AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The majority of people have a problem with this.

That is why they are speaking out.

I can't speak for all, but the majority are not out for blood like some have insinuated.

I personally, don't want someone sending the wrong message on sexual assault or trying to minimize it.

This is exactly what I have seen this family do. I will not stand silent while they or any of their "friends" do the same.

I am not going to be guilt tripped or distracted by false arguments . Sexual abuse is a crime.

This is a bit off topic but not completely.

I was reading a book today that had a section about virginity pledges. There was a heart-rending quote from a young woman who followed one and then found that after she was married she was unable to have a healthy sexual relationship with her husband because she couldn't get over the ingrained idea that sex was something negative to be avoided.

The book also referenced a study that showed similar reactions among young men who had followed virginity pledges.

I thought that was interesting.

I'm sure that's not everyone's experience but it makes sense that this might be an unintended consequence of such pledges.

I think this quote probably sums it up best. It's written by Geoff Botkins' stay at home daughters - they, and the Maxwells (whom are friends with the Duggars) openly advocate for daughters to remain at home, under their parents authority, until marriage.

Snipped and BBM for focus

Thanks for the info.

My own parents would laugh themselves silly at such an idea and thank their lucky stars I didn't subscribe to it.

Of course, they never treated me as a live-in maid either.

Hmm.

[Mama June]Shannon said that based on her own experience, she suspects that TLC execs have been coaching the Duggars in all of their public appearances, including the interview Fox News’ Megyn Kelly broadcast with Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar as well as daughters Jill Dillard and Jessa Seewald.

“They’re telling them what to say, or what to do, or not what to do. Because that’s how they worked with us. ‘This is what you’re gonna say, you’re gonna stick to it,'” Shannon said. “When we went through the canceling of the show, they wouldn’t let us put our own statements out. They wrote them up and they were released to the public as a write-up mock interview.”

http://www.thewrap.com/honey-boo-bo...for-backing-duggars-they-treated-us-so-wrong/

How embarrassing it must be when one's situation emboldens Mama June to claim the moral high ground.

From the article, BBM:

Springdale police Thursday released a trove of documents requested by the Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette under the Freedom of Information Act, but didn't include the May 27 audio recording. The recording was previously released to In Touch magazine and received extensive press coverage.

It will be interesting to see what emerges from the trove of released documents. I myself don't understand the hesitation about the recording since it's already been released.

Brandon Cate looked over the supplemental orders Dotson filed with the civil service commission complaint.
"I have reviewed Judge Zimmerman's May 21 order and her two supplemental orders," Brandon Cate said. "None of the Arkansas statutes cited in her orders provide the court with the authority to order the destruction of the police report."
Also from the above

Good news everyone! Bunnies are now safe from JD.

FWIW

There is someone with even less claim to a moral high ground than Mama June, who is taking a stand against JD.
Dennis Hof (Cathouse on HBO; Moonlite Bunny Ranch) has banned JD from any of the MBR properties.
His press release is a maze of twisted thinking and tortured logic, but Hof has bluntly taken aim at the hypocrisy within the Duggar clan and the fantasy family they present on TLC. Hof capitalized on the situation to bring attention to his own hit series with a few controversial statements. For instance, he says

“Those poor girls (the Duggar sisters) were propped up on television by their Bible thumping parents to make excuses for their brother, saying that their mother and father had protected them after they became aware of the molestations by putting locks on the girls’ doors. We don’t have locks on our girls’ doors, because we’ve never needed them. Apparently the Bunny Ranch brothel is a safer place for young girls than the Duggar household.”

http://jezebel.com/nevada-brothel-bans-josh-duggar-in-order-to-protect-his-1710869619

Actually, he does have a point there! And what goes on in his properties is between consenting adults, totally unlike the Duggar house.

The 19 Kids and Counting couple were previously promoted as speakers at the Rocky Mountain Super Conference on the Family put on by the Christian Home Educators of Colorado (CHEC), the largest home schooling organization in the state with over 10,000 families as members.

The CHEC issued a statement to their members this week announcing the Duggar’s withdrawal from the event.

“By God’s Providence, CHEC just received word that Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar have decided not to come and address the 2015 Rocky Mountain Super Conference on the Family. This latest change comes in light of recent and increased attacks and pressure on the family. They have graciously requested to withdraw entirely from speaking at this year’s conference and therefore will not be appearing at the Friday evening event on June 19th.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/dug...erence-due-to-attacks-and-pressure-on-family/

Actually, he does have a point there! And what goes on in his properties is between consenting adults, totally unlike the Duggar house.
Hof puts forward his ideas regarding the results of molestation which, in his opinon, might result in a victim becoming part of the prostitution industry. At first I thought he was exaggerating the likelihood of such a connection. So, I did a little checking and found out that Hof may indeed know what he is talking about (and as a brothel owner/operator he should know a lot about this first hand, I guess.) A couple of academic sources follow.

