AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LietKynes

Former Member
Reaction score
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-30...een-case-went-police-2006-Oprah-concerns.html

Unsealed police report reveals 'Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar covered up after eldest son Josh confessed to repeatedly fondling girls when he was a teen - and case only went to police in 2006 because of Oprah concerns'

The police report says the alleged victims 'live with Jim Bob and Michelle'

Jim Bob then refused to produce his son, and police could not pursue charges due to the statute of limitations running out

So... he was abusing his own sisters FGS ??

At that point Jim Bob reportedly informed the elders at his church of the situation, but no one notified law enforcement.

When Jim Bob and Michelle were interviewed, they detailed the allegations, which happened at a time when Josh and at least one victim 'were sleeping in a common room.'

The Duggar children now sleep in single-sex bedrooms, with all the girls sharing a bedroom and the boys sharing another bedroom.

While considering the source of this article...... Makes me angry their church , and the Family Research Council also conspired with the Duggars to cover this up.
And what the heck was wrong with the parents, to make the kids of both genders sleep in the same room ?

One wonders just how deep the levels of perversion and creepiness may go in this family ?

If nothing wrong was done... then why the cover up ?

:moo:

Thread #1 Thread #2

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3091501/Unsealed-police-report-reveals-Jim-Bob-Michelle-Duggar-covered-eldest-son-Josh-confessed-repeatedly-fondling-girls-teen-case-went-police-2006-Oprah-concerns.html

Unsealed police report reveals 'Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar covered up after eldest son Josh confessed to repeatedly fondling girls when he was a teen - and case only went to police in 2006 because of Oprah concerns'

The police report says the alleged victims 'live with Jim Bob and Michelle'

Jim Bob then refused to produce his son, and police could not pursue charges due to the statute of limitations running out

So... he was abusing his own sisters FGS ??

At that point Jim Bob reportedly informed the elders at his church of the situation, but no one notified law enforcement.

When Jim Bob and Michelle were interviewed, they detailed the allegations, which happened at a time when Josh and at least one victim 'were sleeping in a common room.'

The Duggar children now sleep in single-sex bedrooms, with all the girls sharing a bedroom and the boys sharing another bedroom.

While considering the source of this article...... Makes me angry their church , and the Family Research Council also conspired with the Duggars to cover this up.
And what the heck was wrong with the parents, to make the kids of both genders sleep in the same room ?

One wonders just how deep the levels of perversion and creepiness may go in this family ?

If nothing wrong was done... then why the cover up ?

:moo:

I read the redacted reports on Daily Mail. It appears one may have been a girl who spent the night. I don't think they were actually sharing rooms. Instead, these things seem to have occurred when he went into their rooms and also when they had large gatherings and kids fell asleep on couches or whatever.

In any event, sexual exploitation/molestation more readily occurs in cultures/families with highly puritanical and repressive views about the body and sex. Sleeping in the same room with opposite gender siblings is not, IMO, at all the problem or root of things like this. Normal siblings would not be aroused by the proximity of a sibling. I actually think had this kid not been made to feel that the female body was a mysterious and dangerous thing and had he been able to interact more normally with non-family member females of his own age, this might not have happened. I don't know.

But such hypocrisy that he is screaming via the FRC about the evils of gay marriage and how that ruins the family. Hmm...

TMZ is reporting this happened in 2002 when he was 14.

Here is the full interview with the girls for those who missed it:

[video=youtube;PmEgQjKiHK8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmEgQjKiHK8[/video]

I think that by imposing the idea that the girls are victims (and are feeling the trauma of being molested) we are doing a disfavor to victims of abuse (who have been through so much more) by trivializing their past. A brother groping one's breasts while asleep is not the same as a child being raped by an older person. If we call him pedophile and child abuser we are minimizing the acts and deeds of actual pedophiles.

I am no expert...

But...

I believe the abuse cannot be quantified to ascertain degree of abuse...

