AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #1

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by LietKynes, May 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

I think the first priority should be doing whatever needs to be done to make sure the siblings are protected from further victimization.

Counseling and other interventions, changes in the living arrangements, foster care, the police depending on the offender's age and actions...? Reality TV about my sex offender child's purity of heart would not be on the list. It seems like a bad idea to me to make the kids deal with abuse under cameras and spotlights.

2. Donjeta

“And so seated next to my father in the train compartment, I suddenly asked, "Father, what is sexsin?"
    He turned to look at me, as he always did when answering a question, but to my surprise he said nothing. At last he stood up, lifted his traveling case off the floor and set it on the floor.
    Will you carry it off the train, Corrie?" he said.
    I stood up and tugged at it. It was crammed with the watches and spare parts he had purchased that morning.
    It's too heavy," I said.
    Yes," he said, "and it would be a pretty poor father who would ask his little girl to carry such a load. It's the same way, Corrie, with knowledge. Some knowledge is too heavy for children. When you are older and stronger, you can bear it. For now you must trust me to carry it for you.”

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/131281-and-so-seated-next-to-my-father-in-the-train

3. Donjeta

I think usually something like this: "I did something bad and attempted to hide it but I got caught and now I'm trying to save face. Guys, this is where you are all supposed to praise me for my bravery and honesty as I admitted everything that I had no choice but to admit. I take full responsibility for what I did. Now here are all the reasons why it's not so bad and why it wasn't my fault and why you shouldn't be mad at me for doing something horrible."

https://defeatingthedragons.wordpress.com/2015/05/22/how-josh-duggar-is-getting-away-with-it/
    From a blog:
    http://www.salon.com/2015/05/26/jos...ke_hes_going_to_get_away_with_sexual_assault/

4. joypath

joypath Well-Known Member

BBM

A "smidge" O/T but......that comment about "stealing" reminded me of the nonchalant manner of JILL when she & Derrick arrived @ the clan house during BIBLE study time to announce the pregnancy...................She & Derrick BOTH stated that she just the day before stole from Mom's bathroom...................a pregnancy test! Seems that the multiple ones "they" had used days previously had been negative!

Break one commandment, break them all??? To me, huge difference between "may I have" and just TAKING 'cause I want!

PS: yep, I know I'm being "picky & petty" but it just hit me as "weird" when I watched it!

5. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

Yet another excellent article written by a former Gothard follower:

This combination of zero sexual knowledge and deeply-ingrained submissiveness left many young girls in our church especially vulnerable to sexual abuse. As a teenager, I became aware that several of my friends were being molested by their older brothers or fathers. They would start stilted conversations with me about it, but none of us actually understood the concept of sex or rape or molestation enough to actually discuss it, so it stayed on the level of furtively whispered hints.

http://www.salon.com/2015/05/28/i_c...church_and_the_abuse_scandal_doesnt_shock_me/

6. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Its a good question. I believe that I wouldn't sacrifice protection of the innocent and more vulnerable of my children for the protection of the offender. But for some it could feel like a Sophie's choice.

That's one of the major issues I have with the way this family dealt with this. No real help AND the commencement of massive hypocrisy and exposure. What message did that send the little girls when they saw their offender making statements about purity?

Counselors are mandatory reporters. IMO, that's why they sought counseling for no one.

She was joking around there. She wasn't stealing from her mom by using a pregnancy test at the home.

7. newone

newone 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Yes....the whole ''sophie's choice" -- she did chose her son in the movie too! She ended up losing both....IIRC

Yes the mandatory reporting issue -- I understand that one -- but I would rather do that than take the risk of further damage down the road.

I just find it galling that they sued the state when they knew there was more than one victim....MOO

8. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

So the family was on TV as early as 2004? OMGoodness, I kept wondering about that. So the Duggars had money to pay-off the non-family member victim?? Not saying it happened, but wonder why her parents didn't come forward seeking justice for their daughter. Like minds? And are we to believe there weren't any rumblings in their Church about the cop's proclivities?? For all we know, JB was sent to this cop because he knew the whole thing (crime) wouldn't go any further. I am really not one to believe in coincidences. This reeks of ungodly behavior all around.

9. SCHMAE

SCHMAE Well-Known Member

The provoking them off the blanket is 10x worse than just hitting them to keep them there. That teaches a child from day one ' you cannot trust me'.

10. oh_gal

oh_gal Active Member

I think I missed the OP on this. How does Josh play into all this? I thought I'd read all the pages of this thread...but apparently I missed a few posts, somewhere. TIA if you can answer this without much trouble. If it is too involved, don't worry about it!

