AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM: I think many people responding here find child molestation wrong......and are speaking out against it.

Well, according to the Bible - neither child molestation, nor incest are wrong (or at least have always been wrong). Virgin Mary was what - 13?- when she got raped by the Holy Ghost (impregnating anyone without asking them or getting permission is rape, imo).

The Bible they follow so closely is ripe with fathers having babies with their daughters and with extremely young girls (first bleed age) being married to old farts (excuse me, wise prophets).

I do not forgive the man who molested me. He was an adult in authority, and he used that authority against multiple small girls. He disgusts me. I do not see myself ever forgiving his actions, and that is my right. I'm not miserable and bitter. I seldom think of him, and when I do it's with anger, and some sadness for his victims, not him. He has no right to my forgiveness, no matter what his feelings on the matter are. Whether he deserves eternal forgiveness or not is between him and his deity. It has nothing to do with me.

He didn't GET counseling... or if he did I have seen no verification of it.
He went to work for a family friend. The only mention of counseling is in Josh's apology. :twocents:

Page 14 of the report (I think it's 14) states the elders of the Duggar's church wanted Josh to go into a treatment program. One of the elders was a chaplain at Piney Ridge program at Vista Hospital. JimBob said no, he was concerned Josh might be exposed to other offenders and other things they did not want Josh exposed to.:notgood:

I was a huge fan of The Learning Channel when it was a learning channel. I have watched knee replacement surgery, all kinds of operations and thought wow I can do that. ;) When the station changed to all the reality shows I stopped watching. I have never watched their TV show. Just started reading about the Duggars yesterday.

The Duggars that have married, have they married spouses with the same subservient beliefs and religion?

I do not forgive the man who molested me. He was an adult in authority, and he used that authority against multiple small girls. He disgusts me. I do not see myself ever forgiving his actions, and that is my right. I'm not miserable and bitter. I seldom think of him, and when I do it's with anger, and some sadness for his victims, not him. He has no right to my forgiveness, no matter what his feelings on the matter are. Whether he deserves eternal forgiveness or not is between him and his deity. It has nothing to do with me.

I am sorry you have had to go through this.

You are strong. I admire your strength. ((Hugs))

:hug::hug::hug:

Well, according to the Bible - neither child molestation, nor incest are wrong (or at least have always been wrong). Virgin Mary was what - 13?- when she got raped by the Holy Ghost (impregnating anyone without asking them or getting permission is rape, imo).

The Bible they follow so closely is ripe with fathers having babies with their daughters and with extremely young girls (first bleed age) being married to old farts (excuse me, wise prophets).

Actually, in ancient times...girls wed and had children young, because life expectancy was so low. This is not just in Biblical times, but for long after. And not just in Christianity, but across all religions. As people started living longer, children began having the luxury (for lack of better words) to actually have a childhood and be views as vulnerable and not equipped for such a task. And to add...there is actually no direct mention of pedophilia in the Bible. The Bible does go into great lengths against harming children, and perversion in general.

With all that said, Christians are not under the law of the old testament. So, things happened in society that was "accepted" by society that were not in the new testament. And we have to understand, just because something happened in society, does not mean it was commanded by God. Incest certainly did happen in the Bible. (Old Testament really.) In the Old Testament incest was allowed in society, because it was not genetically dangerous at the time or illegal. But God demanded new laws against incest under Mosaic Law. We were also less sophisticated in those times. There was really no education or theories about child psychology or sexuality whether deviant or not. Well, there was...but it was very simplistic and not rooted in understanding people at a psychological level. As time has progressed so has our ability to reason, develop insight into children and their psychology, and understand what is damaging to children and people in general.

Anyway, none of this has to do with anything. He molested his sisters and that's wrong. Period.

Page 14 of the report (I think it's 14) states the elders of the Duggar's church wanted Josh to go into a treatment program. One of the elders was a chaplain at Piney Ridge program at Vista Hospital. JimBob said no, he was concerned Josh might be exposed to other offenders and other things they did not want Josh exposed to.:notgood:

I was a huge fan of The Learning Channel when it was a learning channel. I have watched knee replacement surgery, all kinds of operations and thought wow I can do that. ;) When the station changed to all the reality shows I stopped watching. I have never watched their TV show. Just started reading about the Duggars yesterday.

The Duggars that have married, have they married spouses with the same subservient beliefs and religion?

Yes they have

Eta: I'm hoping someone knows better than me, but I thought I remember reading the father actually chose who the daughters will court.

Actually, in ancient times...girls wed and had children young, because life expectancy was so low. This is not just in Biblical times, but for long after. And not just in Christianity, but across all religions. As people started living longer, children began having the luxury (for lack of better words) to actually have a childhood and be views as vulnerable and not equipped for such a task. And to add...there is actually no direct mention of pedophilia in the Bible. The Bible does go into great lengths against harming children, and perversion in general.

