AR AR - Zachary Name, 27, Hot Spring County, 20 Jul 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
Family Searching for Missing Hot Spring County Man

A Hot Spring County family searching for 27-year-old Zachary Name who went missing almost a week ago. His abandoned car was found along Interstate 30 near Friendship shortly after.
upload_2018-7-29_0-47-26.jpeg
Family members say Zachary went missing Saturday on his way to work. "The next day coming home from Malvern - me and my mother saw his car on the side of the interstate," she says. His car was found with the key in the ignition - at mile marker 87. His cell phone still sitting inside the car.

upload_2018-7-29_0-42-26.jpeg

Missing Persons Of Arkansas

So little information...had to do some digging.

Google Maps puts Friendship, AR about 40 minutes from Hot Springs.

Some additional details can be found on the FB page for Missing Persons of Arkansas. Not linking because I'm not sure if doing so is within TOS.

His FB page: Zachary Name.

His FB page has odd posts between 9:46 pm on 7/19 and 1:04 am on 7/20. Nothing on his timeline prior to that - lack of posts was probably based on his security settings. Then, suddenly some odd posts. Very strange....

Family members are still posting on their FB pages (as of yesterday) that he is still missing.

I hope he just needed a break and is found safe and sound...but it's been 10 days....prayers for him and his family that he is found soon.

It's been 5 months now and the family has no answers about what happened to ZN.

Just to add a little more info for anyone who might still be looking at this - I live in the area and am puzzled that there has been no new information in all this time.

Friendship is a very small town on I-30 between Malvern & Arkadelphia - it's not really 40 minutes from Hot Springs for locals who know how to get around here - I know people who can make it in 20 - though it typically takes me 30.

If ZM was in Malvern and leaving for work in Hot Springs, there are a couple of routes he could have taken using I-30 but it is not the normal way that people would go from Malvern to Hot Springs as it is shorter to just use Hwy 270 if you are already in Malvern. His vehicle was found on the side of the interstate as if he was headed from Malvern toward Arkadelphia. Just to help other understand the layout - Malvern is exit 98 - his car was found near the 87 mile marker - Friendship is exit 83 and the Arkadelphia/Caddo Valley exit is 78. From Malvern, one can take 270 North to Hot Springs and get there in about 20 minutes or take I-30 to exit 78 and then north on Hwy 7 to Hot Springs and get there in about 40-45 minutes - or a lot of little country roads that might shave 10 minutes off that route but it would still be longer than taking 270 from Malvern to Hot Springs. So I really doubt that he was headed straight to work from Malvern.

It is more likely that he was headed home to Friendship first if he was still living in Friendship. Early on there were some posts that indicate that he may have been staying in Bismarck at the time - but he would still have used I-30 to go home to Bismarck before work instead of going directly to his job in Hot Springs on Hwy 270.

The FB page tagged below is not the only or main FB page for ZM and the one here looks like it may have been created shortly before he disappeared - if in fact he created it - I'm not 100% sure that it wasn't created after something happened by someone trying to make it look like he disappeared later than he actually did. But it may be as you say security settings and I cannot see any more than you did but that the first post showing wasn't the first post. I am just not sure either way.

I don't believe this kid left of his own volition and I think someone out there knows something but as of today, the family still has no answers.

So little information...had to do some digging.

Google Maps puts Friendship, AR about 40 minutes from Hot Springs.

Some additional details can be found on the FB page for Missing Persons of Arkansas. Not linking because I'm not sure if doing so is within TOS.

His FB page:
Zachary Name.

His FB page has odd posts between 9:46 pm on 7/19 and 1:04 am on 7/20. Nothing on his timeline prior to that - lack of posts was probably based on his security settings. Then, suddenly some odd posts. Very strange....

Family members are still posting on their FB pages (as of yesterday) that he is still missing.

I hope he just needed a break and is found safe and sound...but it's been 10 days....prayers for him and his family that he is found soon.

@aafromaa Thanks for the local insight! While I hope he is safe somewhere, my gut feels like there was foul play....

Zachary Alden Name – The Charley Project

Zachary Alden Name

name_zachary.jpg
name_zachary9.jpg
name_zachary_tattoo.jpg

Missing Since 07/20/2018
Missing From Malvern, Arkansas
Classification Endangered Missing
Sex Male
Race White
Age 26 years old
Height and Weight 5'8, 210 - 230 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Red hair, hazel eyes. Name has a scar on the right side of his jaw. He has the following tattoos: a pit bull's head on his left bicep, praying hands on his left forearm, his son's baby footprint on his right forearm, the word "Evil" on his chest, and a triangle symbol on his back. A photo of the baby footprint tattoo is posted with this case summary.