Estimates of the prevalence of incest among prostitutes range from 65% to 90%. The Council for Prostitution Alternatives, Portland, Oregon Annual Report in 1991 stated that: 85% of prostitute/clients reported history of sexual abuse in childhood; 70% reported incest. The higher percentages (80%-90%) of reports of incest and childhood sexual assaults of prostitutes come from anecdotal reports and from clinicians working with prostitutes (interviews with Nevada psychologists cited by Patricia Murphy, Making the Connections: women, work, and abuse, 1993, Paul M. Deutsch Press, Orlando, Florida; see also Rita Belton, "Prostitution as Traumatic Reenactment," 1992, International Society for Traumatic Stress Annual Meeting, Los Angeles, CA M.H. Silbert and A.M. Pines, 1982, "Victimization of street prostitutes," Victimology: An International Journal, 7: 122-133; C. Bagley and L Young, 1987, "Juvenile Prostitution and child sexual abuse: a controlled study," Canadian Journal of Community Mental Health, Vol 6: 5-26.)
http://www.rapeis.org/activism/prostitution/prostitutionfacts.html

Many women who become prostitutes have been victims of childhood sexual abuse. To cope with the trauma of sexual abuse and the stress of prostitution, many turn to drugs and alcohol, which further complicates their problems. If society is to prevent prostitution, it must condemn the sexual abuse of women and children.
http://ic.galegroup.com/ic/ovic/Vie...ecu26050&zid=65e5f9c11b537a3fa5c22af7aeebfda6

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/judging-condemning-belong-jesus-christ-801194

In Springdale, it wasn't hard to find the wellspring of all the goodwill that was keeping them afloat; it simply is part of the landscape. Christian radio is ubiquitous on the airwaves, and churches dot suburban streets and busy intersections alike. More than half of Springdale residents consider themselves religious, and of those, nearly 50 percent, like the Duggars, are Baptist. While I was there, one radio broadcast featured a discussion that purported to be a forensic analysis of how the biblical Jonah could have survived in the belly of a great fish for three days.

Also on the radio: a show for kids that included a Bible quiz, followed by a segment called "Storytime." The topic of this day's show was, "What to do if you or someone you know is being abused?" Before anything else, kids were informed, even before talking to a trusted adult, victims should pray.

This is positively criminal IMO.

In April, the Duggars announced on Twitter that they were giving away free food to needy families at the Compassion Center in Springdale, Arkansas.

The Duggar Family ‏@duggarfam · Apr 27
Join us tonight at 6:45pm at the Compassion Center in Springdale to give out food to families in need!

The Duggar Family
‏@duggarfam Join us tonight at 6:45pm at the Compassion Center in Springdale to give out food to families in need! @CompassionNWA

Duggar family stages food donation then takes food back!
Number 5 pic, shows its all for publicity. MEET the Duggars. come and receive a free bag of groceries and meet the stars of 19 kids and counting :puke:

http://radaronline.com/photos/dugga...ng-family-stages-charity-scene/photo/1044142/

There was a petition going around in 2014 to get TLC to cancel the Duggars. When asked about it JB said that they will not succeed in canceling, because "Their/HIS" show is #1 on TLC. I wonder what his swollen EGO has to say now!

https://www.change.org/p/the-learning-channel-end-lgbtq-fear-mongering-by-the-duggars/u/8600084

This from their family blog... It's all BS

During the press conference, the Duggars shared how they treat people whose beliefs do not align with their own.

"Just because we love someone doesn't mean we agree with everything that they believe or do," said Michelle Duggar. "We don't have to compromise our convictions to be compassionate."

Jim Bob and Michelle encourage their children to devote their lives to serving God and others. For the Duggars, "others" includes people who share their convictions, as well as those whose beliefs do not match up with their own.

"And so that's really the point, is that we love everybody, no matter what background, no matter what their beliefs are," said Jim Bob. "And of course, not everybody is as tolerant towards us as we are of them, but that's part of life."

The Duggars also mentioned that they are not concerned about the petition to cancel 19 Kids and Counting.

"They won’t succeed," said Jim Bob. "Our show is the number one show on TLC. We love everybody. It’s a small group creating this fuss. All it has done is give us more exposure."

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2014/12/duggars-respond-to-haters.html

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=2014+petiton+to+cancel+19+kids+and+counting

Here are two articles about Josh. This was back when tony Perkins first hired Josh to work for FRC.
Tony gives his reason he hired the Godly Josh Duggar ~~~~
In hiring him, the group — known for its vigilantly anti-abortion, anti-gay marriage stances — hopes to appeal to more young people and to tap into the huge popularity of his evangelical clan within flyover America. “The big part of Josh’s focus is going to be building our grass-roots across the country” — Christian conservatives, homeschooling families. Duggar, he noted, previously campaigned for Rick Santorum and for a restrictive Arkansas law that would ban most abortions after 12 weeks.

Their program has shown that there are viewers who are not just inquisitive but who really do understand the importance of family,” he said.
^^^^^^^^
How's that last reason you gave for hiring Josh working out for ya Tony? :lol:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...r-political-job-with-family-research-council/

and another from 2013
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-research-council-job-new-life-in-washington/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave