Found Deceased AR - Sydney Sutherland, 25, Jackson Co., went for a jog, 19 Aug 2020 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTAF did a show on this case last night and a local came on the panel at about 2 hours 12 minutes with some interesting info. Going to alert to make sure this source is allowed on this case too

Last edited:
I don't understand. If Brooke has been missing since 2018, are you saying he had an arrest sometime in 2018?
I looked up all of the arrests from 8/21, the night QL was arrested, and I'm curious about one of them that has connections to Brooke (if you followed her case at all, the name would maybe be familiar). All MOO.

I believe she was found on his property or property of family. In cases like this in small towns- the first reports you hear are right in the money.
If he tried to destroy evidence and failed, then used a backhoe to bury her, then I can’t imagine him doing this on a stranger’s property. He would have been caught in the act.
I’m glad they found her before a significant amount of time had passed. I hope they are able to gather the evidence they need to fully prosecute QL.

It will be interesting to watch how QL's defense strategy evolves, after we hear the official COD. His story that he accidentally hit Sydney, then hid her body because he was scared doesn't ring true.

We all know what the rumors are. Those details certainly don't fit with an accident and bad judgement.

Am I missing something? I do not see where it states in this link that the boyfriend ID'ed Sydney's body.

From that link:

"UPDATE, Aug. 21, 2020, 6:30 p.m.: The family of Sydney Sutherland’s boyfriend, Alex, has confirmed on Facebook the body discovered Friday afternoon was that of Sutherland. The post (below) also notes a person has been confessed and has been arrested. No names were released."

Correct, it does not say Alex ID'd her, it says his family confirmed that it was her.

lol, that doesn't help
Ok, sorry. Let me reference this post from Brooke’s thread.
Her father told Searcy police that she may be in the area of Batesville, Newport, Jacksonport or Searcy. He said she was either last seen in the Newark and Newport area July 10 and possibly July 12 in Searcy after having a disagreement with her estranged ex-husband Brad Durham.

Her last name is Durham but since she divorced, she is going by her maiden name -- Allensworth.

Brooke's car, a 2007 black Toyota Camry, was found the day after she was reported missing and looked as if it had been abandoned for a while. "

An Independence County Sheriff said, "the investigation into her disappearance shows the flat occurred while Brooke was traveling from Newport to Searcy. A passerby temporarily fixed it with a can of fix-a-flat, but when it went flat again, she pulled over by the bridge near Oil Trough, where deputies found the vehicle after being called to the area."

The Daily Citizen - thedailycitizen.com

QL’s wife is friends with Brooke Allensworth on FB. Just something I noticed that I found interesting.
Me too! I think it’s very odd that QL chose a victim so close to his circle or friends. I realize it’s a small town but I ( probably wrongly) assumed that if this was sexually motivated he would have picked a stranger. Not someone so close to his circle of friends.
And nope the hit and panic does NOT sit right at all.
If this were the case he could have just kept driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong