Identified! AR - El Dorado, Whitehall Motel, WhtFem 18-21, 81UFAR, Jul'91 - #3 - Kelly from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last name of the person who says they share a grandfather is Wood, not Carter.
The case seems to have a twist, quote "So testing their kids, etc... it has been a lot to unravel. And yes found a few extra DNA surprises in the process. So the family has a lot to take in."

She does not have ties to Alabama. Yes Tina's daughter is living in Alabama but she is not originally from Alabama. Texas Arkansas Louisiana Virginia she has been known to be there. But not Alabama. They are all from Virginia/ Washington DC area. Some born in Washington DC and some born in Virginia.

Hello. Has anybody considered Lori Lynn Sibrell?
Yes we did consider her at length. I submitted her a long time ago (when that discussion happened) but never heard back. I am thinking with the knowledge they have now around EDJDs lineage and DNA they would have been able to quickly identify her as Lori if she were a match.

Sure this has been mentioned before, but I find it really hard to believe that this picture is EDJD. Nose shape and body shape are very different. James' demeanour reminds me of how someone might behave around a family member. Got a feeling this may be her mother? Or some family member?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200425-232300.jpg
    Screenshot_20200425-232300.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 181
Sure this has been mentioned before, but I find it really hard to believe that this picture is EDJD. Nose shape and body shape are very different. James' demeanour reminds me of how someone might behave around a family member. Got a feeling this may be her mother? Or some family member?
It looks like her to me, though admittedly I'm not good with faces. The difference in body shape you're seeing might just be down to the baggy clothes she's wearing.

Wow interesting story!
I agree! This is the first I’ve ever heard about Mary Day, and now I’ve read everything I could find about her. My gut tells me that she isn’t Mary, but is another daughter . The sister that remembers the stepfather beating Mary seems to be the most credible person in the entire story, and I believe he killed her that night.

Maybe you could use your check account to perhaps see if you could locate the names of any of Dorothy's siblings or family members... maybe they would have a photo somewhere and then at least maybe somewhat of a resemblance could be found? Their names/photos couldn't be posted obviously, but at least maybe it could lead to something.

Dorothy was my cousin. I do remember her very well. Matter of fact, she is the reason I became interested in missing people. I was only 9 years old when she became missing though.

No it looks just like her just not a flattering pic sometime we just don't look that good in the morning :)

I have some photos of me that do not even look like me at all. People would argue it is not my nose or my chin or even eyes, the way the photo was taken. There is just no way to be sure if this would be her or not.

That's why they almost never make identification from photos, no matter how many or how clear they appear to be. A difference in angle or shading or even the film used can completely change a person's appearance.

That's why they almost never make identification from photos, no matter how many or how clear they appear to be. A difference in angle or shading or even the film used can completely change a person's appearance.
Agreed. That's why we all have "good' photos that are relatively rare. Last summer I was at an event with a friend, she's older, overweight and reasonably attractive. One of our friends who is a professional photographer took a candid photo and when he shared it on Facebook we were astounded how beautiful the photo was—she is in her mid-60's and generally looks it, but this photo, with a combination of lighting and perfect pose and timing, make her look easily mid-30s, much thinner and incredibly beautiful, like model-level. When she posted in on FB, many people actually kinda called her out when she mentioned it had been take that weekend. I vouched for her because I was literally standing 3 feet away when it was taken. People argued she must have used filters, or photoshop. It was simply everything aligning. Had she gone missing that night and that was the photo we put on the missing poster, people would be looking for the wrong woman.

Maybe some others have seen this picture, I don't know but I came across it awhile back. I know there is small chance of it being EDJD but for some reason I just keep coming back to it and it's getting on my nerves. I found it in a portfolio that was compiled in 2016 for a potential buyer of the Paper Moon clubs in Virginia. Now for starters I don't know what a picture that old would be doing in this portfolio amongst other more recent picture's but to me it looks like it could be from a different time. I believe it is older but I don't know by how much. The picture is on page 38 and the girl in question is seated on the right. To me she looks a lot like EDJD but she does appear to have some tattoos. A star on her abdomen, what I think is a kitten face on her upper right chest and something else on the left side of her neck. However, I'm not totally convinced that these tattoos are real. They are very simple and mundane and looks like someone could have taken a marker, or ink pen for that matter, and put them on her in a matter of a minute or two. The girl sitting next to her has some money in a garter and I was trying to get a good look at it so as to see when it would have been in circulation but I can't make it out. I have been comparing this picture to the one just below it on page 39 which looks to be much more recent. The girls are wearing different attire, the paint job is different, the carpet looks the same but who knows how old carpet is and I can very clearly make out the money which I guess apparently means the picture is of better quality. I can't provide a link, it will only let me download but if you search Assessment of Paper Moons Virginia you will see it. Sorry, I know there's probably an easier and more direct way but I don't know what it is and I know it sounds crazy but I was wanting someone, if they find the time, to take a look and tell me it's not her so maybe I will go on and forget about it. Thanks.

Maybe some others have seen this picture, I don't know but I came across it awhile back. I know there is small chance of it being EDJD but for some reason I just keep coming back to it and it's getting on my nerves. I found it in a portfolio that was compiled in 2016 for a potential buyer of the Paper Moon clubs in Virginia. Now for starters I don't know what a picture that old would be doing in this portfolio amongst other more recent picture's but to me it looks like it could be from a different time. I believe it is older but I don't know by how much. The picture is on page 38 and the girl in question is seated on the right. To me she looks a lot like EDJD but she does appear to have some tattoos. A star on her abdomen, what I think is a kitten face on her upper right chest and something else on the left side of her neck. However, I'm not totally convinced that these tattoos are real. They are very simple and mundane and looks like someone could have taken a marker, or ink pen for that matter, and put them on her in a matter of a minute or two. The girl sitting next to her has some money in a garter and I was trying to get a good look at it so as to see when it would have been in circulation but I can't make it out. I have been comparing this picture to the one just below it on page 39 which looks to be much more recent. The girls are wearing different attire, the paint job is different, the carpet looks the same but who knows how old carpet is and I can very clearly make out the money which I guess apparently means the picture is of better quality. I can't provide a link, it will only let me download but if you search Assessment of Paper Moons Virginia you will see it. Sorry, I know there's probably an easier and more direct way but I don't know what it is and I know it sounds crazy but I was wanting someone, if they find the time, to take a look and tell me it's not her so maybe I will go on and forget about it. Thanks.
I've taken a look and I see what you mean about this woman looking a little like EDJD. However I think the picture is much more recent than EDJD's era. The attire that the women are wearing looks quite contemporary to me in the way it's made (especially the shoes and corsets), and the hair of the woman on the far left definitely looks like a style from within the last ten years.

Kudos to you for even finding this though! It really wouldn't surprise me if EDJD turned up in an old picture of an establishment like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni