Found Deceased AR - Sydney Sutherland, 25, Jackson Co., went for a jog, 19 Aug 2020 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Seattle1 I asked if I could share that obit yesterday and was told no. It’s there and silly billy arrived after it was posted, so I will assume it’s now ok to discuss.

Personally, I have researched this a ton. If you follow back parents names with tools such as cluster maps, white pages, and more, you will find marriages that substantiate the name as well.

I don’t know the story. But I can tell it’s quite possible, actually probable it’s true.

I can think of several situations that would allow for him to be called a “son”. Adoption, step-son, or even bio son discovered after the fact. Again, I have no knowledge on those particulars but the probability is strong for the name change.

My belief is that they are indeed one and the same. Thus the reason (quake) was in parenthesis.

He could have been Michael's stepson who was adopted at some point and since he was having his name changed to Lewellyn, took that opportunity to change his first name as well.
I'm very surprised the Obit has not been deleted but glad it helped explain this bizarre situation.

I think my questioning of the name came from the position of QL being an adult (age 25) in 2017 -- long past H.S., when he was being named a grandson in an Obit of a family he may or may not have never known.

However, it follows that JD could have been adopted by ML sometime between 2006, especially if he was in foster care or a boy's home. He would have only been about age 14 then.

Thanks all for the clarification.

I guess we can add one more family of victims after his evil deed.

MOO

Last edited:
Well, I've looked at the Tuckerman High School yearbooks and between 2008 and 2009 a sophomore named Jeremy Davis vanished and a very similar looking junior named Quake Lewellyn appeared.

1598242667045.jpg
Eeeek! :eek:

Makes you wonder if maybe JD was a troubled youth in the foster care system when adopted by the ML family.

Quake was a lifelong nickname, and yes, he changed both names when he was adopted by his stepfather. Some former high school peers of his explained that in the FB group for finding Sydney. I ran across that by accident the other day.

I’ve heard no local mention of his house being searched or vehicle being towed, or any evidence of FBI crawling anywhere. I wonder why we aren’t hearing about that? Surely they’d be searching his house and a warrant would be allowed now? Or too late after charges filed?

It appears that his address on public records is not in this area. The amount of farm land owned by him and his family is 1000s of acres in several counties in that area. The land that is near her home is owned by his father. I don't think it's been said where she was found, but if we just take the news saying he confessed and buried her on his property and we know roads in that area were closed when they found her, then I am assuming she was on the land his family owned or that he worked on in that immediate area. His home address in listed in a different county. I would think they should still search it perhaps there is evidence there on electronics that he stalked her or had communications with her. As for him taking her body to his home, I wouldn't think that would be the case unless he took her and left and then returned and buried her later (which I highly doubt with searches going on in that area nearly around the clock.

Land owner info can be found here by typing in the last name of Lewellyn and leaving the first name and county empty. It will show you all land owned by anyone with the last name Lewellyn in all of Arkansas.

Well, I've looked at the Tuckerman High School yearbooks and between 2008 and 2009 a sophomore named Jeremy Davis vanished and a very similar looking junior named Quake Lewellyn appeared.

1598242667045.jpg

Thank you for posting this.

Eeeek! :eek:

Makes you wonder if maybe JD was a troubled youth in the foster care system when adopted by the ML family.

I don't believe he was ever in foster care, do you have a link for that?

Is Quake a popular name in the U.S? Never heard it before

First time I've ever heard of anyone named that.

No way he's a serial killer. Guys a buffoon he couldn't get away with stealing trash from a garbage dump.

I don't have an opinion yet on whether he has killed before but please don't believe the myth that all serial killers are masterminds. They do learn from mistakes early in their criminal career and so they may become more confident and practiced at what they do, but on the other hand they may become overconfident and make mistakes as well. IMO most of the time they benefit from pure dumb luck.

I think you are correct. It's finally coming together for me. :eek:
I think we need to help you along with this. :)

It’s quite possible that Quake was always his mothers son who married into his now Lewellyn family. I think if you were to look back at marriages that would be found. He was not a product of foster care as far as I can tell.

Hundreds in Jackson County gather for candlelight vigil to remember Sydney Sutherland. | KARK

The vigil was held by the Class of 2014 from Tuckerman High School where Sutherland graduated.

“It’s all about Sydney and remembering her,” said GM, class president.

Hundreds attended the vigil and lit candles in remembrance of Sutherland.

“She was family,” said T.P, who worked with Sutherland. “Her mama was her best friend, her nieces were her world and don’t forget her dogs. Sydney loved her dogs.”

Others talked with us about the legacy Sutherland left behind in Jackson County.

“She didn’t have to have recognition, she didn’t have to be in the front. She didn’t have to be recognized for anything, she was just a silent servant.

The vigil lasted about an hour. One woman we talked to said though Sutherland was only 25, she had more of an impact in a few short years than most do in a lifetime.

“She was a firecracker, she was sassy, she was loving, she was caring, and she was compassionate,” said Sutherland’s friend.

While friends say the future is uncertain, they say Sutherland will never be forgotten.

More@link WS/TOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member