AR - Manhunt launched for 2 murders who escape from prison 5/29/09

It always amazes me when articles state they were "spotted" in two different locations. Doesn't that mean no one bothered to call in LE immediately so they could be apprehended?! :bang:

That wouldn't surprise me. The driver could have driven down from greene county-(adams) or the counties of washington, searcy, marion-(grinder) to leave the car and they must have left a credit card for them so we can pay for their gas. The last update I read has them possibly heading to Michigan now. I'd love to be driving North on I 57 now. I'd be keeping my eyes peeled. :detective:

even though I understand the mentality of telling people where they think the convicts are headed, so they can be on the lookout for them, they also are letting the convicts know what they think and they can avert their plans. I think its best for everyone everywhere to be on the lookout, as they could be going anywhere and best for people to concentrate on type of car, not license (as that can be easily switched) and descriptions of suspects

SeriouslySearching with all of the cell phone usage we have today, it would seem to me if they were spotted someplace a call would bring in LE fairly quickly. I agree with your 12:35 pm post today.

These two need to be found ASAP. Wonder how they are surviving. Don't they need cash?

Ooops, sorry. That's what I get for just skimming over posts! :) I have never heard of either of those cities in Missouri though, they must be really small.

Yeah, I think they are. According to city-data, Hayti has a little over 3,000 residents. Both are about 80 miles from Memphis and 70 miles from Jonesboro Arkansas (the closest major city).

SeriouslySearching with all of the cell phone usage we have today, it would seem to me if they were spotted someplace a call would bring in LE fairly quickly. I agree with your 12:35 pm post today.

These two need to be found ASAP. Wonder how they are surviving. Don't they need cash?
They had help on the outside getting the vehicle and probably other items to survive. What they need they will take along the way. They have nothing to lose and killing a person for a car, gasoline, food, or money is usually how escaped convicts stay on the run. It is what makes them the most dangerous of all criminals.

They had help on the outside getting the vehicle and probably other items to survive. What they need they will take along the way. They have nothing to lose and killing a person for a car, gasoline, food, or money is usually how escaped convicts stay on the run. It is what makes them the most dangerous of all criminals.

Yeah, I agree SS. Either killing a person, or robbing them. They've done it before, and they'll do it again.

even though I understand the mentality of telling people where they think the convicts are headed, so they can be on the lookout for them, they also are letting the convicts know what they think and they can avert their plans. I think its best for everyone everywhere to be on the lookout, as they could be going anywhere and best for people to concentrate on type of car, not license (as that can be easily switched) and descriptions of suspects

I know, right!

If I were an escaped convict, I'd go somewhere totally random.

US Marshals have joined in the search for two escaped murderers from a prison unit near Little Rock, Arkansas.

The Associated Press is reporting that an Arkansas Correction Department spokeswoman has confirmed that Jeffery Grinder and Calvin Adams have been spotted near Kalamazoo, Michigan.

Five prison guards have been placed on unpaid administrative leave while Arkansas authorities try to determine how two murderers escaped disguised as correction officers from the Cummins Unit in Grady.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2009/06/five-guards-placed-on-unpaied-leave-in.html

What did they find out about the car plates? c'mon...c'monnn.......(eric cartman):whistle:

GRAND JUNCTION -- A former Fennville man who donned a guard uniform Friday and walked out of an Arkansas prison with another convicted killer was seen Monday in northern Van Buren County, officials said.

Calvin Adams, 39, who was serving a life sentence without chance of parole for capital murder, was spotted at 11 a.m. Monday talking to a relative at a residence east of Grand Junction, according to a dispatch from Portage police. Adams and Jeffery Grinder, 32, who also was serving a life sentence without parole for capital murder, escaped from the Cummins Unit in Lincoln County, Ark.

Surveillance footage shows Adams and Grinder in the prison library wearing inmate uniforms, Arkansas Department of Correction spokeswoman Dina Tyler said, then a few minutes later shows them leaving in guard uniforms. The two were able "to walk out of the main building and out the entry building without being challenged" during a change of shifts at the prison at 6:18 p.m. CDT on Friday, she said.

What did they find out about the car plates? c'mon...c'monnn.......(eric cartman):whistle:

Not sure if they are in the same car and they just stole other plates to put on it, or stole another car.

Honestly, I'm surprised they've stayed on the run this long. Especially because they managed to swing by several places where they have family members, etc. That's a pretty bold move, if you ask me. Surely they would've known that's the first places that LE will check. I'm also surprised that they're still together. I figured they would've split up by now.

According to this article- http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/2_murderers_escape_spotted_in_Mich the family is cooperating with police, so that's a good sign at least. Hopefully they can give LE some insight as to where this pair may be headed.

Fox news just announced they have been recaptured in NY during a traffic stop. WOOHOO!

Fox news just announced they have been recaptured in NY during a traffic stop. WOOHOO!

Hi SS, I also heard there was a woman with them! No linkie poo yet xox

Nope, just looked again, but they were apprehended in upstate New York.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back