AR AR - Whitehall Motel in El Dorado, WhtFem, 81UFAR, 18-21, Jul'91 - #2 - Kelly from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, totally agree with you. This is one of my long-time most-fascinating cases. I think she could very well be Maja Vojvoda,

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1433dfsvn.html

disappeared from Slovenia May 16, 1986, age 11...yes I submitted it, but no one seems to believe it likely. I am no war historian, but Maja was born in Yugoslavia, which was dissolving into separate countries in a long Civil War (Think "Bosnia") .Many girls and young women were kidnapped, raped, some were forced to become prostitutes...Some young women were sent to America to escape the coming war .Some looked forward to legit jobs; others thought they had good jobs lined up, only to end up as prostitutes. Man were given fake IDs.

I tracked down newspaper articles about Maja Vojvoda, and found out that by the time the search for her was underway, she could have been taken across the border out of Slovenia. Her own father made trips out of the country looking for her.

Remember that 81ufar was believed to have been in Virginia Beach...International ship traffic in that area.It is possible that 81ufar met and fell in love with McAlphin and saw him as her protector when he took her possibly out of a bad situation and into what looked like a better one.I found clues that make me think she's Maja when I watched the video...One thing was... If you look at 81ufar's diary entries, the way she puts the comma after the date, where it doesn't belong...could be English as a second language.Several reports say she was "quiet" .Could that be why?

There's a picture of 81ufar in front of a picture on the wall in a restaurant. When you blow it up, it looks an awful lot like a famous castle in Slovenia. ..There's a picture of 81ufar in front of hay bales. One icon of Slovenia is the hayrack. 81ufar is wearing a white dress with puffy sleeves. I found pictures of traditional Yugoslavian dress and it resembles one of the outfits I saw....I have only seen one picture of Maja, it is black and white... freckled? maybe. I do know that the hot sun of Texas and Arkansas can easily freckle a light-skinned person.Eye color, yes Maja's says green, but this was translated from Slovenian language. And eye color can change. And her eyes could have lightened from greenish blue to bluer blue. 81ufar bleached her hair blonde from brown or red. Maja's hair is listed as light brown. As for the height, yes she's listed pretty short even for age 11. I don't really trust what's been translated.But is she prepubescent?Just starting to mature? Maja was eating probably alot less and alot more limited choices than she would have been in America. In my mind, all that menu collecting could be related to that, too. Leaving Yugoslavia where things are getting pretty bad, there is still food but it's getting super expensive... then being in America, walking into even a simple place and saying, "Wow, this is great", thinking it's a luxury...

If you put Maja's picture next to one of 81ufar with her head turned the same way, to me her facial expression, her mouth looks the same and her teeth, too. I am trying to show that here, but it's not working at the moment. Will try later.

Sorry i rambled. Tired!

This girl was 12 when she disappeared in 1986, so would have been 17 in 1991. Skeletal formation is not complete by 17 so the UID's age range would not have been in the late 20s, but maybe 16 - 20 according to the ME, had she been 17.

Eye color and freckles are no big deal, I accept, but 4'3" at 12 is very short and probably an adult height of no more than 5'3". Boys mature later than girls and even as a taller 12-year-old boy, I was within a foot of my adult height - 20" in five years seems inconceivable to me. Even allowing for a more calorific diet and a growth spurt, it seems too far.

1986 was before the fall of Communism in eastern Europe, even though the first cracks were beginning to show - there is no reason to think that this girl was trafficked into the US. It's not impossible, but there is absolutely no reason to think it likely.

The commas in dates, the quietness, etc., are not in the least bit indicative of a foreign background. If she were kept captive, she probably would have limited English skills and a noticeable accent; if she "emigrated" at age 12 and interacted freely, she probably would probably have near-native skills.

I can't prove beyond any doubt that this is not a match but this doesn't come close to being plausible for me, I'm sorry.

That's quite okay ! I can certainly see why it seems implausible.This case is so vexing, though, that it cannot hurt to think outside the box IMHO.
I did not mention but did also read that the father suspected a neighbor from Kuwait had taken her and trafficked her. The father went to other countries including Switzerland looking for her. My argument about the height is, how do we even know the report was translated right? And I may be remembering wrong, but I am pretty sure I saw an age range with 18 as the lower end somewhere. (Namus?)Oh, and 81ufar had the business card of a person who later was arrested for inappropriate contact with a minor. That also kinda made me think of 81ufar as very young.

My argument about the height is, how do we even know the report was translated right?

Was the copy of the report posted on the Internet? Does anyone know where to find a copy? I could translate it.

Thanks.

BTW Namus has her age as 20-30. I have always believed that she was around 23-26. Not 18-21 as prev stated. The post mortem pics also make me think this even more.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/116dftx.html

Terri Lynn Hefner. Height is a bit off , hair is blond (although pic looks darker) eyes say brown but the doe's eyes look brown to. Something with the nose, chin, eyes, remind me alot of this doe.

Also, she was in Texas and headed to louisiana!
was this one mentioned before?

Looks like a possible match IMO. Her left ear has a strange shape that it looks like Tammie shares with the UID. It would be interesting to know if Tammie had a lot of freckles. It seems that the UID had light freckles over the top part of her body - something that may be unusual in darker haired women (IMO) Tammie's nose also looks similar in that it is slightly bulbous at the end.

BTW Namus has her age as 20-30. I have always believed that she was around 23-26. Not 18-21 as prev stated. The post mortem pics also make me think this even more.

I agree she looks older than 18-21. Although she does look younger in the morgue photos. Poor girl.

Kiva Supporter- you are nice to offer that. I have never seen the original missing person report on Maja Vojvoda, just the English one on the Doe network. There were a couple of newspaper articles i found. They were in Slovenian, and I used the google translate to read them.
I don't care if people don't think she's Maja- I am glad people are still trying to give this girl's name back to her in this extremely fascinating case. That's awesome !

Good point! If she was from another country, it might explain why her real identity has been so hard to find.

By the way, I love Belfast. I was there two years ago. It's a beautiful city!

im sure she was from the south, did not notice any accent

On his fb he has a friend named Misses Carr (who has multiple carrs on her fb, also a friend last name wiley. Wonder if he was making up these names for her use working in clubs or if one of these actually was a friend of Jane Doe and thats how she met this guy.

this is not his Facebook I think that is his nephew, he was not in Little Rock he was in Texas for around 3 months, then back to Eldorado for about 6 months before he slit his cousins throat with a box cutter, was in union county jail untill this last trial. Better see if that facebook link can be removed
sorry!

oh and P.S. he spent two years in Abilene Tx for a violent sexual assult on a college student in Austin right before this, he was released april 2010.

this is not his Facebook I think that is his nephew, he was not in Little Rock he was in Texas for around 3 months, then back to Eldorado for about 6 months before he slit his cousins throat with a box cutter, was in union county jail untill this last trial. Better see if that facebook link can be removed
sorry!

I alerted the mods to remove it. Thanks!

her killer does have a few names tatooed on him "James" is his Father And "Elvira" is his mother but I cant figure out what "BGD" is? any Thoughts ????? anyone missing with those initials???? I guess I will start searching might be something:):seeya:

her killer does have a few names tatooed on him "James" is his Father And "Elvira" is his mother but I cant figure out what "BGD" is? any Thoughts ????? anyone missing with those initials???? I guess I will start searching might be something:):seeya:

Elvira is only 40 according to intellus, I would think she would be his wife???

That is a sister I believe, His Mother Passed away last year. there are lots of obits in the Eldorado newspaper, his father is also decesed.

Haha she would also have to be crazy to Marry a guy who is a rapist and murderer, Im kinda guessing he hasnt had alot of time to find a wife, you know being all locked up every few months and all, but you never know!

Haha she would also have to be crazy to Marry a guy who is a rapist and murderer, Im kinda guessing he hasnt had alot of time to find a wife, you know being all locked up every few months and all, but you never know!

Unfortunatey, knowx doesnt show arkansas marriages online so it would take some searching to see.

Women marry serial killers in prison so there are the gulable out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong