AR - Thomas Naramore, 18 mos, dies in hot car, Hot Springs, 24 July 2015

Knitty

Staff member
Reaction score
According to Hot Springs police no suspects have been named and no arrests have been made. However, KATV is confirming through multiple sources close to the investigation that the victim is 2-year-old Thomas Naramore, the child of Circuit Court Judge Wade Naramore

Small child found dead in hot car

Ambulances were called to Fair Oaks Place, which was blocks away from the Naramore's home. Medical personnel tried to resuscitate the toddler when they found him in the car, but the child did not make it.

2 year old dead in hot car

This is the 11th hot car death this year in the United States.

http://noheatstroke.org/

When do we start prosecuting this for the crime that it is?

When do we start prosecuting this for the crime that it is?

When we have an average of 37 threads per year (from above source) with page after page of posts expressing outrage.

If the adult charged with care of the child was drunk, high, gambling, involved in sex, especially if there are details to be had, they'll be charged. If he/she is a professional and not involved in drinking, drugging, gambling or sex, well, bless their hearts, it could happen to any of us and they've suffered so much already.

When we have an average of 37 threads per year (from above source) with page after page of posts expressing outrage.

If the adult charged with care of the child was drunk, high, gambling, involved in sex, especially if there are details to be had, they'll be charged. If he/she is a professional and not involved in drinking, drugging, gambling or sex, well, bless their hearts, it could happen to any of us and they've suffered so much already.

To me, either this judge was doing something he should not have been doing or he is dumb as a rock and needs to find a new line of work. JMO

I think prosecuting offenders should be mandatory but I don't think it will start with this child. MOO

My hunch is this will be one of the "well, bless their hearts, it could happen to any of us and they've suffered so much already" cases. JMO.

Precious Cargo

How does Precious Cargo work? The Bluetooth mode is set up to be the default mode in the app. Johnston explained, “When you get in your vehicle and your phone is paired with your vehicle’s Bluetooth, your phone pops up and says you are connected to your Bluetooth. Once our app senses that you have connected, you can click on it and do it manually the first time. Then every time you get in your car, the app will automatically pop up.

It asks, 'Are you traveling with precious cargo today?' If you answer 'yes,' there is a space to type who you are traveling with. Once you arrive at your destination and turn the vehicle off, your Bluetooth disconnects from your phone. As soon as the phone loses the connection to the Bluetooth, Precious Cargo automatically populates [with a reminder].”

http://www.healthline.com/health-news/app-reminds-parents-of-kids-in-car-073114

Such a tragedy. I'm so terrified of this happening. I'm an overly anxious and vigilant mother. I'm cautious to the extreme but I'm not about to pretend this couldn't happen to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, I do not accept that claiming "I forgot" relieves one from culpability. If the child had been spotted in the car by someone passing by and they called 911, thankfully the child would be alive BUT the parent/caregiver would also experience legal repercussions:

(BBM)

"When Kim Brooks left her 4-year-old son in her car on a 75-degree day with the windows cracked while she made a quick trip into a store, she had no idea that a passerby would call the police. Her son was alright, but Brooks was charged with contributing to the delinquency of a child and was required to perform public service."

"Earlier this month a New York City fashion designer was accused of leaving her 1-year-old son in a car at a shopping center in Woodbury, New York. A shopper called security officers. According to a CBS 2 report, police said the designer admitted she intentionally left her child alone. She didn't seem to understand the consequences of what she had done, until her son was temporarily turned over to Child Protective Services. The boy was unharmed, but if convicted of endangering the welfare of a child, the designer could face up to one year in prison."

http://www.healthline.com/health-news/app-reminds-parents-of-kids-in-car-073114

The standard for prosecuting or not prosecuting shouldn't be dependent upon whether the child lives or not and, as we see in case-after-case, a parent fares far better legally if/when the child actually dies - this is wrong on so many levels!

MO ~

Here's an app that has been available since 2012. I don't even have little ones at home anymore - mine are all adults now - and yet, I'm concerned about this (apparently more than a lot of current parenting parents...) enough to take the time to [easily] navigate the internet and find solutions that are out there and available to prevent this type of horrific tragedy from happening - a tragedy many claim to be fearful of happening to them, lest they be judged... really? It doesn't have to happen IF you don't want it to!

