Are you planning on attending Caylee's public memorial?

Will you attend Caylee's public memorial?

• Yes

Votes: 11 3.5%
  • No

Votes: 295 94.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live close enough to attend, I've thought long and hard about it, I'm not going to attend, nor am I going to watch, should it be aired.

I searched, I was there, I saw the amount of people who just wanted this child laid to rest, this isn't about rest, this isn't about grief, this public memorial is about "show", when the child has a final resting place, then there should be a memorial, a celebration of her life and the lives she may change due to having been part of this world.

I agree that GA and CA will be vilified no matter what they do in this matter, but I believe that a private memorial would have been more fitting.

Then a public acknowledgement of how Caylee has touched so many lives.

<stepping down now>

I could not agree more.... I search as well... and I am close enough to attend and I choose not too.

Stick to the topic of this thread "Are you planning on attending Caylee's public memorial? "

I don't live anywhere near Orlando so I will not attend. If I lived across the street from the church, I would not attend either. I have no desire to be part of this extravaganza.

Although I live close enough to attend I won't be for the following reasons:

1) Will probably be a circus outside.

2) Can't believe a church would allow Do Not Admit List. I could see not allowing any protesters in but beyond that I always thought in church everyone was welcome. I think if the A's wanted to use a List they should have chosen another place to have it.

3) Dislike the idea of not allowing purses in. Now after announcing that every car thief in the area will be there waiting. That is not the best side of town, I would not want to leave mine in the car.

4) No cameras or cell phones, makes me think the A's are worried about anyone but them selling pictures. Remember the the Anna Nicole Funeral where Sterns sold the rights to cover it.

5) Most importantly...I think Baez with use the number of people that show up as a way to prove that KC cannot get a fair trial in the area.

But in my heart I had a memorial for Caylee from the start.

Distance would be enough to keep me from attending. If I could, I probably wouldn't. I'm upset to think that there are those who loved Caylee when she was alive who probably won't be allowed inside. A memorial service is for grieving together. It's a time to put personal feelings behind and to join together in grief.

I don't have to name any names, because you all know who they are.

I don't want to go to the memorial service. I would like to watch it on tv to say my own prayers and have my own private thoughts. However at some point in the future if Caylee has a gravesite it might be nice to visit in private to say a few words. Although I am sure that she heard the prayers for her safety and then for her deliverance to heaven.

I'm on the left coast as well, so it's a no go for me. I will watch the live stream, if it's not all choked up and will actually play. I just hope and pray this isn't going to turn into brawl.. LP's not going..who else is on the YIT list? They can't bar Yuri and Allen..or any other LE, can they?

No purses? I've never heard of such a thing..what if you needed your meds or something.. Tampax? C'mon? This smacks of a concert or a sporting event..What the hey?

Well, I may not have known Caylee personally, but I do know that I've thought of her every single day since this case has began. Little things throughout the day make me think of her, just like my own son. She's been a major part of my life for months now. I feel grief and sorrow for the loss of her life. I went out and searched. I've spent countless hours on here, just as many, many of you have. I have prayed for her, but I don't feel like I've said a final goodbye. Part of me is a little worried about it possibly turning into a circus, but really, I just don't care. I won't be there for the A's, or the media, or anything else. I'll be there to say goodbye to Caylee, and honor her life. I think that if someone is there truly for Caylee, then it won't matter what else happens!

Caylee has a spot in my heart, and I'm happy that I have the opportunity to say my own goodbyes to her at a memorial service.

Sarah - while it is not possible for me to be there with you physically - please know that I will be there with you spiritually, sharing in your fellowship to honor Caylee. For me, this is about Caylee, an opportunity to celebrate her life and honor her memory. I can ignore any other "interference" and I will. Caylee deserves this and for those that attend to truely honor Caylee, in spite of all the other nonsense (whatever it may be) I send special prayers for keeping the focus and staying true to saying a very loving and dignified goodbye to a very beautiful child who deserved so much more.