It is the sense of betrayal, compromising of instincts, and subsequent sense of loss of safety which are the underlying factors...

The victim is violated in ALL cases... Regardless of the "level" of abuse....

All.... JMO

I am no expert...

But...

I believe the abuse cannot be quantified to ascertain degree of abuse...

It is the sense of betrayal, compromising of instincts, and subsequent sense of loss of safety which are the underlying factors...

The victim is violated in ALL cases... Regardless of the "level" of abuse....

All.... JMO

So glad this post got moved. If mere 'fondling' was not a big deal, probably half the sex offenders registered and in prison right now, would not be so, right?
I mean I think I understand wanting to protect your son. I have a son. I get it. But you cannot ignore basic facts in doing so. It would be better imho to say yes
he did awful things and we forgive him than to say what he did was not that bad. I wonder if the parents are regretting that interview about now ?

More on the "professional" counseling that Josh received:

But what exactly went down during these “counseling” sessions? In addition to the construction work that Jim Bob has pointed to as being part of Josh’s “recovery,” it’s highly likely that Josh was subjected to IBLP’s special brand of warped, fundamentalist therapy. Of course, these aren’t trained therapists—at least not in any widely accepted sense. Rather, their credentials come straight from god himself. From IBLP’s “Comprehensive Course in Effective Counseling”:

What follows is an answer to the question "Do you have the credentials necessary for counseling?" More at the link.

http://gawker.com/the-truth-about-josh-duggars-sham-cult-center-counseli-1709335574

Wow. I watched the interview. Thanks for the link,

I wish I would have taken notes

1. Did they first say that they were not victims and later they talk about being victims?

2. Did they not say they had no idea of what hapoened but then they said that parents told them to tell all to the abuse investigators? Like what could they say? " We know nothing. " What testimony could there be when they knew nothing?

3. They were only young girls, Yet they knew Josh came back as a changed person. Yes, that is something kids can key in on.

4. They received professional licensed counseling. Um hm. When was this? Like two weeks ago?

5. They were shocked ti see themselves on the cover of a magazine. Were they shocked the other times they saw themselves on the cover of a magazine?

6. They don't feel people should look at their lives. A little late for that$$$$$$$$$$$$

7. I know people of other religions that are into modesty. I have never thought makeup was a modesty option. Interesting.

8. Excellent job of spinning! Love the fact they chose two older girls so the age difference was not so apparent between Josh and his explorations.

Josh was sent off to do carpentry work, Jesus was a carpenter also, so when Josh came home, of course he was a changed person. :rolleyes: That was a good try though, Jim Bob and Michelle. And the mentoring/counseling, was that on the same level of changing homosexuals, straight? If you do these dirty deeds again, God will strike you dead with a bolt of lightening? My youngest daughter had a friend in high school that was gay. His mother wasn't having any of that, and put him in a course/class whatever you want to call it, to change that and make him straight. This happened in a very famous church in So California, real close to the kid's high school. It was awful, this kid was really emotional anyway, and it did do damage. But luckily he was able to get out and go off and live with his dad.

I'm just wondering about who coached the girls about what the FOIA really is, & Bauer Industries' holdings. They don't do email or Internet, do they? As for exploitation, that's what your family series was about, loves. IMO & all that jazz.

I'm just wondering about who coached the girls about what the FOIA really is, & Bauer Industries' holdings. They don't do email or Internet, do they? As for exploitation, that's what your family series was about, loves. IMO & all that jazz.

I have read that the kids can watch shows like Andy Griffith, and old westerns. Internet, I don't know, because it would be hard to monitor that I would think with all those kids? I wondered if when the parents are away for awhile if the kids turned on TV shows they shouldn't, like most kids do, but maybe they have something on their TV to prevent that.

We have a religious sect by us . The females do not cut their hair , but they do not wear make up or curl it. They wear stylish clothes though. I have seen them at the beach, but I don't recall what they wear,

No birth control.

