AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 99% positive that other than possibly a "very special" Duggar episode dealing with this, and that's quite doubtful, the Duggar reality tv empire is solidly over.

Every moment on the screen of any member will prompt thoughts about what they've gone through, who may be victims, what other secrets this family may have, and whether there are other perps. I'm betting most of the sisters will now want to totally shy from cameras and public scrutiny. It's over for this family.

Imo, this family will retire from public life to one more centered on missionary work and church friends and family. I don't think they desire to parade their destruction and pain to the public, many of whom are gleeful about their downfall.

:thud: Please. No. The ultimate in exploitation would be a special regarding this.

Any more sponsors pulling out?

Poppyfrock....I am so sorry. Very proud of you for making all the progress that you have!!! Big HUGS!!!!

I know the girls wrote a few books. Sure hope the royalties went to them and them only.

I wish that were true too, but I highly doubt it. Or if they did, Jim Bob would have made them turn the money over to him. Do you think any of the girls has a checking account or independent access to family money?

Hugs!
Thank you for sharing your story. That is very brave of you. I want you to know you are not alone. I, too, was abused by my older brother as a child and my parents blamed me for it too. I thought the abuse had no effect on me for the longest time. I was depressed but just chalked it up to being born clinically depressed.

About 3 years ago, the abuse hit me like a ton of bricks and I went to my parents and asked them why they had allowed me to be abused, never protected me from my abuser, and blamed me for it. They always covered up for HIM and protected HIM so no one would find out what he did. All the while, they never protected me, ever. He is still abusive to this day to his significant other. To this day my parents still cover for him, knowing that he is now abusive to his gf. I asked my mother to please just tell me it wasn't my fault and that I didn't deserve it and she was silent. I told her I was suicidal as a result of the abuse now taking a toll on me. She didn't care, neither did my dad. I had to cut them out of my life too, they hurt me too much.

I cut them out of my life almost 3 years ago at the age of 32. This year, I was hospitalized twice for being suicidal. I was diagnosed with depression, anxiety and ptsd from the abuse. I feel as if I want to die a lot of the time. Because I feel worthless and unlovable. My parents didn't love me enough to protect me when I was a child and now that Im suffering the long term effects of the abuse they will do nothing to be there for me, because they are still protecting him. They still don't love me enough to help me through my struggles with the abuse. Just the last couple of days I have been struggling so badly I thought I might have to be hospitalized again, but I managed to stay home and safe.

This is what worries me for the Duggar girls. They look happy now, but what about years from now when they're older? Will it completely destroy their minds like it has mine?

I agree that the show should go away, pronto.

Really, the kids in that family have been exploited enough already IMO. I can't imagine growing up with cameras following you around all the time. Very odd existence.

Thank you for sharing your story. That is very brave of you. I want you to know you are not alone. I, too, was abused by my older brother as a child and my parents blamed me for it too. I thought the abuse had no effect on me for the longest time. I was depressed but just chalked it up to being born clinically depressed.

About 3 years ago, the abuse hit me like a ton of bricks and I went to my parents and asked them why they had allowed me to be abused, never protected me from my abuser, and blamed me for it. They always covered up for HIM and protected HIM so no one would find out what he did. All the while, they never protected me, ever. He is still abusive to this day to his significant other. To this day my parents still cover for him, knowing that he is now abusive to his gf. I asked my mother to please just tell me it wasn't my fault and that I didn't deserve it and she was silent. I told her I was suicidal as a result of the abuse now taking a toll on me. She didn't care, neither did my dad. I had to cut them out of my life too, they hurt me too much.

I cut them out of my life almost 3 years ago at the age of 32. This year, I was hospitalized twice for being suicidal. I was diagnosed with depression, anxiety and ptsd from the abuse. I feel as if I want to die a lot of the time. Because I feel worthless and unlovable. My parents didn't love me enough to protect me when I was a child and now that Im suffering the long term effects of the abuse they will do nothing to be there for me, because they are still protecting him. They still don't love me enough to help me through my struggles with the abuse. Just the last couple of days I have been struggling so badly I thought I might have to be hospitalized again, but I managed to stay home and safe.

This is what worries me for the Duggar girls. They look happy now, but what about years from now when they're older? Will it completely destroy their minds like it has mine?

Oh, Honey. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this and that your family has not been able to come clean or do anything to support you. I hope that you have (or find) new people to be in your family. You deserve love and support!

What baffles me, is that what he is saying is perfect advice. And yet, does he not seem them as muted? Does he not see that the proper channels were not sought for these girls? Does he not see that the people they do trust, did nothing to protect them from their abuser? I mean...UGH!!!

Or maybe he does and he's doing a clever psych thing so the wrath of the Duggars won't come down on him?

Or maybe he does and he's doing a clever psych thing so the wrath of the Duggars won't come down on him?

That's something I have not thought about. His family certainly seemed to seek out the Duggars for their son.

Thank you to those of you who shared their powerful stories of abuse. You are very brave and very gracious. :hug:

What strikes me most about this situation is that at least for me, forgiveness doesnt preclude punishment and appropriate action. Josh can ask for forgiveness and his victims can forgive. But that doesnt mean he is absolved, imvho. There should be consequences-society demands it. The Duggars and their church and the ASP decided to act outside of the bounds of the law as I understand it. Truly, they dont really get to decide on Josh's punishment (or lack there of) because there were a number of people here who were mandatory reporters under the law, right? So it should have followed due process. But, it was covered up. This is incontrovertible.

The positions they take fascinate me-it is OK for them to exploit their children and their family...it is OK for them to accept freebies and assistance to maintain their lifestyle. But they dont want to have to follow the law when it doesnt suit them. I dont get it.

In the wake of the trooper's arrest, someone in the police department reportedly contacted the Child Abuse Hotline, leading to Crimes Against Children Division and Springdale Police Department involving themselves in the case.

Quote from the article I linked in the previous post.

If I've got the timeline right (could have misunderstood because of the redactions) it sounds like his behavior actually escalated after he was caught the first time. The first incidents were described as creeping in girls' bedroom and touching them over the clothing while they slept but the incident that got him sent to Little Rock there were several awake kids in a room reading a book and he pulled somebody's pants down and groped her there.

It sounds quite out of control imo, doing it so openly and shamelessly.

I wonder if the other children reading books saw what happened...

More victims right THERE!

The "witnesses" would have (one or more of the following):

1.) Witnessed abusive behavior....

2.) May have witnessed something they never have heard about before..(perverted sexual acts)

3.) Could have been conflicted on whether to report to the parents...(were they "threatened by Josh in some way NOT to say anything?)

this gets creepier and creepier...

:what:

That's something I have not thought about. His family certainly seemed to seek out the Duggars for their son.

My new theory is that the whole Seewald thing was an elaborate plot to save Jessa. ;-)

Oh Hun *hugs*

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks all, for your kindness. It means so much to me. However, it was the brave song22, who inspired me to share my story in this thread after she did. I think she is a hero. *hugs* for everyone reading this.

Very respectfully bolded by me. No, this is not the truth, your mind has not been destroyed, YOU have not been destroyed, because you are capable of seeing the truth. Yes, it is the most painful thing in the world to realize that someone who should have loved and protected you allowed to be gravely harmed, or did the harming, but YOU are not the broken one. The one(s) who did the hurting and the one(s) who covered it up and denied it are the broken ones, THEY are the ones who would rather walk with evil than shine the light on it. I honor your bravery in surviving, in telling the truth, and in protecting yourself as others should have protected you. Think about this: the fact that your parents did not love you enough to protect you, to believe you, does not make YOU unloveable or worthless, it makes them those things. This is the truth. This is the truth I paid for with my pain and my blood and I give it to you.
With gentle love, from a fellow ptsd survivor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member