AR - Thomas Naramore, 18 mos, dies in hot car, Hot Springs, 24 July 2015

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loc...2/11/whats-next-judge-wade-naramore/80272076/

I can't believe he compared it to LE shooting someone... What a bad, bad, bad analogy.

I believe the comparison was apt, although there are others. An employee is accused of something sufficiently serious to warrant removal from a position if true. Pending due process the employee is removed from their position. Suspension with pay (or administrative leave) is simply the quickest way to get there as it requires no due process nor any implications of guilt. Many people think that if the allegations are of a very serious nature that the employee should be suspended without pay. I think that this gets into some murky waters of bypassing due process and operating on an assumption of guilt.

So, as far as the story goes, he drove twice with the dead body in the car. First time from work to his home, second time from home to daycare (when he finally realized his son was dead in the car). How do you not notice a dead child in the car? One would think the smell alone would give anyone a clue.

I just found this thread so maybe what I post has already been discussed. I heard he was with his mistress that day. So "running errands" could have been spending time with her. I trust my source, but can't divulge. However it happened a child suffered and died. Also, he will not have a trial. I picked up on something that was said by someone being interviewed on TV. I think they already have a plea arranged. Obviously he's not going to jail so give him community service and a fine. He can do so much free legal work. What good would a trial be if the prosecutor isn't into going for it anyway? He said on the 911 recording something about being there too long or something similar. I just have a gut feeling about this one, but definitely feel we will never hear the truth. I think he'll step down as judge. It's an elected position so he can't just be fired.

I tend to believe this scenario although since he is a judge his private life will be protected and those of us who are interested in what causes a supposedly devoted father to forget he is a parent and leave his baby to die an agonizing death will be branded as monstrous, unfeeling, nosy ghouls. Nevertheless, I do agree with your proposal for punishment. Make him use his skills to help people (just not other parents who forget their children in cars, please!).

Eta, I also heard him say something about the baby being in there "too long" on the 911 tape. That indicates to me that he intended to leave the child in the car for at least a while. Why else would you say that?

It will be interesting to see if the wife files for divorce or stands by her man.

The arrest warrant said the little boy died 7/23/15 and the father wasn't interviewed by police until November, at which time he conveniently supplied information about praying with his son, then going to breakfast at McDonalds (out of his routine) and worrying about a court case (stressed) which are conveniently the typical factors involved in an accidental hot car case.

I don't necessarily think he did it on purpose but I don't believe his report of events. I really don't understand how there can be a dead child in a car for hours, deceased to the point of lividity setting in, and there's no noticeable odor when be got inside? How is that possible??

The arrest warrant said the little boy died 7/23/15 and the father wasn't interviewed by police until November, at which time he conveniently supplied information about praying with his son, then going to breakfast at McDonalds (out of his routine) and worrying about a court case (stressed) which are conveniently the typical factors involved in an accidental hot car case.

I don't necessarily think he did it on purpose but I don't believe his report of events. I really don't understand how there can be a dead child in a car for hours, deceased to the point of lividity setting in, and there's no noticeable odor when be got inside? How is that possible??

I don't understand it either, but he's not the first. I hope none of these guys ever try to complain about the smell of their wives' perfume or cooking! I'm not trying to make light of this horrible situation but obviously these guys either CAN'T smell or they expect everyone to BELIEVE that they can't.

I don't understand it either, but he's not the first. I hope none of these guys ever try to complain about the smell of their wives' perfume or cooking! I'm not trying to make light of this horrible situation but obviously these guys either CAN'T smell or they expect everyone to BELIEVE that they can't.

I find it very fishy. He drove twice with the dead body in the car, as far as the story goes. First time from work to home, and he doesn't notice anything? Didn't see a body in the car seat, didn't smell the dead body, until the second time he drove?

Why wasn't he interviewed until months after the fact?

He should have been interviewed right away... And then if there was any sign of premeditation his home could have been raided, like they did with Ross Harris.

From the Probable Cause Affadavit:
On 11/23/15 Wade Naramore came into the Hot Springs Police Department with his attorney Patrick Benca. Post Miranda, Naramore said, on 7/24/15, while driving to work, at approximately 0815 hours, he and Thomas said their morning prayers. He stopped at McDonalds for breakfast, which was out of the ordinary because he usually prepared breakfast at home. He said he also had a court case on this day he was worried about. He said he went to work as he does each day. He got off work early, ran some errands, and went home. On the afternoon of 7/24/15 he was leaving his residence to go pick Thomas up from daycare. As he turned a corner he heard a noise in the rear of his car which caused him to turn around. As he turned around he noticed Thomas was in his car seat and he had not been dropped off at daycare. He said he immediately stopped the car, got Thomas out of his car seat, and called for help.

It also says at the time the officers arrived, the temp was "97.0F and 98.1F with a heat index ranging from "104.8F to 106.5F" and that Thomas had signs of lividity in his lower extremities.

I just don't understand how he could have been in and out of the car numerous times without noticing before then.

From the Probable Cause Affadavit:

It also says at the time the officers arrived, the temp was "97.0F and 98.1F with a heat index ranging from "104.8F to 106.5F" and that Thomas had signs of lividity in his lower extremities.

I just don't understand how he could have been in and out of the car numerous times without noticing before then.

If they were "saying their morning prayers" in the car, then obviously Thomas was awake. How did dad forget about him? I wonder if they got out of the car or drove through for breakfast.

My job is stressful too, but I wish it were the type of stressful where I could leave the house at 8:15 with only one kid to drop off, have time to stop for breakfast, get off work early, and go home and take a nap! (Not that I believe that's what he was doing.) I realize that professionals earn and have the right to use time off, but this PARTICULAR day in the life of the judge doesn't sound like it was hectic enough to justify a fatal case of child neglect.

If they were "saying their morning prayers" in the car, then obviously Thomas was awake. How did dad forget about him? I wonder if they got out of the car or drove through for breakfast.

My job is stressful too, but I wish it were the type of stressful where I could leave the house at 8:15 with only one kid to drop off, have time to stop for breakfast, get off work early, and go home and take a nap! (Not that I believe that's what he was doing.) I realize that professionals earn and have the right to use time off, but this PARTICULAR day in the life of the judge doesn't sound like it was hectic enough to justify a fatal case of child neglect.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here or not...or if it even makes any difference....but Naramore's father had just died a few weeks prior to this incident. We keep mentioning him being under stress, so I figured it was worth mentioning.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here or not...or if it even makes any difference....but Naramore's father had just died a few weeks prior to this incident. We keep mentioning him being under stress, so I figured it was worth mentioning.

It has been discussed, I think back around post #124 in this thread. His father died well over a month before the incident. Even if they were very close, I would think things would be starting to get back to normal for the judge and he would be starting to be able to focus on his own parental responsibilities again, but I don't know. Everyone handles stress differently, I suppose. It certainly seems like his employer was accommodating his personal and family issues, what with the afternoon off to run errands and take a nap. There are just a lot of things about this case that make me uncomfortable giving the judge a pass.

It has been discussed, I think back around post #124 in this thread. His father died well over a month before the incident. Even if they were very close, I would think things would be starting to get back to normal for the judge and he would be starting to be able to focus on his own parental responsibilities again, but I don't know. Everyone handles stress differently, I suppose. It certainly seems like his employer was accommodating his personal and family issues, what with the afternoon off to run errands and take a nap. There are just a lot of things about this case that make me uncomfortable giving the judge a pass.
Do they normally work or have court on Friday afternoons? Honest question, because I don't know.

I do know that certain professions tend to not work on fridays. My daughter was friends with the kids of 3 dentists and 1 orthodontist. Not a single one of them worked on Friday. That was their normal weekly routine.

Anyone know about garland co judges? Is it normal to work half days sometimes?

I wonder what he meant by he was in there too long. Someone mentioned that in a post and I caught that as well. That would tend to make me think he left Thomas in the car intentionally, but didn't get back to him in time. Regarding the smell...even if he didn't smell decomposition yet on his "errands" there would be feces and urine odors which would be especially strong in a hot car. I think this is all fishy and a coverup. Yes, he's got to live with this the rest of his life just like anyone else would have to do; that doesn't give him a pass on telling the truth. Still, I say, let's see the receipts from his errands or video from his visit to McDonald's and other places.

Do they normally work or have court on Friday afternoons? Honest question, because I don't know.

I do know that certain professions tend to not work on fridays. My daughter was friends with the kids of 3 dentists and 1 orthodontist. Not a single one of them worked on Friday. That was their normal weekly routine.

Anyone know about garland co judges? Is it normal to work half days sometimes?

Could be. I can see the court not wanting to hear any cases on Fridays.

I wonder what he meant by he was in there too long. Someone mentioned that in a post and I caught that as well. That would tend to make me think he left Thomas in the car intentionally, but didn't get back to him in time. Regarding the smell...even if he didn't smell decomposition yet on his "errands" there would be feces and urine odors which would be especially strong in a hot car. I think this is all fishy and a coverup. Yes, he's got to live with this the rest of his life just like anyone else would have to do; that doesn't give him a pass on telling the truth. Still, I say, let's see the receipts from his errands or video from his visit to McDonald's and other places.

I believe he actually says "HE stayed too long," which is an absolutely bizarre thing to say as it makes it sound voluntary on the part of the child. My hearing isn't so good, though, and the 911 operator is talking over him, so Idk. Maybe he says "I stayed too long." Either way it's a strange way of wording things.

I feel for anyone that accidentally kills their own child, but there are consequences to prioritizing too many things ahead of your children.

Here's something else a little odd....According to this article, Naramore called 911 at approximately 3:10 PM and told police Thomas had been in the car for about 5 hours:
http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlo...e-wade-naramore-in-connection-with-sons-death

That would mean that he had been placed in the car around 10 AM. But in the police report (also shown in the above article), Naramore stated that he and Thomas were driving to work and saying their prayers at 8:15 AM. Does it take him 2 hours to get to work, or was he running errands before work? Depending on how far his work is from their home, it seems like at least an hour is missing somewhere. If Thomas was only in the car for 5 hours, where was he between approximately 8:15 and 10:10 AM?

All I can find and recall about this case from the first 3 pages of this thread is that the Judge was in his home while his son was in the car seat in the car in the driveway. When he discovered his son in the car, he drove to the house of a friend for help. I do not recall anyone reporting the Judge made a 911 call.

All I can find and recall about this case from the first 3 pages of this thread is that the Judge was in his home while his son was in the car seat in the car in the driveway. When he discovered his son in the car, he drove to the house of a friend for help. I do not recall anyone reporting the Judge made a 911 call.
You are recalling a lot of assumptions that were made at the time. The 911 tapes have since been released and read my post a bit upthread regarding "driving to a friend's house".

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back