No TV. But when they babysit at non believer's homes, they watch TV. They are very scornful of non believers. The children go to public school and have had to be talked to about not telling the other children they are going to he**

Both of the older girls have Twitter and Instagram accounts which they use to promote the show and public appearances, post photos of baby bumps, love Tweets to their hubbys and quotes from the bible.

But I agree, knowledge about Bauer and the FOIA is a bit out of their "jurisdictions." Given their lack of understanding of what the FOIA is and how it applies in this case we can only guess at the source of their information. I doubt the ATI "Wisdom Books" covers such subjects. :rolleyes:

Both of the older girls have Twitter and Instagram accounts which they use to promote the show and public appearances, post photos of baby bumps, love Tweets to their hubbys and quotes from the bible.

But I agree, knowledge about Bauer and the FOIA is a bit out of their "jurisdictions." Given their lack of understanding of what the FOIA is and how it applies in this case we can only guess at the source of their information. I doubt the ATI "Wisdom Books" covers such subjects. :rolleyes:

I love the quote from the Baretta show. " if you can't do the time, don't do the crime"

If you don't want everything about your life in the media, then don't be in the media. That is the price you pay. If the cost is too high, find another job.

Someone better tell them there was a gay man on the Andy griffith show!

quoting IzzyBlanche:
In my post #1113 I referred to Gothard's teaching that the ideal hair for women is long, wavy, and light brown. Just wanted to add that I read that somewhere but I don't have the link handy. I'll try to find it later.

Everyone should have wavy, light brown hair...? Is he saying that God makes mistakes? He created plenty of people with straight or frizzy hair that is quite the wrong color.

Originally Posted by calli bear

I'm confused at the reasoning for Jessa to say this: "Bauer Media, the parent company of the tabloid is a major *advertiser censored* provider".

I don't think she understands that *advertiser censored* is legal, but child molestation is not legal.

It's a version of misdirection and an ad hominem argument I think. (I realize Bauer Media is not a human.) Find something to criticize about the source so it cancels the message even if the message is true. They publish *advertiser censored*, so they're bad people, and therefore they're wrong about everything they say. They're saying that our brother is a child molester but they've got no right to criticize good Christian child molesters since they publish pictures of immodest people.

The girls certainly are beautiful and well spoken.

It is going to be interesting if no shows happen.

The one sister at age 24 says that it would be no biggie. Life goes on.

They have had a darn good well to do life . Do the husbands work? I wonder if they will ever have to face a life like most people who work for a living?

To the Duggars and many others that have similar beliefs, religious based counseling is considered professional counseling. It is more important to them that a organization affiliates themselves with religion, than anyone working in the organization having professional credentials.

There are many people that will get themselves involved personally and professionally with individuals and businesses simply based on said individuals and businesses stating they are "christian" without doing any research.

These blind followers are the most gullible percentage of the population IMO. They open themselves and their children up to the tremendous amount of fraud and abuse that hides behind "some" of these organization and individuals that affiliate themselves with religion for their own personal gain.

It is a parents job to teach children to use common sense and think independently, not follow others.

The Duggars miserably fail at this. They isolate and teach their children to do exactly as they have done. Two adults cannot have 19 children and meet the basic needs of all those children. There is no reality in that. It is the adults responsibility to care for those children, not just to have sex, birth them and hand them off to the other children in the home.

Now the Duggar children are following in their footsteps. They did learn a couple lessons from their parents though. Make sure the brothers and sisters are isolated from each other and locks are installed on their bedroom doors. Don't let the brothers change diapers or play hide and seek with their sisters. Don't let sisters sit on their brothers laps. Oh, and it's ok to spread lies and hate about gay and transgender people in the name of religion.

So much of what they say and do, is the exact opposite of common sense.

They should not and never should have been given a public platform. Look at all the blind followers they have/did have.

They said licensed professional,counseling? What kind? How to spin to the media effectively?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie