as muted? Does he not see that the proper channels were not sought for these girls? Does he not see that the people they do trust, did nothing to protect them from their abuser? I mean...UGH!!!

I understand that the children over eighteen have their own contracts for the show (and perhaps the books). I would be interested in knowing how much their parents charge them for living at home, etc. If they are allowed to keep their "salaries", some of them may have enough money to break away with...

I'm not about to question your 'gaydar', but I have to guess that just by the numbers that they would have at least one child attracted to the same sex. I can't imagine how his/her parents would respond to this, but I would guess that I would consider it un-Christian.

Interesting you say that because I was thinking the same thing.

I also wonder how Josh would feel if one of his sons committed the same immoral acts on his sisters.
We reap what we sow and who knows what is going to happen next with this family.

I understand that the children over eighteen have their own contracts for the show (and perhaps the books). I would be interested in knowing how much their parents charge them for living at home, etc. If they are allowed to keep their "salaries", some of them may have enough money to break away with...

They cook and clean and raise their siblings and pay rent for the privilege?

You just know that if the news was that some transgender gay couple's son molested his sisters it'd be proof that the parents' life style is from the devil.

Well I take it back, there apparently are some people who would like to live in a world where incestuous abuse of a five year old can be shrugged off as a no biggie.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/mom...duggar-was-playing-doctor-so-leave-him-alone/'

It is all the feminists' fault...

I guess the Duggar children were never taught 'good touch-bad touch'. I'll never understand how one makes the choice to violate another in that manner. Especially violating children.

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

http://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/10-13.htm

Did the Duggars choose to skip this part of the bible? Seriously what is fruitful about them? IMO, all their bellyaching is nothing more than trying to point fingers at others whose sins are worse than theirs.

I guess the Duggar children were never taught 'good touch-bad touch'. I'll never understand how one makes the choice to violate another in that manner. Especially violating children.

They are taught a good touch-bad touch of sorts. The problem (on of the many) is, they are taught that the touch was a result of their actions or immodesty. And clearly, what the boy does is not his fault...the girl tempted him too much...and the boy made a "mistake."

Unless the females are puppeteers and the males marionettes, the males are responsible for their own behavior.
there is nothing that angers me more than people not taking responsibility for their own actions. Yet, it happens all the time. There is a lot of ignorance going on in that family. I hope the girls are able to break away from it and find some sense of normalcy in their lives. NONE of this is their fault.

Unless the females are puppeteers and the males marionettes, the males are responsible for their own behavior.
there is nothing that angers me more than people not taking responsibility for their own actions. Yet, it happens all the time. There is a lot of ignorance going on in that family. I hope the girls are able to break away from it and find some sense of normalcy in their lives. NONE of this is their fault.

No, of course not. None of this is their fault. Unfortunately, they come from a movement that blames victims and blames girls and women for male behavior. I suspect that is very deeply and painfully ingrained and they would need so much help in healing. I do hope they get them help they need and someday get out.

JMO I think Josh's apology doesn't sound like he really gets it. He referred to what happened in somewhat vague and minimising terms. He didn't say it was sexual abuse, he called it "actions" and "wrongdoing" and "hurting" and it comes with a nice bow on top about how godly he is now.

Most normal people with compassion and conscience do not sexually abuse anyone because A) it simply does not occur them that doing so would be a reasonable alternative action in any situation and B) because it may end up ruining the victims' lives.

But the reason Josh says he stopped was, " I understood that if I continued down this wrong road that I would end up ruining my life." The apology is mostly about him and very little about compassion for the victims of sexual abuse. He apologized and went on to joke about incest on TV.

JMO I think Josh's apology doesn't sound like he really gets it. He referred to what happened in somewhat vague and minimising terms. He didn't say it was sexual abuse, he called it "actions" and "wrongdoing" and "hurting" and it comes with a nice bow on top about how godly he is now.

Most normal people with compassion and conscience do not sexually abuse anyone because A) it simply does not occur them that doing so would be a reasonable alternative action in any situation and B) because it may end up ruining the victims' lives.

But the reason Josh says he stopped was, " I understood that if I continued down this wrong road that I would end up ruining my life." The apology is mostly about him and very little about compassion for the victims of sexual abuse. He apologized and went on to joke about incest on TV.

To be honest, In my opinion, he is not sorry for what he did. If he was, after he got caught the first time he would not have done it again. But he did. Now he is sorry.. He is sorry that HE had to leave his job. That HIS wife has to deal with what he did. HIS parents are being ridiculed. Nothing about his victims. Nothing about I'm sorry I hurt them in a horrific way. He's only sorry it's gone public and now in a way he is paying for what he did, since when it happened he suffered no consequences.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

If I've got the timeline right (could have misunderstood because of the redactions) it sounds like his behavior actually escalated after he was caught the first time. The first incidents were described as creeping in girls' bedroom and touching them over the clothing while they slept but the incident that got him sent to Little Rock there were several awake kids in a room reading a book and he pulled somebody's pants down and groped her there.

It sounds quite out of control imo, doing it so openly and shamelessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong