AR AR - Little Rock (North), BlkMale, 50-80, UP5156, in shed, watch/ring, Jul'78

Coffee56

Reaction score
WARNING - PM AT LINK!!! - GRAPHIC

NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case Number221-78
Demographics
SexMale
Race / EthnicityBlack / African American
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupAdult
Estimated Age Range (Years)50-80
Estimated Year of Death1978
Estimated PMI--
HeightCannot Estimate
Weight150 lbs, Estimated
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date Body FoundJuly 13, 1978
NamUs Case CreatedMay 1, 2009
ME/C QA ReviewedMay 2, 2009
Location Found Map
LocationNorth Little Rock, Arkansas
CountyPulaski County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)--
Circumstances of RecoveryThis victim was found lying on some newspapers in a shed.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsRecognizable face
Physical Description
Hair Color--
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye Color--
Right Eye Color--
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
No Known Information

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Jewelry
1 silver colored watch and 1 gold colored ring with 1 diamond-like stone and several other areas where stones may have been at one time.
On the Body

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

2835UMAR

Who's shed was he found in? He looks emaciated, as in malnourished as in a medically needy person, who was neglected long term. Someone had to have transported him there if so. Maybe he was homeless and his family unaware he did not have shelter. In 1978 that would seem odd. Society tended to keep an eye on their own back then. Poor guy.

"The decedent was found lying on some newspapers in a shed in the vicinity of Tenth and Magnolia Streets."

The newspapers seem so purposeful. Why on top of them? Did someone collect them over time and just hadn’t burned them yet? Were the newspapers dated in 1978 as in did someone go buy a bunch just for this purpose? Did they have a burn barrel? That’s what you did back then, burned trash in a barrel. Hmmmm. This poor man.

Clarence Smith Sr still appears as an MP and has almost 20 UID comparison ruleouts listed, but not against this UID www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/4203?nav I'm on the fence about whether he should be submitted - I guess there isn't enough information to rule him in/out as a possibility from the publicly available information. For example if he ran into the trees but had in his pocket sufficient resources to relocate from the area, would he have gone to Arkansas? Did he have family connections there or a reason to go that way? While it's 240mi from Ferriday to Little Rock, it's a pretty straightforward route.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert
Back