11. Donjeta

12. nitsirk

nitsirk Member

14 Kids and Pregnant Again. This is when they lived in the small house that the abuse took place in.

Then Raising 16 Kids and then 16 Kids and Moving In. This is when they moved into their current house, that TLC completed for them including furnishings.

Then a couple more specials, one where they travel across some states.

And then they got their series.

You can watch them all on you tube. ...if you really want to.

I used to watch them a lot. Just to have my jaw hang open at the things they did and said. I remember way back they didn't celebrate each kids birthday. They had one day in the summer that they celebrated everyone. I remember thinking how wrong that was and thought those kids would have issues.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

13. Hiandmighty

Hiandmighty Well-Known Member

14. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

From Josh and Anna's website, under "Our Story" which describes how the two met and began courting.

"Josh: As I grew older, I began to realize that there were two different kinds of people in this world – men & women. My parents shared with me a story of a young girl who asked her father a question about ‘that’ subject. Her father replied by handing her his suitcase and asking her to carry it. As the little girl tried to pick up the suitcase she quickly said, ‘I’m not big enough to carry it, its too heavy for me!’ Her father had illustrated his point. He then told his daughter, ‘Some things are too heavy for you to carry right now, but when you are older you will be able to handle them.’ It was that father’s hope, and my parent’s desire that inspired them to train their children to guard their hearts and keep them pure – knowing that the day would come when they would be able to carry that ‘suitcase.’"

http://ja20.com/ourstory/

15. Irisha

Irisha New Member

The Duggars can call it whatever they want what, it actually is many forms of abuse. At what age did this start? Has Michelle ever really honestly mothered the children(besides birthing them).

If Michelle went through marital life never refusing Jim Bobs sexual demands even if she was exhausted, not in the mood, had a sick child, or sick herself IMO she has serious problems, and if Jim Bob didn't care how she felt when he wanted it, well he's a <modsnip> and <modsnip> and they have done the kids (mostly the girls) an injustice.

What happens if 1 of the girls ever wanted a divorce?
    I think I've watched the show maybe 1 time.

JMO

16. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Suing the state doesn't mean they were trying to say the state did something wrong and they should be compensated. It likely means they were trying to protest or modify juvenile dependency court strictures. He and his family likely felt that matter had been resolved and wanted to be free in certain areas so they could do things like shoot the show, with Josh around. Or maybe they objected to counseling demands or on-going monitoring.

No matter, they do have a lot of gall. A LOT.

17. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

BBM. I had a smiliar type of roommate when I started college, living in the dorms- they assigned us, wasn't given a choice. She lied and said she was a non-smoker. She was 18, Catholic and religious- but looked at me like I had horns & a tail because I was Jewish. She took up smoking and immediately became a chain-smoker. (think she had only quit over the summer before when she lived at her parents). She would also drink heavilly during the school week. But every Sunday morning she went to confession- so in her eyes that made it okay to smoke and drink.

18. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Tonight at a few minutes past 8 PM Eastern go to www.truecrimeradio.com and click on the "Listen Now" at the top of the page. This will take you to iHeart and the True Crime Radio Show tonight with Dr. Lillian Glass and Websleuths Member CarlK
    Chat Room opens at 7:30 PM Eastern

Everyone is talking about them...the Duggar family or to be more exact the Duggar Family sexual abuse scandal.

One of the top experts in the world on body language, Dr. Lillian Glass will be with us tonight 8 PM Eastern. Dr. Glass has a lot to say about this sickening case.

Later in the show one of our most beloved members, CarlK joins us to update us on the tragic case of Aundria Michelle Bowman and about attending the Missing in Michigan gathering.

Don't forget every Thursday night at a few minutes past 8 PM Eastern True Crime Radio starts broadcasting.

Go to www.truecrimeradio.com then at a few minutes past 8 PM Eastern click on the blue "Listen Now" tab at the top of the page. That takes you to the live broadcast on iHeartradio.com
    Chat Room opens at 7:30 PM

19. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

I'd be ballistic if it ever happened to my daughter because it happened to me when I was 13. I always kept her away from my molester uncle. I'd be the first one reporting it to the police!!! So yes I have in a way been in the Duggar girls shoes. Just not having the repressive background, but when I finally did tell my mother what her brother did, she still couldn't believe it! So I will judge the Duggars, I didn't ever forgive my molester and don't plan to, and I think the idea of blanket training is horrible and having 19 kids, especially when you can't support them is selfish. Look how many couples can't have kids and people all over the world are starving!

20. oh_gal

oh_gal Active Member

Thank you, Donjeta and MsMarple! :blowkiss:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.