AR - Thomas Naramore, 18 mos, dies in hot car, Hot Springs, 24 July 2015

I'm not saying you should live in la-la land and I am not defending this judge's actions. I'm just pointing out that despite your denial you did act as if something you made up was a fact. I'm cynical too, but I'm not going to tell anyone what happened when I don't know.

Do you know for a fact he was doing drugs and/or having sex with someone other than his wife?

If I did not post a link, then it was just speculation, scenarios, throwing out theories, whatever you want to call it. Most posts on this entire site are opinions and possible scenarios until the case is solved. Mine was no different. But it got treated very differently for whatever reason. People are just people with the same weaknesses and problems as anybody no matter how nice their house is or how esteemed they may be in th heir community.

Bound for work one morning my DH (now ex-, may he R.I.P.), went out to the garage with his large mug of hot tea. He placed the mug, temporarily, on the vehicle's roof while he opened the car door. I must tell you that this particular mug had become a keepsake, as it was one of a pair given to us by my DF before he died. Ex-DH very much admired my "Dear Old Dad" (as my father referred to himself -- yes, he was quite a character!), and each morning he would drink his morning tea from the mug, without fail. DDH (now dumb DH) got into his vehicle, backed out of the garage and onto the street. He then proceeded down the road, the mug filled with tea still perched atop the roof of his blue Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special, until he came to a stop sign. Applying the brakes a bit too abruptly (as male drivers are wont to do), the mug catapulted off the roof before hitting the ground and shattering to pieces. Oblivious to the unfortunate accident, he proceeded on his way. He reached for his tea, but it was not in the cup holder. Cursing his absent-mindedness under his breath, he thought nothing more of it, as he figured that he had left it on the kitchen counter.

Of course, he later realized that his mug was missing and began reflecting on the days' events. DH recalled being honked at that morning by a driver to his left, who was waiting at the stop sign (scene of the catastrophe), as DH had the right-of-way. At the time, DH had muttered a few expletives, wondering why people were always so rude, as he continued through the intersection. It later dawned on him that the driver was only trying to signal to him that something was amiss. (That DH didn't "get it", does not surprise me.)

My point is that as forgetful as DH appears with this tea incident, he never once forgot our son in his vehicle. I really don't know how somebody can do this. But sadly it happens.

Bound for work one morning my DH (now ex-, may he R.I.P.), went out to the garage with his large mug of hot tea. He placed the mug, temporarily, on the vehicle's roof while he opened the car door. I must tell you that this particular mug had become a keepsake, as it was one of a pair given to us by my DF before he died. Ex-DH very much admired my "Dear Old Dad" (as my father referred to himself -- yes, he was quite a character!), and each morning he would drink his morning tea from the mug, without fail. DDH (now dumb DH) got into his vehicle, backed out of the garage and onto the street. He then proceeded down the road, the mug filled with tea still perched atop the roof of his blue Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special, until he came to a stop sign. Applying the brakes a bit too abruptly (as male drivers are wont to do), the mug catapulted off the roof before hitting the ground and shattering to pieces. Oblivious to the unfortunate accident, he proceeded on his way. He reached for his tea, but it was not in the cup holder. Cursing his absent-mindedness under his breath, he thought nothing more of it, as he figured that he had left it on the kitchen counter.

Of course, he later realized that his mug was missing and began reflecting on the days' events. DH recalled being honked at that morning by a driver to his left, who was waiting at the stop sign (scene of the catastrophe), as DH had the right-of-way. At the time, DH had muttered a few expletives, wondering why people were always so rude, as he continued through the intersection. It later dawned on him that the driver was only trying to signal to him that something was amiss. (That DH didn't "get it", does not surprise me.)

My point is that as forgetful as DH appears with this tea incident, he never once forgot our son in his vehicle. I really don't know how somebody can do this. But sadly it happens.

