Are West Mesa & LI murders related?

It is a possibility related. what was the show: along came a spider with Morgan Freeman-two working together east coast-west coast. One mentioned most were hispanic in west mesa, yes but that is the area. Both areas, young females, prostitutes, possible drug addictions, though ones on west mesa buried: possibly easier to roll the ones on gilgo in burlap,role out of vehicle, the bodies blend in. and west mesa girls some knew each other-not sure of gilgo. Long distance trucker or even local - one on each end.

Feb 3 2022 rbbm.
No quit in hunt for West Mesa killer (yahoo.com)
''Liz Thomson, a former homicide sergeant, retired from the Albuquerque Police Department in late 2017 but has since come back as a contract investigator working on cold cases. She said the department has received over a thousand tips in the West Mesa case, interviewed hundreds of people and identified many persons of interest over the years.

The women had been reported missing in the early to mid-2000s and as APD detective Ida Lopez began to investigate she suspected they would be found all together, Thomson said. Eight other women disappeared under similar circumstances around the same time but their bodies have not been found.

Thomson said the killer preyed on vulnerable women and may have previously attacked someone without killing them and then escalated to murder and burying the bodies so as to conceal the crimes.

"We believe the burying of the women's bodies is key," Thomson said. "The person responsible had the means and the know-how to not only navigate a then remote and barely accessible area of the West Mesa, but to also methodically dig and then bury the women without clues such as clothing, personal items, or evidence of the method of killing such as bullets, bullet casings or remarkable blunt force trauma."
''There are two men who police have publicly identified as suspects — Lorenzo Montoya and Joseph Blea.''

West Mesa murder case reaches ten year anniversary – New Mexico News Port
Victims-pictures.png

Row 1: (from left to right) Monica Candelaria (21), Evelyn Salazar (27), and Syllania Edwards (15)
Row 2: Julie Nieto (23), Doreen Marquez(27), and Michelle Valdez (22)
Row 3:Jamie Barela (15), Cinnamon Elks (32), and Virginia Cloven (24)
Row 4: Veronica Romero (28), and Victoria Chavez (26)

The Potential Suspects

Suspects-pictures.png

Lorenzo Montoya (left) and Joseph Blea (right)

Imo, there is no connection between LISK & West Mesa murders.

According to Albuquerque's KQRE, Montoya hired a sex worker in December 2006 and took her to his home located less than two miles away from the site where the West Mesa victims were buried. He choked her to death, and when the woman's boyfriend/pimp came looking for her, he shot and killed Montoya. Although the murders stopped after that, police have unfortunately not been able to say without a doubt that Montoya was the serial killer known as the West Mesa Bone Collector.

Is it a coincidence Montoya just happened to live only 2 miles away from the dump site where the 11 victims were found?

Another coincidence would be how the murders stopped after Montoya was shot dead in his home after he had choked to death a sex worker.

Without hard evidence, like DNA, etc. its gonna be tough to point to a suspect, especially if they're dead.

I lived in the “warzone” growing up. In 06 I was about 15-16 and I was out and about at a friends house. If you are a female walking down central or zuni expect to get honked at , rides offered etc. Normally you just say no and the person drives off. Well this particular night it was a little past 10 PM, my friends brother refused to give me a ride home. So I decided to just walk home before it got any later. It was about a good 7-8 blocks away but of course at that age I felt invincible. As soon as I got on central a male pulled over and asked how much? I said no and he proceeded to drive away. Moments later a cop flashed his lights on me and asked what are you doing I told him I was walking home and it was a school night and I didn’t have a ride to get home since I was at my friends doing a project. He asked how old I was and I told him 15. He asked what the car had asked me and I told him oh yeah he was asking how much and basically trying to pick me up. The cop proceeded to turn on his lights and go after the car. I proceeded my walk and I walked past the officer who pulled over that vehicle. I remember seeing the lights fading in the distance and then suddenly this new car appears and just stops. I was walking west and the car was driving east. And something about this freaked me out because this car by now should’ve shouted at me or asked me how much. So the vehicle proceeded the route very slowly and made a right turn, and came back to make a left turn to drive west, the same direction I was headed. Once I saw him coming back to Zuni to make a left turn I crossed the street and he did the same thing again made a right turn just to get back on Zuni to be on the same side of the road as me. So we did the zig zag dance for about a couple more times. I knew this was bad, he hadnt spoken to me but he was like hunting me. He finally pulled over at a stop light parked his vehicle and he got out. He was a tall man looked white or maybe even like Joseph blea. I ran back and turned into this road and ran through some townhomes into an apartment complex and hid behind some vehicles. He drove around for a good 20 minutes looking for me. To avoid detection I was on my knees hiding behind tires so my shadow wouldn’t reflect from the street lights. After 10 minutes of no longer seeing his vehicle I ran home like crazy. It has always sat on my mind if this was the west mesa bone collector.

I lived in the “warzone” growing up. In 06 I was about 15-16 and I was out and about at a friends house. If you are a female walking down central or zuni expect to get honked at , rides offered etc. Normally you just say no and the person drives off. Well this particular night it was a little past 10 PM, my friends brother refused to give me a ride home. So I decided to just walk home before it got any later. It was about a good 7-8 blocks away but of course at that age I felt invincible. As soon as I got on central a male pulled over and asked how much? I said no and he proceeded to drive away. Moments later a cop flashed his lights on me and asked what are you doing I told him I was walking home and it was a school night and I didn’t have a ride to get home since I was at my friends doing a project. He asked how old I was and I told him 15. He asked what the car had asked me and I told him oh yeah he was asking how much and basically trying to pick me up. The cop proceeded to turn on his lights and go after the car. I proceeded my walk and I walked past the officer who pulled over that vehicle. I remember seeing the lights fading in the distance and then suddenly this new car appears and just stops. I was walking west and the car was driving east. And something about this freaked me out because this car by now should’ve shouted at me or asked me how much. So the vehicle proceeded the route very slowly and made a right turn, and came back to make a left turn to drive west, the same direction I was headed. Once I saw him coming back to Zuni to make a left turn I crossed the street and he did the same thing again made a right turn just to get back on Zuni to be on the same side of the road as me. So we did the zig zag dance for about a couple more times. I knew this was bad, he hadnt spoken to me but he was like hunting me. He finally pulled over at a stop light parked his vehicle and he got out. He was a tall man looked white or maybe even like Joseph blea. I ran back and turned into this road and ran through some townhomes into an apartment complex and hid behind some vehicles. He drove around for a good 20 minutes looking for me. To avoid detection I was on my knees hiding behind tires so my shadow wouldn’t reflect from the street lights. After 10 minutes of no longer seeing his vehicle I ran home like crazy. It has always sat on my mind if this was the west mesa bone collector.
That is crazy. I'm so sorry you went through that! Glad you are ok.

Thank you for sharing your frightening, and harrowing experience with us. I’m sorry you had to live this. I am grateful you are alive. This could have ended so differently for you. You must have been so scared. Especially, being all by yourself. Your encounter with this individual shows the reality of terror experienced by those who did not survive, also. How awful. I hope you have a good support system around you; both now, and during the time this occurred. I am proud of you for having the courage to share your trauma, and provide awareness about your experience.

Do you remember/were able to see anything else specific? Like…
-Body type like slender? Average? Heavy set?
-approximate type of vehicle? Like older towncar? SUV? Truck? Etc.
-any facial hair or distinctive markings you could see?
-maybe a rough age even if it’s like youngish, young adult, middle aged, older?
- was he wearing anything distinctive that you could see like a hat or certain type of shoes etc?

Sorry for all the questions. I do believe there may be a connection.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back