Found Deceased AR - Sydney Sutherland, 25, Jackson Co., went for a jog, 19 Aug 2020 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was ambushed, JMO.
How many women have been ambushed, raped, and killed jogging in the last few years?
Should women be warned? We know about this with our interest in crime but many women are completely innocent to the risks. In fact, my son once offered to teach a form of self defense to women and was thoroughly condemned for "putting the burden on the women" rather than just encouraging men not to rape and murder. It has become a delicate topic. What to do???? (My heart breaks for these girls.) The other politically incorrect aspect is so often they fit the bill for a beautiful woman with a beautiful figure....in other words, what a perverted violent male would associate with his own obscene fantasies fueled frequently by *advertiser censored*. I want them to run in burkas. (Covered head to toe.) Again, I get the politically incorrectness of what I am saying, but the mother in me wants to protect them all. Also, so many smart people on this website with knowledge about crime....any ideas on how to protect women going forward without blaming the victims or terrifying all young women jogging????? Thanks, guys.

What makes that different than any other place where this happens?

What makes it different compared to any other place?

The topic arose when I read that SS's alleged killer participated in the search for SS with the community members, and I commented it would feel like he was taunting the community with his presence when SS was deceased on his property.

OP responded that it's typical if the killer wants to stay in the mix and hear what's going on, some even attend the funeral. I agreed -- but just didn't expect it here (i.e, given the entire size of Jackson County, AR at only about 16k people and 642 sq miles) and the isolated search area where SS was last seen.

I've never been to Jackson County, AR but I understand population density and geometry and think it's fair to say the Jackson community searching for SS are probably on a first-name basis with each other, and the alleged killer would be perceived as being among friends. In my opinion, it would be a very brazen and taunting thing to do-- with blood on your hands.

However, an alleged killer participating in a neighborhood search for a missing man, woman, or child in King County, WA-- with a population of more than 2-Mil and 2300 square miles, it probably would not phase the killer to search a neighborhood because the chance of recognizing even one person or being recognized would be so rare. The killer in attendance at the King County funeral would most likely go unnoticed as well.

Having said that, in my opinion, it's both the size and demographic of Jackson County, AR that makes it different compared to any other place where this could happen.

Jackson County
US county in Arkansas

Description
Jackson County is located in the Arkansas Delta in the U.S. state of Arkansas. The county is named for Andrew Jackson, a national hero during the War of 1812. By the county's formation in 1829, Jackson had become the seventh President of the United States. Wikipedia
Area: 642 mi²
Population: 16,811 (2018)
County seat: Newport
Cities: Newport, Grubbs, Tuckerman, Swifton, Jacksonport, Diaz, Amagon, Beedeville, Campbell Station, Weldon, Tupelo

King County
County in Washington State

Description
King County is a county located in the U.S. state of Washington. The population was 2,252,782 in the 2019 census estimate, making it the most populous county in Washington, and the 12th-most populous in the United States. The county seat is Seattle, also the state's most populous city. Wikipedia

Area: 2,307 mi²
Population: 2.252.782 (2019)
County seat: Seattle
King County is one of three Washington counties that are included in the SeattleTacomaBellevue metropolitan statistical area

Last edited:
I just kind of wanted to check into this thread because I've not been around Websleuths much lately (no real reason) but this case drew me in straight away and saddened me a great deal. I guess I can tell I'm out of practice with sleuthing as I was thinking "oh she'll just have had a medical emergency and stumbled off somewhere" or "maybe she wanted some time out from her life" and was trying not to jump straight to murder, but once again it was a horrific outcome.

RIP SS and thanks for giving me some things to think about in relation to my own personal safety.

Can somebody please provide the link citing capital murder as official charges. I can't find where this has been released -- only booked on a homicide charge. I don't believe this (capital murder) has been read into any record. TIA

VINELink

QUAKE LEWELLYN

Custody Record
Age28
GenderMale

RaceWhite
Ethnicity Non-Hispanic
Date of Birth Jun 20, 1992
ID NumberB6454
Custody Status Date Aug 21, 2020 07:52 PM CDT
Custody StatusIn Custody
Custody Detail Jackson County Jail
Book Date Aug 21, 2020 06:43 PM CDT

Newport, Newport,
Like I said you have to download the rps inmate app and search for it on a mobile device. There's no link.

Welcome to WS @Julo423. Your post needs a WS approved source to corroborate your statement. Please link evidence to support your statement. TIA

I'm not the OP, but this is this is where that seems to have surfaced from.

it was reported on her missing fb page. Let me know if I should delete. Stated he changed his name shortly after highschool.

I'm not the OP, but this is this is where that seems to have surfaced from.
Thanks. I don't see any "AKA" on suspect's booking sheet--he was arrested under his birth name.

Also, I think there are many individuals with Facebook/social media personas that are not legal name changes. MOO

Last edited:
What makes it different compared to any other place?