With all that said, Christians are not under the law of the old testament. So, things happened in society that was "accepted" by society that were not in the new testament. And we have to understand, just because something happened in society, does not mean it was commanded by God. Incest certainly did happen in the Bible. (Old Testament really.) In the Old Testament incest was allowed in society, because it was not genetically dangerous at the time or illegal. But God demanded new laws against incest under Mosaic Law. We were also less sophisticated in those times. There was really no education or theories about child psychology or sexuality whether deviant or not. Well, there was...but it was very simplistic and not rooted in understanding people at a psychological level. As time has progressed so has our ability to reason, develop insight into children and their psychology, and understand what is damaging to children and people in general.

Anyway, none of this has to do with anything. He molested his sisters and that's wrong. Period.

Life expectancy wasn't low in ancient times, not the way most people understand it. There were some very dangerous moments in one's evolution - usually for children under 5 and for women at birth, but if you made it past that, you could very well live into your 80s. I can easily show that with historical examples. Mathusalem was supposed to have lived a very very long life, no?

And lol at the "not genetically dangerous at the time". I heard that justification from many Christians. There are plenty of cases in which little girls were married in the Bible. And what good is a Holy book if it changes with times? How can it be used as a justification against gay people if it's not an immutable truth?

Yes, he molested his sisters. He did what plenty of great people of the Holy Book did.

Life expectancy wasn't low in ancient times, not the way most people understand it. There were some very dangerous moments in one's evolution - usually for children under 5 and for women at birth, but if you made it past that, you could very well live into your 80s. I can easily show that with historical examples. Mathusalem was supposed to have lived a very very long life, no?

And lol at the "not genetically dangerous at the time". I heard that justification from many Christians. There are plenty of cases in which little girls were married in the Bible. And what good is a Holy book if it changes with times? How can it be used as a justification against gay people if it's not an immutable truth?

Yes, he molested his sisters. He did what plenty of great people of the Holy Book did.

Please understand that I am not defending incest or saying that Christians (or anyone else for that matter) have not molested children since the beginning of time. And it's not just Christians who "claim" that it wasn't as genetically dangerous for these relationships. I'm only pointing that out to give reasons why people justified it. NOT that is a justifiable act. There is always reasons why things that we know are wrong now, were not thought of that way in the past. Recognizing that fact is not justifying what happened in the past, but simply speaking about the culture in which it was accepted and why. Also, life expectancy was around the 30's in biblical times and infant mortality was high. Women had to go through a lot of losses to get even one child...hence one of the reasons why it was accepted in society to do this younger. (Note" I said ONE of the reasons. There were plenty of perverse societal reasons for this, as well.) And again, pointing out societal justifications of the past, does not mean we are justifying it now. (I realize that infant mortality rates do pull down the life expectancy and people could live long lives. However, it was far less common to have a healthy long life...or a life in which children could realistically be conceived and carried past a young age. So again, another part of how their society justified something we now know is wrong.

But I'm not jumping down the rabbit hole anymore. I don't see why we should have biblical debates about this....so I'm going to bow out of this part of the convo. They get too heated and off topic usually.

I think I know what forum you're talking about; I'm over there too.

Sickening.

ETA: IM sent

Replied

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

At 14 I was a freshman in high school and had my period for a year. So Josh damn well knew what he was doing. Just because he was "only fourteen" is not an excuse. (This is not directed at you, I'm just jumping off your post) if someone of the age of 14 murdered someone.. Is it still they are only fourteen???

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Yes. Let's be clear. Josh was 14 at the time of the first reported incident and 15 at the time of the last. He wasn't 10.

[/B]

Yes they have

Eta: I'm hoping someone knows better than me, but I thought I remember reading the father actually chose who the daughters will court.

That is really sad. This sounds more like a cult to me.

Excellent post!:clap::clap::clap: I feel the same way, will never forgive my molester, not necessary, and I'm not a bitter person, what he did to me was unforgivable!

March 17 to July 17, 2003: At the agreement of the elders at the Duggars’ church, the report says, the person was sent to a Christian treatment program.

In his apology earlier this week, here is how Josh Duggar appeared to describe a similar situation: “We spoke with the authorities where I confessed my wrongdoing, and my parents arranged for me and those affected by my actions to receive counseling.”

In a separate interview with police, Michelle Duggar later says that the treatment program the person attended was not with a certified counselor but with a “guy they knew in Little Rock who is remodeling a building,” the report says.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-molestation-allegations-against-josh-duggar/

How can anyone take JD's "apology" seriously when he continues to lie about the counseling he (and his victims) never received?

My burning question for Michelle and Jim Bob: What steps did you take to provide counseling for Josh's victims? Never mind - we already know the answer... :desert:

Josh's statement says in part:

"I understood that if I continued down this wrong road that I would end up ruining my life."

Nothing about ruining his VICTIMS' lives.

http://www.people.com/article/josh-duggar-molestation-accusations-duggars-respond

Well, the victims are female. And as such are likely to blame for being such temptresses that poor Josh the Pedo could not possibly be held responsible for doing depraved things to them. You know how slutty toddlers are.

:puke:

Well, the victims are female. And as such are likely to blame for being such temptresses that poor Josh the Pedo could not possibly be held responsible for doing depraved things to them. You know how slutty toddlers are.

:puke:

I have to wonder how the parents would have handled it if the oldest daughter had been caught doing this to her young brothers. Somehow I think her punishment would have been much harsher than Josh's was. Just speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member