Are you planning on attending Caylee's public memorial?

Will you attend Caylee's public memorial?

• Yes

Votes: 11 3.5%
  • No

Votes: 295 94.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped - from Bathbuddys post #114:

"Well the difference is that if I watch it live, it means that I support this circus.
I may or may not watch it at a later date, but if I do tune in, it supports the network that is going to allow this to be on TV."

I'm not understanding your reasoning...but if that is the way you feel,that's fine with me.

I guess I need to rephrase that last sentence---
If I tuned in at the time that the networks aired it live, it would mean that I condone this kind of yuck being paid for by us!

If I watch it on you tube, the show would not get the ratings.

That is what I meant to say.

I am glad to hear it is fine with you.

I am really tired of all of these lawyers and this family getting all of this air time and they have nothing of substance to say for Justice for Caylee is all.
To me it sounds like blah blah blah....

I'm sorry, I don't know what Caylee Memorial you're referring to. I heard about the CA show that's going to be held Tuesday at 10am for certain people. I have no plans to attend, watch, or any other way support that.

No I will not be attending - and honestly I think CA and GA were pressured to have a public memorial. So many people on so many sites have said they hope that the memorial wouldnt be private - now I see people complain that the memorial isnt private. I dont think people would be in agreement no matter what they would have done.

And even though the memorial is being held in a church, the Anthonys do have the right to say who can some and who cant. It is their granddaughter. I can so understand why they wouldnt want certain people admitted. - Remember we dont have to be in agreement, it wasnt our granddaughter murdered. And lastly - a person is innocent until proven guilty - like it or not that is our justice system. Since Cindy wrote the eulogy - she had the right to include KC in it - we may not agree, but it wasnt our decision as the general public.

And for those who think that its only the Anthonys making money - please. There are so many more players in this "circus" that have made money off of this tragedy......

Flame away.....

I won't be there in person, I live to far away, but I will be watching it on HLN TV tomorrow and then NG at 11AM CT! If I lived in Orlando you bet I would have been there. Caylee has touched my life like no other. I thought Laci and Conner was the worst but Caylee tops that murder for sure for me.:(
Crime and murder is the same no matter who it is. I never missed a day of Laci and Conner trial and I loved the outcome & that person is where he should be, and I am hoping there will be Justice here for Caylee! My only wish is that little Caylee would be buried also it is a shame that hasn't happeneed yet.:( IMO

I live 30 minutes from the church and I will not be going. I have also called the church to voice my objection to having a Do Not Admit List. It's the Lords House -- not theirs and not CA. I will no longer attend any services there.

I think the "do not attend" list (?) is a good idea. I can't get over the fact that people who didn't even KNOW this child, will be there. Yes, it's a church. Yes, churches are supposed to be open to the public. However, not one person here can tell me there won't be some fool standing outside "protesting", or trying to get inside to take pictures (hence the no cell phones) or wanting to cuss out the family. Reprehensible behavior from people who "claim" to want to "say goodbye" (wouldn't you have had to say "hello" first??) to a child.

If the memorial had been private, a bunch of people would have been whining that Caylee "belongs" to the country (she doesn't.) Since the memorial is public, a bunch of people are complaining that it should have been private.

You're (the general "you") right, this isn't about Caylee....EVERYONE has an agenda.

Anyone that would like to stage a protest, knock yourself out. Just don't post about it here or use this forum for your agenda.

Protest a memorial? Can it get any crazier...? :loser:

I think the "do not attend" list (?) is a good idea. I can't get over the fact that people who didn't even KNOW this child, will be there. Yes, it's a church. Yes, churches are supposed to be open to the public. However, not one person here can tell me there won't be some fool standing outside "protesting", or trying to get inside to take pictures (hence the no cell phones) or wanting to cuss out the family. Reprehensible behavior from people who "claim" to want to "say goodbye" (wouldn't you have had to say "hello" first??) to a child.

If the memorial had been private, a bunch of people would have been whining that Caylee "belongs" to the country (she doesn't.) Since the memorial is public, a bunch of people are complaining that it should have been private.

You're (the general "you") right, this isn't about Caylee....EVERYONE has an agenda.

I must say, that is the whole purpose of a "public" memorial...for people who DIDN'T know Caylee to go...

Thus, the private vs public memorial debate...

I would love to attend but I live out of state -- is anyone planning on attending from out of state?

Anyone who is planning to attend, please take extra care tomorrow. With one thing and another, it sounds as if it will be like 'running the gauntlet' to enter.

I must say, that is the whole purpose of a "public" memorial...for people who DIDN'T know Caylee to go...

Thus, the private vs public memorial debate...

I understand. I just think it's very weird. I agree with the poster who said that if they attended memorials/funerals of murdered children in their OWN city/state, then they could see going to this one.

Case in point - little Riley Sawyers was tortured and murdered by her mother, Kimberly Trenor and was dumped in the Gulf of Mexico. When her body finally surfaced, no one claimed her, until her paternal grandmother recognized a drawing of her. How many people showed up for her funeral? How many people were outraged by her torture and death? How many people attended the trial of her mother, last week?

I guess I don't understand the outrage of one child's murder, and not others.

I understand. I just think it's very weird. I agree with the poster who said that if they attended memorials/funerals of murdered children in their OWN city/state, then they could see going to this one.

Case in point - little Riley Sawyers was tortured and murdered by her mother, Kimberly Trenor and was dumped in the Gulf of Mexico. When her body finally surfaced, no one claimed her, until her paternal grandmother recognized a drawing of her. How many people showed up for her funeral? How many people were outraged by her torture and death? How many people attended the trial of her mother, last week?

I guess I don't understand the outrage of one child's murder, and not others.

For starters, I'd suggest media coverage...I was not aware of Riley...so sad.

I won't be there in person, I live to far away, but I will be watching it on HLN TV tomorrow and then NG at 11AM CT! If I lived in Orlando you bet I would have been there. Caylee has touched my life like no other. I thought Laci and Conner was the worst but Caylee tops that murder for sure for me.:(
Crime and murder is the same no matter who it is. I never missed a day of Laci and Conner trial and I loved the outcome & that person is where he should be, and I am hoping there will be Justice here for Caylee! My only wish is that little Caylee would be buried also it is a shame that hasn't happeneed yet.:( IMO

I heard this morning that MSNBC will also be broadcasting the memorial

Can we start a thread "how many are going to LP's memorial at where they found Caylee?" I would go to that one at least I wouldn't have to hear Cindy..an Rev Grund will probably speak..

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...nthony-memorial-church-020909,0,4163141.story

Metal detectors....no purses....CA's list of people not welcome....

IMO, this isn't about Caylee at all. Just another defense strategy to portray the A's as victims. And to highlight KC as a loving, devoted mother. For potential jury.

Baby Caylee deserves a private, respectful funeral and a memorial after her killer is convicted. A memorial where everyone who has been touched by her brief time here on earth can celebrate her life. Until the trial is over, anything done by the A family is tainted by their zeal to protect KC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff