AR AR - Morgan Nick, 6, Alma, 9 Jun 1995

The photo of the grave is chilling. It is interesting there is no second name. Is the distance from Arkansas to Wyoming about 1,000 miles?

About 1329 miles driving: Google Maps

If the remains in that grave are Morgan Nick it means she lived for 8 years after abduction. That is plenty of time for a perp to relocate across the country and claim she is his/her daughter. Or once in Wyoming a perp could choose a rural location where she could be kept out of sight completely.

MOO.

About 1329 miles driving: Google Maps

If the remains in that grave are Morgan Nick it means she lived for 8 years after abduction. That is plenty of time for a perp to relocate across the country and claim she is his/her daughter. Or once in Wyoming a perp could choose a rural location where she could be kept out of sight completely.

MOO.

Thank you for this useful information. Hopefully law enforcement can figure out who’s remains are buried there as promptly as possible.

This sounds like a good idea to me. It might work.

"Investigators in Oklahoma are using a unique method to spread the story of Morgan Nick — the six-year-old abducted from an Alma, Arkansas baseball field in 1995.

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation has included Nick’s picture on a series of cold case playing cards."

Morgan Nick case featured on playing cards for prisoners

This sounds like a good idea to me. It might work.

"Investigators in Oklahoma are using a unique method to spread the story of Morgan Nick — the six-year-old abducted from an Alma, Arkansas baseball field in 1995.

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation has included Nick’s picture on a series of cold case playing cards."

Morgan Nick case featured on playing cards for prisoners

This is an idea I would never have thought of it is very clever. I really wish there could be a break in this case.

A possible grave-site has been found in Wyoming with a cross with the name "Morgan" and the numbers 88 and 03 on it: Sheriff's office seeks information on mystery grave in northern Wyoming

Morgan was born in 1988. Could she have been held captive until 2003? :(

Here is the thread to discuss the mystery grave: PARK COUNTY, Wyo Sheriff's office seeks information on mystery grave in northern Wyoming

Update on the above grave:
POWELL (WNE) — A mysterious grave reported on Polecat Bench this summer contains “the remains of a beloved family pet” and not a human body, the Park County Sheriff’s Office announced last week.

Mysterious Park County grave contains remains of pet

On November 14, the mysterious grave was announced as solved. The announcement can be found on the Park County Sheriff's Office Facebook page.

"It was determined and verified that the grave did not contain human remains. Instead, the grave contains the remains of a beloved family pet.
As to the significance of the cross and the rings, those responsible for the grave have asked to remain anonymous and that their privacy be respected."

Thank you for this important update I was wondering about the photo of the grave.

I see someone else already posted the update. I apologize for the duplication of information.

On November 14, the mysterious grave was announced as solved. The announcement can be found on the Park County Sheriff's Office Facebook page.

"It was determined and verified that the grave did not contain human remains. Instead, the grave contains the remains of a beloved family pet.
As to the significance of the cross and the rings, those responsible for the grave have asked to remain anonymous and that their privacy be respected."

Can you just decide to go bury your pet out in the wilderness and have a grave marker? Seems kind of strange. Maybe? I don’t know. Doing some googling it looks like you can in some areas if you own the land. Not seeing anything about it being legal on land you don’t own.

It's darn bizarre. Why would they erect a cross with the years "88 and 03" and also include a chain with rings. It makes no sense. I contacted the Sheriff's Department directly... they just want to shut the story down. I asked them if they had been in touch with the Nick family. They simply said the case was closed and the family wanted privacy. Why? It was a PET that was buried. Why do you need privacy over a pet that was buried back in 2003?

Can you just decide to go bury your pet out in the wilderness and have a grave marker? Seems kind of strange. Maybe? I don’t know. Doing some googling it looks like you can in some areas if you own the land. Not seeing anything about it being legal on land you don’t own.[/Q

Can you just decide to go bury your pet out in the wilderness and have a grave marker? Seems kind of strange. Maybe? I don’t know. Doing some googling it looks like you can in some areas if you own the land. Not seeing anything about it being legal on land you don’t own.

Ive buried past pets as a child and for my kids. The markers are more for the kids showing respect for something they loved and will miss. Don't think its that too far strange.

Ive buried past pets as a child and for my kids. The markers are more for the kids showing respect for something they loved and will miss. Don't think its that too far strange.

I agree. When I was a child my father buried several family pets. Prayers were said and the children cried. As an adult I too have buried several pets in the back yard. But we never did put up a grave marker.

has anyone ever officially named any suspects in the case? I came across a possible suspect in Edward Keith Renegar who seems like a good suspect. Any others?

Reactions: mrz
It's darn bizarre. Why would they erect a cross with the years "88 and 03" and also include a chain with rings. It makes no sense. I contacted the Sheriff's Department directly... they just want to shut the story down. I asked them if they had been in touch with the Nick family. They simply said the case was closed and the family wanted privacy. Why? It was a PET that was buried. Why do you need privacy over a pet that was buried back in 2003?

Is it even possible for a pet to live that long?

The house and yard that was searched a few years ago used to belong to a man who was considered a suspect back when Morgan went missing. He was arrested a year later in 1996 and served time for assaulting a child. During the search, cadaver dogs (dogs that are trained to smell human remains) had picked up on a scent coming from a dry well but nothing was found there. Interestingly, during the interrogation for the 1996 assault, detectives brought up Morgan, and he instantly froze up, acted nervously and refused to answer any questions related to her. Also interestingly, a cousin of Morgan posts on Reddit occasionally, and said in a post once that the family believe this man was responsible for her kidnapping. I'm not going to mention his name as its not allowed, but he was mentioned a couple pages back.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back