GUILTY AR - Reilly Scarbrough, 10, & Acelynn Wester, 2, Polk County, 26 April 2017

This is horrible. These types of cases also make me wonder how bad it was for the kids leading up to this. Just looking at the killer leads me to assume these 2 little kids probably had a very chaotic and scary home life leading up to this as well.

I wonder if mum and kids were hiding out at uncles and this found them! I'm guessing by the outcome this guy was abusive. All just moo. Fly high little ones xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if mum and kids were hiding out at uncles and this found them! I'm guessing by the outcome this guy was abusive. All just moo. Fly high little ones xx

That is my working theory, it makes sense, if you can say anything about this horror makes sense

Initially I thought this might have something to do with drugs, but the the more I think about it a 2 year old couldn't possibly snitch about anything. Even if it was a revenge situation for drugs, I can understand killing the mother (even though that's not right), but two different households and killing 2 children is going too far with a drug situation.

So that leaves me believing this has to be a relationship problem and BT killed everyone in a blind rage because he was dumped or because something was seriously wrong between him and the mother. As a result, his way of dealing with it was the "if I can't have you, no one can" solution. It just takes a certain unique type of abnormal psychological problem (sociopath, psychopath, narcissist) for someone to go after children, especially a 2 year old. I would be willing to say if this was a relationship problem, there was abuse and serious control issues on BT's part and the uncle got caught in the middle of it because he was trying to help the mother escape.

It seems to me this killer was way too methodical for blind rage. I suppose it's possible that all were killed at the uncle's house and bodies left in different locations, but then again ----maybe not. With what little we know now, it sounds more like he tracked them down. Driving from Mena to Hatfield to kill the uncle seems pretty calculated to me. Then again, it's possible all three were staying there with the uncle.

I haven't read anything to confirm the family was intact, mother and two children living in the same residence. What makes me wonder about that is the uncle's murder and the different dates the kids were last seen. I wonder if Reilly was living with his uncle.

If there was a history of abuse, I'd consider that the abuse perpetrated by this killer involved one or both of the kids, the child made an outcry or abuse was observed. Either way, mother and uncle were aware and were protective of the kids. Just a theory.

Another possibility would be if one or more knew of criminal activity of the killer and were seen as a threat.

Knowing how they were killed and when would give us so much information. Not complaining. I hope LE ties this one up real tight.

Sorry - going round in circles!

I'm curious to know if there were previous CPS reports and/or calls to LE about him.

Please forgive if this is a repeat -- I just saw it:

[h=1]Missing 9-year-old boy found dead near bodies of mom and baby sister; suspect has been identified
[/h]A nine-year-old boy is the latest victim to be discovered in what appears to be a brutal family murder by the boyfriend of the boy’s mother. According to Arkansas Online, Reilly Scarbrough’s body was found in a wooded area in Hatfield, Arkansas, on Saturday. During the previous week, his mother, baby sister, and great uncle were all found dead.
The murder motive or cause of death for any of the victims is not yet known.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/04/...-and-baby-sister-suspect-has-been-identified/

This is so heartbreaking. Reilly must have been terrified. Poor babies. I just can't imagine WTH happened here.

We've seen evil before & we definitely know it when we see it. This guy is just plain evil. With people like this, there is no reason to ask why. Evil just is.

BT was no stranger to the law.

http://www.insidefortsmith.com/suspect-in-polk-county-homicides-no-stranger-to-judicial-system/

"With a record that started when he was 19, Travis has been found guilty of or pleaded guilty to multiple counts of felony breaking and entering, commercial burglary, burglary and forgery, misdemeanor theft of property charges and a myriad of “unclassified” offenses in nine different court appearances encompassing 19 separate convictions."

This week has been absolutely horrifying on this forum. Time for another step away from the missing board........

Me too. It's almost just too much sometimes, especially when there are babies (all kids) involved. I think I'll go work on some cold cases for a while. My heart hurts. :(

BT was no stranger to the law.

http://www.insidefortsmith.com/suspect-in-polk-county-homicides-no-stranger-to-judicial-system/

"With a record that started when he was 19, Travis has been found guilty of or pleaded guilty to multiple counts of felony breaking and entering, commercial burglary, burglary and forgery, misdemeanor theft of property charges and a myriad of “unclassified” offenses in nine different court appearances encompassing 19 separate convictions."

He's had 19 separate convictions! And now this horrific act. Just plain EVIL!

As soon as I saw his picture -- the one showing the many tats on his upper chest & shoulders -- I assumed he got those while incarcerated. No surprise. Lots & lots of time-consuming tats, IMO. A bad one, also IMO.

So, WHY was this "thing" out and about anyway ??
With his rap sheet-- he should have already been behind bars.

I mean this respectfully--- but I wish this mother had chosen a boyfriend more wisely. :(
Maybe he fooled her into thinking he was an upstanding citizen ? Idk.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back