The topic arose when I read that SS's alleged killer participated in the search for SS with the community members, and I commented it would feel like he was taunting the community with his presence when SS was deceased on his property.

OP responded that it's typical if the killer wants to stay in the mix and hear what's going on, some even attend the funeral. I agreed -- but just didn't expect it here (i.e, given the entire size of Jackson County, AR at only about 16k people and 642 sq miles) and the isolated search area where SS was last seen.

I've never been to Jackson County, AR but I understand population density and geometry and think it's fair to say the Jackson community searching for SS are probably on a first-name basis with each other, and the alleged killer would be perceived as being among friends. In my opinion, it would be a very brazen and taunting thing to do-- with blood on your hands.

However, an alleged killer participating in a neighborhood search for a missing man, woman, or child in King County, WA-- with a population of more than 2-Mil and 2300 square miles, it probably would not phase the killer to search a neighborhood because the chance of recognizing even one person or being recognized would be so rare. The killer in attendance at the King County funeral would most likely go unnoticed as well.

Having said that, in my opinion, it's both the size and demographic of Jackson County, AR that makes it different compared to any other place where this could happen.

Jackson County
US county in Arkansas

Description
Jackson County is located in the Arkansas Delta in the U.S. state of Arkansas. The county is named for Andrew Jackson, a national hero during the War of 1812. By the county's formation in 1829, Jackson had become the seventh President of the United States. Wikipedia
Area: 642 mi²
Population: 16,811 (2018)
County seat: Newport
Cities: Newport, Grubbs, Tuckerman, Swifton, Jacksonport, Diaz, Amagon, Beedeville, Campbell Station, Weldon, Tupelo

King County
County in Washington State

Description
King County is a county located in the U.S. state of Washington. The population was 2,252,782 in the 2019 census estimate, making it the most populous county in Washington, and the 12th-most populous in the United States. The county seat is Seattle, also the state's most populous city. Wikipedia

Area: 2,307 mi²
Population: 2.252.782 (2019)
County seat: Seattle
King County is one of three Washington counties that are included in the SeattleTacomaBellevue metropolitan statistical area

I live in AR a couple of hours from where this happened. I, too, am shocked by his brazenness in participating in the searches. While I have seen it time after time on here I would have never thought that it would happen HERE. But of course, I also never thought this young lady would have lost her life like this either. I’m sure she felt safe in the familiar area close to her home and then this monster came along. I’m having trouble reconciling his evil with the sweet southern people that live here. But, unfortunately evil does walk among us-even in Arkansas. RIP sweet Sydney.

I don’t know if it is true either. Attempting to discover. But I will share this clustermap info which I believe has been used as a source before in the vallow thread so I will use here. One *could* look to see any unexpected names associated. Quake Lewellyn, (870) 217-0332, Newport — Public Records Instantly
Thank you. It's pretty common knowledge locally, so I'm sure a reporter will confirm that fact soon. Also, reading the article published in 2016 when the family won the farming award, one can compare QL's dob with the date of his parents marriage. The name change then makes sense.

I did want to bring up the assault on the female jogger last month. How far from Newport was that?

Agreed...

That assault happened in Jonesboro. 39 miles away. My understanding is that Quake lives in Jonesboro.

Quoting my post about it.

Definitely need to look into others missing in the area.

I saw this posted on Facebook. A female jogger was knocked unconscious in Jonesboro on Monday. I pulled up the report on Jonesboro Police Department spreadsheet. Don’t know if related at all, but should be watched, imho.

What’s interesting also is the time. This time period on the report is 15:19 which would be 3:19 pm. The article says the attack happened shortly before 3pm.

Woman reports attack while running at the park; Other reports released Tuesday and Wednesday by JPD

Public Info — Jonesboro Police Department
20-07828 8/18/20 8/17/20 15:19 Shull, Christopher 614 Forest Park DR
BATTERY - 3RD DEGREE / PURPOSE OF CAUSING INJURY, CAUSES INJURY
Suspect attacked Victim from behind and knocked her unconscious while running in city park on trails

Jonesboro is approx 39 minutes away.

*not trying to derail, just noting. another still missing woman from the area.
AR - AR - Brooke Allensworth, 37, Oil Trough, 12 July 2018

Injuries by vehicle collision are very unique in the matter of bone breakage and soft tissue damage. The ME will be able to determine very quickly whether she was hit with a vehicle or was met with homicidal violence. My prayers continue for her family and loved ones.
Yes, I’ve been hit by a car. I would think my injuries were pretty typical. Broken and dislocated left shoulder, broken pelvis, lacerations requiring stitches on left elbow and forehead and concussion. Various abrasions...blood soaked hair. Plus, I shattered the windshield. But it was a very small vehicle. Thank goodness, because that’s probably why I lived to tell about it. The accident report said vehicle was moving at a constant speed (speed limit was 40 mph).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member