AR AR - Timothy Stone, 17, Chidester, 23 Sept 2003

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by NSC, Feb 18, 2009.

1. NSC

NSC Former Member

Links:
    http://westchasekennels.com/html/timothy_stone.htm

http://www.timothystonefamily.com/html/news_articles.html

Discussion on the case:

http://www.carlabaron.net/forum/showthread.php?t=179

Written by Timothy Stone's Mother Courtest of her memorial : http://westchasekennels.com/html/timothy_stone.htm

Another link on the Timothy Stone Website Displays a letter written by the Private Investigator on this case:

http://www.timothystonefamily.com/html/news_articles.html

2. Loading...

3. STEADFAST

STEADFAST New Member

Any ideas on where we should go from here? Seems like a lot of avenues to explore, but not sure info is going to be forthcoming from anyone outside of Timothy's family.

4. IrishSweetOne

IrishSweetOne New Member

Maybe invite Tim's mom to join us ??

5. glezell

glezell New Member

Did they ever get the autopsy done? I think we need his mom to tell us where it stands now. I know the website said nothing new as of october???

6. glezell

glezell New Member

7. NSC

NSC Former Member

I tried to get in touch with his mother. Have not heard back yet. It says in something I read she now lives in Houston. The thing is, I don't see much since 2006 - kinda like things were moving forward and then they stopped cold!!! I am going to sign up and try to get in touch with some of the posters on that other board to see if we can get in some updated info.

Last, I have all the "players" names and info. It all tied into the Dominick Arceneaux case, if this isn't creepy that some of the same people were allegedly intertwined. However, from reading one post by the mother, they didn't want those names on the message board but they did quote assumed "fake" names. However, they were sooo fake. See where I am going with this???

8. NSC

NSC Former Member

Still haven't heard back yet :(

9. amber_lynn_2005

amber_lynn_2005 New Member

I think they did exhume his body but I don't ever remember hearing any results!

10. amber_lynn_2005

Private Investigator Releases Murder Case Details
    Filed under: Press Releases— site admin @ 4:09 am
    Townsend Investigations
    6/6/2005 8:14:05 PM

The night Timothy Stone was killed; many anomalies are observed in the official reports that cry out for hard justice.

Evidence collected thus far by Susan Townsend, the private investigator hired by the family, confirms that Timothy Stone was murdered on September 23rd, 2003 in Chidester, AR while traveling on Hwy 57.

Prior to Tim’s death, Tim and his grandfather made several complaints to law enforcement that Tim had been threatened. When he was killed only days later, officers treated this incident as little more than a mere traffic accident. A critical piece of evidence - Tim’s car - was removed from the crime scene to a privately owned impound yard. This fueled a series of events that only added to more destruction and contamination of said evidence, and severely compromised any viable case for the prosecution.

Richard Milner, appointed Deputy Coroner, has recently changed the official manner of death in Tim Stone’s case from “accidental” to “undetermined.” Mr. Milner has stated profusely that he had been “uncomfortable with the ruling from day one,” but felt pressured by other officials to stand down.

Valuable Polaroid photographs taken at the crime scene by the Sheriff somehow mysteriously “disappeared,” only to miraculously “reappear” just a few weeks ago.

More than twenty witnesses have come forward to offer statements in the weeks following Timothy Stone’s death. These statements were video and/or audio taped by Townsend Investigations. Copies of materials were forwarded to the appropriate state and local authorities; however, these officials refuse to make the necessary arrests commensurate with these findings. Even Prosecutor Jamie Pratt indicated that “…. from what I’ve heard and what I’ve seen, we [State] are going to pursue this.”

The inconsistencies in this case are staggering. At the very least we can prove incompetence, mishandling of evidence in a crime, and gross negligence by authorities handling the case.

Townsend Investigations have isolated and identified two main suspects. Both of these perpetrators have established criminal histories, including grand theft, larceny, gun theft, and drug abuse.

With the family’s permission, we are now releasing pertinent details of the Timothy Stone case file to all members of the press and television media.

*Story contributed in part by John G. Tarsikes, Jr. – a retired police detective and private investigator.

http://www.pihub.org/PI-press-releases/

11. NSC

NSC Former Member

Al, glad to see you in here! I tried to get in touch VIA with Timothy's mother but have not heard back. There was all this info and then it stops dead. Anyway you might be able to check into it??

12. amber_lynn_2005

I can try. I'm not too sure where she is now, haven't heard from her in a longggg time.

13. NSC

NSC Former Member

That would be great. I hope Timothy's mother is okay. Seems strange she was all over the message boards and then info comes to a sudden stop. We would love to have her here with us on WS to give her support or help her with whatever we possibly can!

14. tezi

tezi Member of Websleuths since 2000.

When Court TV was Court TV, one of the psychic detective shows came to Ouachita County and did a "reading" (I guess that would be the correct word for it). Anyway, the consensus was that Tim was indeed murdered. I have an article somewhere that goes into detail about it.

15. IrishSweetOne

IrishSweetOne New Member

NSC I just came across his Obit while reading Dominick's . Grandparents are listed as living in Chidester maybe they could shed some light . Tim was living with them at the time o his death , they would also be able to put you in direct contact with Mom.

16. IrishSweetOne

IrishSweetOne New Member

Timothy Alan Stone
    Timothy Alan Stone, age 17, of Chidester, AR died in an automobile accident Tuesday evening September 23, 2003. Tim was a fun-loving young man who enjoyed socializing with his friends, hunting and fishing. He obtained his certificate of baptism from Bradley Baptist Church, Bradley, AR. He was deeply loved and will be truly missed.

His survivors include his mother and step-father Renata and Santiago Balleza, his siblings Chris and Lucretia Stone of Houston, TX, his father, Harold Stone of Little Rock, AR and his grandparents, Marvin and Betty Isom of Chidester, AR and Don Smallmon of Jonesboro, AR. He is also survived by many close friends and family members.

Funeral services will be Friday at 2:00 p.m. at Grace Baptist Church with burial in Bell Chapel Cemetery. Visitation will be Thursday from 6-8 p.m. at Proctor Funeral Home. To sign the on-line guest registry visit www.proctorfuneralhome.com.
    Share photos, videos and more with Legacy Memorial Websites. Find out more.

17. amber_lynn_2005

Mr. Marvin moved to Little Rock I believe and Mrs. Isom died soon after Tim. She was already having some troubles and was in a bad way.....after Tim she went downhill. The email I had for Renata doesn't work anymore. So I can search for them.

18. amber_lynn_2005

Ouachita County Teen's Body Exhumed For Autopsy Updated 4 years ago

The family of Timothy Stone believes his death may have been murder, not a traffic accident. An autopsy will be conducted as the search for answers in the case continues.
    In Camden, a teenager's body was exhumed Wednesday as his family questions whether he really was killed in a traffic accident two years ago.

"I don't know exactly what happened. All I can do is speculation, but it certinly didn't happen the way it states in the initial police reports," says Renata Balleza, Timothy Stone's mother.

Stone's body was sent to the state Crime Laboratory in Little Rock for an autopsy. His family believes the boy, who was 17 when he died, may have been beaten before or after the September 23rd, 2003, car accident near Chidester.

The family has hired a private investigator to help find answers in the case. "It leads me to believe that it wasn't an accident, he might not have been ejected from the vehicle, but taken from the vehicle and I think that's what the autopsy, I'm hoping, if he was embalmed properly, will show that the injuries he sustained were not consistent," says investigator Susan Townsend (We obscured Townsend's identity in the video at her request).

Townsend also questions why the coroner's office didn't request a full autopsy immediately after the accident.

Balleza believes her son's car was forced off Highway 57. She said her son had an altercation with someone earlier that day.

Dennis Duran, State police investigator, was on hand as workers removed the teenager's casket from its grave at Bell's Chapel Cemetery. They'll be looking into the case again as the autopsy results come back.

"There are some indications from rumors first one thing and another that indicate that there might be something more than a motor vehicle accident involved here. To this point I haven't proved one way or another or developed enough informtion to have a real feeling about it," says Duran.

Ouachita County Deputy Coroner Richard Milner was also present at the exhumation. Milner first ruled Stone's death an accident, but changed the ruling this year to undetermined. Ouachita County Prosecutor Jamie Pratt agreed to the exhumation and autopsy.

Stone's family has agreed to pay the costs of the exhumation and transporting the body to Little Rock.

Today's THV & The Associated Press

http://www.todaysthv.com/includes/tools/print.aspx?storyid=18272

I'm still trying to find the results to the autopsy and I think I found a few more email address I can try.

19. STEADFAST

STEADFAST New Member

So, does anyone know the results of the autopsy or how to find the results?

20. NSC

NSC Former Member

No :( Haven't heard anything on the autopsy!!

21. amber_lynn_2005

"While driving down Highway 57, just outside Chidester, Ouachita County, Arkansas, Timothy’s car left the roadway and struck a tree. It was said to have overturned three times, ejecting Timothy - but photos, autopsy reports, and psychic Carla Baron would indicate otherwise."
    http://www.xsbusiness.com/LocalPR/Timothy-Stone-Murder-Case.htm

Wouldn't this mean that the autopsy report supported the murder theory? But no sorry I still can't find an article or anything on the autopsy....If I can ever get a day of nothing but down time (probably after the semester) if we haven't found it out by then, I'll go to my mom's and dig through my old articles because I kept everything on Tim. I just hope when my mom took stuff to the shed she didn't throw stuff away!