Found Deceased AR - Wanda Gill, 54, Mount Ida, 25 Apr 2018

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
54 year old Wanda Gill had just moved to Montgomery County with her husband Joe, when she went missing back in April.

"Her employer called me and wanted me to do a welfare check, because they hadn't been able to reach [Wanda] and she hasn't been back to pick up her last paycheck," said Sheriff David White.

White made contact with Joe Gill in May at the campground where the couple lived. He claimed he and his wife had a fight and she took off with his $9,000.

"I found out her tags had been renewed on her vehicle on July 6th," he explained. "The same day I started looking into this."

A few days later, Wanda's Toyota RAV4 was spotted at a farm nearly 200 miles away in Desha County. The next day, July 13th, authorities tracked down the car and Wanda's husband and son at a Chicot County motel.

When White knocked on the motel room door, the Gills' adult son Hunter opened the door. As soon as he asked where Joe was, a gunshot echoed from the bathroom.

Joe Gill took his own life, and with him he took any hint of where Wanda could be.

Hunter Gill was later interviewed but released by investigators

KARK EXCLUSIVE: Mount Ida Man Commits Suicide when Approached about Missing Wife

Wanda N. Gill – The Charley Project

Wanda N. Gill

• gill_wanda2.jpg
  • gill_wanda3.jpg
  • gill_wanda4.jpg
  • gill_wanda5.jpg
  • gill_wanda_rav4.jpg
Wanda, circa 2018; White 2011 Toyota RAV4

• Missing Since04/28/2018
  • Missing FromMount Ida, Arkansas
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth11/24/1963 (55)
  • Age54 years old
  • Height and Weight5'2 - 5'3, 135 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Wanda's maiden name is Mills.
Details of Disappearance
Wanda was last seen in Mount Ida, Arkansas on April 28, 2018. She has never been heard from again. She had recently moved to the area with her husband, Joe Gill, and they were living at a campground. He said they had a fight and she left with $9,000 that belonged to him. She never picked up her last paycheck and has never been heard from again.

Authorities learned the tags on Wanda's white 2011 Toyota RAV4 were renewed on July 6, two and a half months after her disappearance, the same date she was reported missing. On July 12, her vehicle was sighted at a farm in Arkansas City, Arkansas, nearly 200 miles away from Mount Ida. It was gone by the time police arrived there, however. A photo of a similar car is posted with this case summary.

On July 13, the police tracked Wanda's car, her husband and their adult son to a motel in Lake Village, Arkansas. When the sheriff went to the motel room, Wanda's son opened the door, and as soon as the sheriff asked where Joe was, Joe shot himself in bathroom.

He was transported to a local hospital but was pronounced dead shortly thereafter. Police seized Wanda's car and questioned her son, but were unable to learn anything more about her disappearance.

Investigators believe foul play was involved in Wanda's disappearance and they think Joe knew what happened to her, but since his suicide the investigation has stalled. Her case remains

Mount Ida woman’s remains found two years after disappearing

DECEASED: REMAINS FOUND

Her remains were found in a wooded area in Scott County. The Montgomery County Sheriff says it was a tough case, but now her family has closure.

And while Wanda Gill may be gone Sheriff White said her husband had something to do with her disappearance, but that Answer still remains a mystery.

“I believe that he did kill Wanda. I don’t know if we will ever know how it happened,” said Sheriff White. “This has been probably the toughest case I’ve ever worked.”

The Sheriff tells us they are working to close this case and the family is making arrangements for Wanda Gill.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back