Lol, my iPhone, iPad and daily planner (with confidential documents tucked inside) have met the same fate on top of my car (never did find that damn planner! :(), but I never forgot my most precious "cargo" either. Even with a ditz like me for a mom, somehow they made it to the ripe old ages of 15 and 21 without being cooked alive. I'm guessing that no news is good news for the judge. Sounds like sympathy from the community is on his side, and the only people concerned about his "forgetfulness" are us horrible shrill harpies over here on WS! :rolleyes:

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public...et_al_v_New_York_Life_Insurance_Company_et_al

I never understand this legal stuff. It appears a few days after the loss of his son, Judge Naramore and his sister filed a petition against a life insurance company, and his mother. Possibly this is regarding his father, but again, I have no understanding of these things.

I have immense sympathy for that adorable baby, and the entire family. I am withholding judgement until if and when the facts are released. There have been several scenarios, one that would mean a terrible miscommunication between Mom and Dad (if Mom put the baby in the car and thought Dad knew). Even in the cooler hours of the morning, I still cannot fathom strapping my baby in a closed vehicle and driving off. With the statement from the daycare worker that the baby was absent the entire day, this scenario would be the most likely. It wouldn't match the timeline of four hours in the vehicle, if the baby was discovered at 3:00, though. Of course, I haven't read anything about the time he was placed in the car. It just seems that if husband and wife were off to work, it would be early in the morning for her to head off for an out-of-town meeting, and for him to have morning court proceedings.

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public...et_al_v_New_York_Life_Insurance_Company_et_al

I never understand this legal stuff. It appears a few days after the loss of his son, Judge Naramore and his sister filed a petition against a life insurance company, and his mother. Possibly this is regarding his father, but again, I have no understanding of these things.

I have immense sympathy for that adorable baby, and the entire family. I am withholding judgement until if and when the facts are released. There have been several scenarios, one that would mean a terrible miscommunication between Mom and Dad (if Mom put the baby in the car and thought Dad knew). Even in the cooler hours of the morning, I still cannot fathom strapping my baby in a closed vehicle and driving off. With the statement from the daycare worker that the baby was absent the entire day, this scenario would be the most likely. It wouldn't match the timeline of four hours in the vehicle, if the baby was discovered at 3:00, though. Of course, I haven't read anything about the time he was placed in the car. It just seems that if husband and wife were off to work, it would be early in the morning for her to head off for an out-of-town meeting, and for him to have morning court proceedings.

The primary excuse locals have offered for the judge is that he was disoriented with grief over the death of his father several weeks prior. Wondering how he wasn't just as disoriented after the death of his son. Looks like he was able to get on with "business as usual" within days.

The primary excuse locals have offered for the judge is that he was disoriented with grief over the death of his father several weeks prior. Wondering how he wasn't just as disoriented after the death of his son. Looks like he was able to get on with "business as usual" within days.

I thought it was a bit soon, also. I did notice now that the 3rd person party does share the same last name, but is not his Mother.

Marci Manley ‏@Marci_Manley [video=twitter;697827628410150912]https://twitter.com/Marci_Manley/status/697827628410150912[/video]
Warrant affidavit: Naramore failed to drop toddler off at daycare. Child spent day in vehicle as judge heard cases.

Amazing...another dad who stopped for breakfast with his child, went to work, and then drove around with the deceased child in the car. This guy drove all over the place! I don't understand how you don't smell or "sense" something. I think if someone hid a dead rat in my backseat I would sense something was in there even before it started to smell, much less my own beloved flesh and blood.

I just found this thread so maybe what I post has already been discussed. I heard he was with his mistress that day. So "running errands" could have been spending time with her. I trust my source, but can't divulge. However it happened a child suffered and died. Also, he will not have a trial. I picked up on something that was said by someone being interviewed on TV. I think they already have a plea arranged. Obviously he's not going to jail so give him community service and a fine. He can do so much free legal work. What good would a trial be if the prosecutor isn't into going for it anyway? He said on the 911 recording something about being there too long or something similar. I just have a gut feeling about this one, but definitely feel we will never hear the truth. I think he'll step down as judge. It's an elected position so he can't just be fired.

Other than "Sweet baby was left in car in the heat all by himself" I'm not buying any of this.

JMO.

I didn't buy it either. And as it turns out the story was bogus. He stopped for breakfast with the kid, so circumstances were nothing like claimed in that story by whoever that was that posted it.

Amazing...another dad who stopped for breakfast with his child, went to work, and then drove around with the deceased child in the car. This guy drove all over the place! I don't understand how you don't smell or "sense" something. I think if someone hid a dead rat in my backseat I would sense something was in there even before it started to smell, much less my own beloved flesh and blood.

But unlike the other dude, the judge is only charged with a misdemeanor.

"Much like a police officer involved in a shooting, they would suspend with pay until we found out if the shooting was justified. This is the same thing,” said David J. Sacher, executive director of the Judicial Discipline and Disability Commission.

Sachar said they are seeking an interim suspension of Judge Naramore, which includes full pay and benefits.

“That's the only remedy. It's administrative, its done to protect the public for a judge who might be distracted while they're going through something difficult like being charged with crime,” said Sachar.

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loc...2/11/whats-next-judge-wade-naramore/80272076/

I can't believe he compared it to LE shooting someone... What a bad, bad, bad analogy.

http://www.fox16.com/news/local-news/judge-naramore-charged-in-hot-car-death

IIRC, the child was in the hot car in front of the house while the father was in his house "napping" for some amount of hours. When he found his dead son, he drove to a friend's house with the boy still deceased in the car. And it was a Sunday. Maybe I am not recalling details properly. I have checked multiple times, waiting for this judge to receive the same treatment as us mere mortals. A misdemeanor kind of surprises me, but I guess it is a form of justice.

IIRC, the child was in the hot car in front of the house while the father was in his house "napping" for some amount of hours. When he found his dead son, he drove to a friend's house with the boy still deceased in the car. And it was a Sunday. Maybe I am not recalling details properly. I have checked multiple times, waiting for this judge to receive the same treatment as us mere mortals. A misdemeanor kind of surprises me, but I guess it is a form of justice.

You have a few things mixed up.

The incident occurred on July 24, 2015 which was a Friday, not Sunday.

Also, he did not "drive to a friends house". He was leaving his house to go pick up his son at daycare. He was still in his neighborhood, really just around the corner from his own house, when he realized the baby was still in the car. He stopped his car, pretty much in the middle of the road and removed the child from the car and called 911. The neighbor's dog was barking and that alerted the man to look outside, where he found the judge sitting in his yard holding the child. He then had the judge come inside (with the baby) and wait for first responders to arrive.

Here's an interview with said neighbor. http://katv.com/news/local/exclusive-neighbor-who-helped-judge-naramore-speaks If you watch the video in this story, you can see the car just sitting in the street (it's the maroon car with the door open). So, while he wound up at the neighbors house, he didn't intentionally drive to a friend's house. It looks to me like when he realized what had happened, he just stopped the car in the road, jerked the baby out of the car seat and in a panic, sat in the neighbors yard and tried to summon some type of help. Sadly it was too late. :(

The arrest warrant can be read here: http://circuit051.courtconnect.net/...t?DMS_ID=3505200c-6340-478b-b76a-3bc2a250b9bc

I believe that there were a lot of speculative accounts of what might have happened--including time spent with a girlfriend.

I don't know that there is a particular pattern of response to similar incidents. Essentially they tend to boil down to neglect without any indication of intent to do harm. And they always seem to sit the fence of being deemed accidental. The personal ramifications are severe (living a lifetime of knowing that one's actions resulted in the death of one's own child; damage to trust within the marriage, loss of respect within a community, etc) and unavoidable. Frankly, I tend to believe that no justice is ever possible through our human courts that can respond to such situations.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back