App reminds parents of kids in hot car
(Posted: Jul 25, 2012 8:58 PM EDT)

"You can now download an app for your iPhone or iPad, called Baby Reminder, that literally goes off like an alarm to remind you that there's a child in your back seat. Some feel this is a useful tool, where others feel it's sad that parents need a reminder not to forget their children.

Rescue officials said there's no substitute to responsible parenting, but they don't necessarily have a problem with parents using an app such as this one as a supplemental tool.

"If a parent is finding that it's a useful application, certainly we agree with them using it. But not just to rely on that one application, use several tools to remind yourself," added Smith."

http://www.kpho.com/story/19115504/new-app-reminds-parents-not-to-forget-kids-in-a-hot-car

Did I miss where it said the Judge was the one responsible for leaving his child in the car, or does it just say the Judge is the father of this baby?

Make arrangements with your your childcare provider to call you if the child does not show up for care as expected at the expectant time.

Make a habit of looking in the vehicle - front and back - before locking the door and leaving.

*As I said, my kids are all adults now but, I guess out of of habit, still check the back of my vehicle before leaving and locking up.

Put your cell phone, purse or briefcase in the back seat as a reminder to ensure no child is accidentally left in the vehicle.

There are enough preventative measures available that, if used, parents can avoid killing their child.

(BBM)

Hot Springs Police say they got the call and responded to the residential area in the 100 block of Fairoaks Lane just after three Friday (7/24) afternoon.

We're told neighbors were involved in trying to help when the father of the child asked.

Police had the newer model Toyota sedan with it's door still open surrounded with police tape all afternoon and after dark.

Police released very little information into the circumstances of what led up to this but neighbors shared what they discovered after they say the father of the child had asked for help.

"[The father] had driven home, left the baby in the car, forgot the baby was in the car for about four hours and I guess when he realized he went out to the car," Donny Lodan explained. "I think we're all ... in shock that you just -- everybody always says this -- but you never really expected to happen ... two doors down."

After the father went to the car we're told he drove to a neighbors house for help. That's where police responded.

http://m.arkansasmatters.com/display/11866/story/274d128286dd759dd0301f463be7f2c4

How do you forget the child is in the car when you arrive at the home? I understand forgetting the child while at work, thinking the child was dropped off at day care (and I still think these people should be charged). But how do you forget the child when you arrive home? Where do you think the child is?

My hunch is this will be one of the "well, bless their hearts, it could happen to any of us and they've suffered so much already" cases. JMO.

Exactly.

I wonder if that only works with their own kids. Would that work if somebody forgets their neighbor's child?

I think it is horrible, the loss of this child. The fact that a parent contributed/caused/was negligent and allowed this to happen undoubtedly compounds the tragedy. I am lucky all of our kids are big enough that this isn't a possibility but when our youngest was born we were so exhausted I was terrified this would happen. My DH was the dropper-offer and day 1 going to daycare with the youngest I called daycare and instructed them that if he was ever not present (and they hadn't heard from us) by 8:30 am they were to
call me. Plus I would text him every morning and ask how the drop off went. But my heart was in my throat every day until I heard from him.

(BBM)

Hot Springs Police say they got the call and responded to the residential area in the 100 block of Fairoaks Lane just after three Friday (7/24) afternoon.

We're told neighbors were involved in trying to help when the father of the child asked.

Police had the newer model Toyota sedan with it's door still open surrounded with police tape all afternoon and after dark.

Police released very little information into the circumstances of what led up to this but neighbors shared what they discovered after they say the father of the child had asked for help.

"[The father] had driven home, left the baby in the car, forgot the baby was in the car for about four hours and I guess when he realized he went out to the car," Donny Lodan explained. "I think we're all ... in shock that you just -- everybody always says this -- but you never really expected to happen ... two doors down."

After the father went to the car we're told he drove to a neighbors house for help. That's where police responded.

http://m.arkansasmatters.com/display/11866/story/274d128286dd759dd0301f463be7f2c4

:seeya: Thank you

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back