AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly, hair that...distinctive takes a long time to groom, not to mention the money for the product. I'm no theologian, but I don't really see how spending that much time or money fits into any sort of a modesty plan.

Mind you, I'm all for people doing their hair as well or awfully or indifferently as they like. But I hope that if they spend a lot of time or money, they wont be making me feel guilty for spending whatever time or money I do on my hair.

And for what it's worth, I don't see how a pledge of modesty is consistent with being the focus of a television show about how wonderful ones family is. But that's just my opinion.

(It is also my opinion that these sorts of contradictions/tensions have to have some consequences for their many innocent kids. I hope they get help/break free.)

okay, so... I have hair just past my waist, and have for most of my life.

I got a really bad short haircut when I was in college and living in an apartment without air conditioning in Baltimore City. It was a bad choice based on advice from a hairdresser who told me that my hair, which had light waves when it was long would be curly if it were cut short. When I got the cut it was stick straight and I looked like Liza Minnelli until it grew out and. I have never cut it significantly since.

People occasionally ask me if it was hard to grow it or how long it took, but I don't really know how long it took because it's always been long, and it wasn't difficult to grow it, as all I had to do was stop cutting it. When people ask if it takes longer to care for long hair I have to tell them honestly that it doesn't. Having long hair enables me to jump in the shower, wash it (with shampoo and conditioner from the drugstore, comb it out, and I can leave the house without having to blow dry it, style it, etc. it also saves me a lot on haircuts and "product". When I learned recently that my sister spends between 140 and 160 dollars at the hairdresser every month, I was grateful to have that money in my pocket instead.

I did see a video of Jessa Duggar styling Jill's hair, which seemed relatively straightforward, using an inexpensive curling iron and a $4 bottle of Aussie hairspray. I actually considered trying it myself, since it looked so simple to do. Unfortunately, I could find neither the hairspray they recommended nor the curling iron they were using at Walmart, which is where they said they'd gotten them.

Now, as far as the Duggars are concerned, part of the modesty dictate suggests that a young lady should be attracting attention toward her countenance (face). This is done buy the modest application of cosmetics, the Duggar hairstyle, and by wearing bright colors complementary to one's skin tone close to the face, to draw attention up and away from the sinful body parts. This can also be accomplished by the use of neck scarves, short necklaces, short (not dangly) earrings, & a big dopey smile.

II'I'd guess that the length of their hair is biblically required.

1 Corinthians 11:15

"But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her, for her hair is given to her as a covering."

The style though. ...I'll agree with you all, it's got to be "someone's" personal preference.

All I know is that my kinky Irish hair would not ever fit the bill, lol.

BBM Is that what it's all about? The long hair further covers her skin, maybe any skin like shoulders and neck that her clothing may not fully cover? The long wavy hair is more about what men's eyes and groins can tolerate seeing? Sigh............ Who wants a buzz cut?

I wonder why the lawyers refused

Lawyers might take a huge retainer for a case like this but still defend the person. I think it speaks volumes that this didnt happen-maybe JimBob didnt want to pay a retainer for his son. Or maybe these attorneys thought the case was too unpalatable to take.

I'm confused at the reasoning for Jessa to say this: "Bauer Media, the parent company of the tabloid is a major *advertiser censored* provider".

I don't think she understands that *advertiser censored* is legal, but child molestation is not legal.

Respectfully snipped. This is akin to a robo call by her mother raising the alarm for transgender child molestation in bathrooms when she has a child who molested his sisters for months, at a minimum. It is buzz words. Producing legal *advertiser censored* is infinitely more palatable than the sexual abuse of children. It is like JimBob saying that because it was over clothing for some of the girls, the sexual abuse didnt really count. Or the age difference was close so it makes it playing doctor, not incest.

We could go on and on.

If the media is making them feeling vulnerable and shamed, their parents put them in the spotlight and continue to. :banghead: At the end of the day, that is the deal.

I want to thank all of the sleuthers who have bravely shared such harrowing stories of their abuse. :hug:

I think TLC has a lot to answer for and I am waiting for some kind of statement from them. They have some explaining to do imvho. I think they are waiting to determine fallout and I find that somehow worse.

Just wondering, are the women/girls in this family somehow spiritually obliged to avoid cutting their hair (at least with respect to the general length of it)? Or do some have short hair? I've seen some (enough) episodes of the show, but I wouldn't pay attention to something like that.

Father Jim Bob likes long curly hair, which is why they all wear it this way.

Oh my this thread has gotten long, be back with a new one shortly.

I think that by imposing the idea that the girls are victims (and are feeling the trauma of being molested) we are doing a disfavor to victims of abuse (who have been through so much more) by trivializing their past. A brother groping one's breasts while asleep is not the same as a child being raped by an older person. If we call him pedophile and child abuser we are minimizing the acts and deeds of actual pedophiles.

I am no expert...

But...

I believe the abuse cannot be quantified to ascertain degree of abuse...

It is the sense of betrayal, compromising of instincts, and subsequent sense of loss of safety which are the underlying factors...

The victim is violated in ALL cases... Regardless of the "level" of abuse....

All.... JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member