Details of Disappearance
Name was last seen in Malvern, Arkansas at 8:00 p.m. on July 20, 2018. He said he had to go to work early; he worked at a WalMart in Hot Springs, Arkansas. has never been heard from again.

Hours after his disappearance, his white Chevrolet Sonic was found abandoned at Mile Marker 86 on Interstate 30, in between Malvern and Arkadelphia, Arkansas. Name's cellular phone, a change of clothes and a bag of laundry were inside the vehicle, and the keys were in the ignition. It was reportedly uncharacteristic of him to bring a change of clothes with him to work.

Name lived in Friendship, Arkansas at the time of his disappearance. His family stated it would be uncharacteristic of him to leave without notifying them, or to abandon his toddler son. His case remains unsolved.

NamUs page The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail
Thumbnail

Circumstances of Disappearance Left home to go to work. Never made it to work. Vehicle found parked on Interstate. Seen on Arkadelphia Wal-Mart video on July 20, 2019.

Zachary Alden Name – The Charley Project

Zachary Alden Name

name_zachary.jpg
name_zachary9.jpg
name_zachary_tattoo.jpg

Missing Since 07/20/2018
Missing From Malvern, Arkansas
Classification Endangered Missing
Sex Male
Race White
Age 26 years old
Height and Weight 5'8, 210 - 230 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Red hair, hazel eyes. Name has a scar on the right side of his jaw. He has the following tattoos: a pit bull's head on his left bicep, praying hands on his left forearm, his son's baby footprint on his right forearm, the word "Evil" on his chest, and a triangle symbol on his back. A photo of the baby footprint tattoo is posted with this case summary.

Details of Disappearance
Name was last seen in Malvern, Arkansas at 8:00 p.m. on July 20, 2018. He said he had to go to work early; he worked at a WalMart in Hot Springs, Arkansas. has never been heard from again.

Hours after his disappearance, his white Chevrolet Sonic was found abandoned at Mile Marker 86 on Interstate 30, in between Malvern and Arkadelphia, Arkansas. Name's cellular phone, a change of clothes and a bag of laundry were inside the vehicle, and the keys were in the ignition. It was reportedly uncharacteristic of him to bring a change of clothes with him to work.

Name lived in Friendship, Arkansas at the time of his disappearance. His family stated it would be uncharacteristic of him to leave without notifying them, or to abandon his toddler son. His case remains unsolved.

NamUs page The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail
Thumbnail

Circumstances of Disappearance Left home to go to work. Never made it to work. Vehicle found parked on Interstate. Seen on Arkadelphia Wal-Mart video on July 20, 2019.

On his NamUs page, it says that Zachary was "Seen on Arkadelphia Wal-Mart video on July 20, 2019." Is that year incorrect, or was Zachary seen exactly one year later? Even if the date should have been 2018, what was Zachary doing at the Arkadelphia Wal-Mart? His job was at the Hot Springs Wal-Mart. I'm so confused.

On his NamUs page, it says that Zachary was "Seen on Arkadelphia Wal-Mart video on July 20, 2019." Is that year incorrect, or was Zachary seen exactly one year later? Even if the date should have been 2018, what was Zachary doing at the Arkadelphia Wal-Mart? His job was at the Hot Springs Wal-Mart. I'm so confused.
I saw on the Missing Persons Of Arkansas that he used to work at the Arkadelphia Walmart. I didn’t see that mentioned anywhere else. Great catch about the year of his sighting. That must be an error, but how weird would it be if it wasn’t? :eek:

I saw on the Missing Persons Of Arkansas that he used to work at the Arkadelphia Walmart. I didn’t see that mentioned anywhere else. Great catch about the year of his sighting. That must be an error, but how weird would it be if it wasn’t? :eek:
Zachary being on film at the Arkadelphia Walmart, on either Jul 20, 2019 or July 20, 2018 is definitely strange. I wonder what the time stamp on the video was, and whether Zachary was alone or with someone.

I found an older FB page for Zachary (2016), but it has Zachary's relatives in his friends list:

Zachary Name

Tattoo
Tattoo - praying hands on inside right forearm. Tattoo - Son's infant footprint outside left forearm. Tattoo - pitbull dog on left bicep. Tattoo - cross on inside left forearm. Tattoo - "Name" on back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back