GUILTY AR - Randall Walker, 47, found murdered, Garfield, 30 Aug 2007

I think we should than have a right to sue this guy and all the other sleezebags in the prisons/and jails for misuse of taxpayers funds. This guys problem is his stomach is so stretched that he needs extra food to survive. He should have done the math before he decided (yes, he decided) to commit a crime that caused him to go to prison. We taxpayers sure didn't put him in there. That was his choice. And with every choice he makes there are going to be consequences. Maybe they should get him a large bag of dog food (no thats too good for him) try pig slop. Or better yet, whatever is left after each meal, spoon it into a plastic garbage bag, let him keep it in his cell, and when he gets hungry, just dig in. That way the system won't have to waste taxpayers money by throwing away food. Do you think he stopped to think that what he was doing was going to make him lose his rights to pull up to mcdonalds drive-thru. Or open the fridge at home. Pig out at a party or cookout. Go to an all you can eat buffet. If he wins his lawsuit are they going to reinstate those rights? If hes going for the money he has a BIG (excuse the expression) nerve!

I would comment on this , but cannot think of any words that would not get me banned from WS. What a @$^*(()&^

noZme: :laugh: :laugh: ha ha ha ha ... cudden resist. That's classic

Reading the title I figured "lost 105 lbs and still alive to complain?".

Not laughing at him; I'm laughing at his claim of "starvation", but boy that's one big lad. He's in for murder: lord I'd hate to be sat on by this let alone beaten and knifed. Exactly, Autumn: "He should be thankful..." for small mercies while incarcerated. The prison services are actually saving his life.

Spare me. How dare a murderer in prison complain when he is given three balanced meals per day that equal 3,000 Calories total? And, he is also insisting upon having hot meals?

He should be thanking the prison system for helping him to become more healthy.

Lion

i know i may get it for this ... but sometimes prisoners are malnourished...

one of my best friend's had to serve a month for a very petty crime (something she didn't even know was illegal). she went into jail a week after being released from the hospital for an intestinal illness that nearly killed her.

the guards nearly killed her again. at first they wouldn't let her take the meds that kept her alive/her intestines functioning. she was buckled over in pain, and finally was able to make a call to her parents a few days later who had to get a JUDGE to intervene in order for the guards to let her take her meds. (btw, the guards had been told BEFORE she got into prison that she needed these meds to stay alive).

the guards let her take her medicane. but then they forced her to eat food that messed with her intestines, and with-held a lot of other food that she was supposed to eat. when THIS pattern finally got fixed, the guards were pissed at her for 'getting them in trouble.'

what did they do then? they allowed the other prisoners to beat up my friend. the guards told other prisoners that she was a spoiled brat and was receiving special treatment. they let these other prisoners beat up my best friend. she hasn't been the same since. ever since she came out it's been one psychological issue after another -- bouts with depression, eating disorders, full-fledged nervous breakdowns. sorry, but sometimes it is the system that is f'ed up.

i know i may get it for this ... but sometimes prisoners are malnourished...

one of my best friend's had to serve a month for a very petty crime (something she didn't even know was illegal). she went into jail a week after being released from the hospital for an intestinal illness that nearly killed her.

the guards nearly killed her again. at first they wouldn't let her take the meds that kept her alive/her intestines functioning. she was buckled over in pain, and finally was able to make a call to her parents a few days later who had to get a JUDGE to intervene in order for the guards to let her take her meds. (btw, the guards had been told BEFORE she got into prison that she needed these meds to stay alive).

the guards let her take her medicane. but then they forced her to eat food that messed with her intestines, and with-held a lot of other food that she was supposed to eat. when THIS pattern finally got fixed, the guards were pissed at her for 'getting them in trouble.'

what did they do then? they allowed the other prisoners to beat up my friend. the guards told other prisoners that she was a spoiled brat and was receiving special treatment. they let these other prisoners beat up my best friend. she hasn't been the same since. ever since she came out it's been one psychological issue after another -- bouts with depression, eating disorders, full-fledged nervous breakdowns. sorry, but sometimes it is the system that is f'ed up.
ttrachel thank you for your perspective here. I am so sorry your friend had to endure such horrible treatment. Guards like that should be fired. While I have no sympathy for murderers and the like I can really sympathize with your friend. I hope she heals from this some day.

I don't think anybody needs more than 3000 to survive. Comfortably. He's a whiney guy who sounds like he's just trying to get money and attention.

I have an incarcerated friend who was arrested and put in prison many years ago at a whopping 340 pounds. He now is awesomely attractive in shape and health because he ate what they gave him and exercised ALOT.

Seems to me movie stars would pay thousands of dollars for small portions and exercise, plenty of sleep and time to read... and they call it a spa.

...tempting as it is, however, I think I'll stay fat, rather than go on the prison diet.

Well I'm game !!!!
Lock me up and feed me bread and water for a few months. I could stand to lose a little weight....

( TIC--- I know they dont serve the inmates just bread and water in jail. )

He's still at least 100 lbs over his ideal weight, unless the article failed to mention that he's over 9 feet tall. I don't feel like his health is being compromised at this point. If he drops a ways below his ideal because of the diet, then I'd like to hear about it. Until then, I think he should just consider it an undeserved perk of his incarceration.

You know what I would say to him, ohh boo hooo cry me a river build me a bridge and GET OVER IT! If you dont want a bad life dont be a murderer.

The guy is facing the death penalty and is complaining that getting over 2500 calories a day is cruel and unusual punishment. Is he flippin' nuts?
:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

The only reason he's loosing weight is because he probably doesn't have access to junk food 24/7.

ttrachel thank you for your perspective here. I am so sorry your friend had to endure such horrible treatment. Guards like that should be fired. While I have no sympathy for murderers and the like I can really sympathize with your friend. I hope she heals from this some day.

From my perspective, her doc may have been in a better position to help than anyone, since (s)he could have delayed incareration until your friend was completely well, or helped with an emergency order to have her hospitalized. Jail is hard enough when young and healthy. I'm all for serving due time, but only when the person is physically able to tolerate it. Usually jails don't want anyone who is even minimally ill, since they often have to foot the health care bill.

cali & crypt:

the prisoner is a guy, a very fat guy

while robbing a man, he beat the man to death with a weight bar

then set the house on fire

he already had a criminal record

do you want a murderer running loose?

at 308 pounds, he is still fat... obese

geez

please tell me you do not really feel bad for him

here is a picture

http://pysih.com/wp-content/uploads/...yd-laswell.jpg

do you want to set him up with your sister?

The guy is facing the death penalty and is complaining that getting over 2500 calories a day is cruel and unusual punishment. Is he flippin' nuts?
:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

With the price of gas and food I can't afford 2500 calories a day. Give him a speedy trial, sentence him to death and put him out of his misery.

Okay, I didn't read the article, but don't prisons have guidelines that they must follow? The prisoners probably do not get that much food; however, I thought that was where family and friends stepped in to put money into their account or whatever it is called. Can't they buy extra food?

This guy needs to lose 200 more pounds and then thank the jail for helping him do it. I need to be on a prison food program myself... :blushing:

My word...I just read that he is getting 2500 a day! Geez....Many people gain weight on 2500 calories a day. Can you imagine what he must have been eating on the outside??

Okay, I didn't read the article, but don't prisons have guidelines that they must follow? The prisoners probably do not get that much food; however, I thought that was where family and friends stepped in to put money into their account or whatever it is called. Can't they buy extra food?

This guy needs to lose 200 more pounds and then thank the jail for helping him do it. I need to be on a prison food program myself... :blushing:

nan, you have to check out the smoking gun link and see his progress losing weight. The guy looks a million times better and has to feel better other than his little grumbley old tummy.

Women would probably gain weight on the jail's food. They supply 3000 calories a day, according to the jailer.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back