Salem

I'll watch the memorial service on tv. HLN is going to show it, otherwise I would watch the livestream webcast from one of the Orlando tv stations.

I am really curious to see how many people attend.

I have to pass by there later in the day and could easily go but I can't bring myself to participate in yet another attempt to exploit the memory of that poor little girl.

True dignity would have been a private family service and that's it.

I'm disgusted that this public event is going to happen and I heard through the local grapevine (I do business with an elder of the church) that there are some airing rights currently being negotiated.

Poor little Caylee is nothing but an ATM card to that family and its nauseating.

I voted NO. I live many states away. If I lived right next door to the church I would have still voted no. Was afraid to express my true feelings and thoughts here (out of respect for Caylee). You seem brave enough to post real honest feelings. I'll ride on your coat-tails if that's ok....ITA!!! (I said my personal "goodbyes" to Caylee after her remains were found.) I want to type SO much more...zipping lips and leaving well enough alone....

Thank you pirate for being brave enough to speak YOUR truth. (mine too)

After hearing Conway say yesterday, that there are no plans for the "funeral"....I think this memorial is so people will shut up about that.

No, I won't be attending and I'm not sorry I can't be there. After what I've heard, I'm afraid it'll be Cindy's show. She's calling the shots with her list of banned people, saying people can't even bring purses into the church! Too bad it isn't going to be a loving, friendly atmosphere for the baby.

They've waited this long, and now they are banning people, purses, cell phones, cameras, but yet, the baby's picture is being peddled to the media so Baez can collect money to defend Casey! It's all too crazy.

So I think I'll just honor Caylee in my own way, in my own home and church, and in my heart. I sobbed when they confirmed the remains were hers even though I was already sure they were but just hearing it made me so sad. I've already given her lots of respect. The baby deserves justice not a circus.

I voted NO. I live many states away. If I lived right next door to the church I would have still voted no. Was afraid to express my true feelings and thoughts here (out of respect for Caylee). You seem brave enough to post real honest feelings. I'll ride on your coat-tails if that's ok....ITA!!! (I said my personal "goodbyes" to Caylee after her remains were found.) I want to type SO much more...zipping lips and leaving well enough alone....

Thank you pirate for being brave enough to speak YOUR truth. (mine too)

:clap:I didn't vote but I agree with both of you. I have experienced enough personel tragedy that I don't feel that I should be involved with someone else's grief. I like both of you mourned for Caylee in my own way when she was found, I don't need to see the A's tragedy. My only hope at this point is justice for Caylee. I am going to be in Orlando tomorrow for my daughter's dance try out and I will be going to the general area of the A's to answer a few questions that I have regarding the case that I can wrap my mind around how and when Caylee's body was dumped. The fact that no one saw KC's car and the cut through to go to TL place, and of course the Amscott. I hope the memorial will help the A's heal, along with anyone else that wants to be involved but my only concern is the case of murder against KC and justice for Caylee.

I wanted to go. but my husband said no. I will be watching with box of tissues.
I do hope for this one day that everybody will respect George and Cindy. Because I think that what Caylee would want and it is her day.

Is this a memorial, not a funeral? If this is just a memorial, then as this memorial is going on, then in reality Caylee will still be in a box in the funeral home?

Is this a memorial, not a funeral? If this is just a memorial, then as this memorial is going on, then in reality Caylee will still be in a box in the funeral home?

Yes Grammie, Caylee will still be at the funeral home. They are not burying her yet.

I live 30 minutes from the church and I will not be going. I have also called the church to voice my objection to having a Do Not Admit List. It's the Lords House -- not theirs and not CA. I will no longer attend any services there.

Yes Grammie, Caylee will still be at the funeral home. They are not burying her yet.

ah this just breaks my heart. To think of that perfect little baby first thrown away in a trash bag, and now just thrown in a box, just sitting there all alone, the same way she was in the woods. I just don't understand. How can this abuse continue to happen to Caylee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T-Dog