Area Body Found in "Too Strange" Was it Searched?Part # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hear me out before moving this post or commenting. This has been driving me nutz since she was found. IT IS TOO STRANGE that her body was found less than 1/3 mile away from their house.

Cadaver dogs can hit and actually follow a trail once they do. RE: Scott Peterson for example. They actually followed from the Petersons' driveway, all the way to the Interstate.

Ok now there were two sets of dogs that hit.

Snipped just to save space, Des. I have had some strange thoughts about the discovery of the body, too. BUT: the cadaver dogs had "partial" hits. Neither one had a definitive hit. And they didn't even both hit in the same spots. Dogs are like humans :crazy: Somedays they must have sinus trouble or something! Remember the dogs searching for Jessica Lundsford were unable to track her ACROSS THE STREET. So the dogs don't worry me too much.

It IS worrisome that the area was searched at least twice and nothing found, particularly if Tim Miller was correct when he said the bag had been left ABOVE ground and never buried. It has happened in the past in other cases that areas were "throughly" searched and a body found at a later date, so this wouldn't be the only time a search missed a body left right out in the open. BUT I do think the defense will attempt to use the fact that the body was not found by searchers early on, nor was it found when the police were back to investigate the 'bomb' to mean that someone ELSE placed Caylee there later than those dates. And since Casey was accounted for after those first searches, then they'll say it could NOT have been Casey.

I just put this in the Daily Updates thread, but thought I would post here too:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

WESH 2 News at 4pm has reported that a TES Searcher, who searched the area where the remains were found, TOOK A PICTURE of what the area looked like during TES' first and second search attempts, which shows the area was completely under water. The searcher turned the photo over to the investigators as well as answered questions.

The searcher only answered one question by the media and drove off.

No link available yet. Will update the post when the story goes up on the net.

Update - here's the link to the story (about 3/4 way down: http://www.wesh.com/news/18299352/detail.html

I just put this in the Daily Updates thread, but thought I would post here too:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

WESH 2 News at 4pm has reported that a TES Searcher, who searched the area where the remains were found, TOOK A PICTURE of what the area looked like during TES' first and second search attempts, which shows the area was completely under water. The searcher turned the photo over to the investigators as well as answered questions.

The searcher only answered one question by the media and drove off.

No link available yet. Will update the post when the story goes up on the net.

Update - here's the link to the story (about 3/4 way down: http://www.wesh.com/news/18299352/detail.html

That's great to know FK - and welcome to hear. On another thread, someone was posting that Phil Keating had a video from Aug. 5 where he went 20 feet into the woods in that same spot and it was dry. I haven't been able to locate the video, but the comment was posted today and referenced to Studio B on Fox (Shep Smith) releasing the info and playing the clip. I got worried.

Just heard on Fox and later CNN that TV cameras were within 20-30 feet (of where Caylee was found) back in August when the ground was dry.........no smell etc........
kc friends told tip line Caylee would be there, but she wasn't. Only white plastic bags and party garbage. Then teen age boys tried to tell LE the same??? 3 months ago about small grave? Rain came. Now the find. The reporter from Fox said, was KC in jail? Did someone else move Caylee there after news team was out of there? Why didn't dogs track from back yard to there? Just wondering what is going on now..........

"One woman said off camera Wednesday that she was part of a Texas Equusearch team that scoured this area. She claims to have photographic evidence that proves the remains were not there when they searched."

Investigators reviewed the photos and took her statement.http://www.wesh.com/news/18299352/detail.html

Ugh I hope this isn't the case.

That's great to know FK - and welcome to hear. On another thread, someone was posting that Phil Keating had a video from Aug. 5 where he went 20 feet into the woods in that same spot and it was dry. I haven't been able to locate the video, but the comment was posted today and referenced to Studio B on Fox (Shep Smith) releasing the info and playing the clip. I got worried.

You know, the wording they used on tv vs. the wording they used in print is quite different and alarming. If JB gets a hold of them saying that the searcher said "it wasn't there", then that searcher could get called as a witness by the defense. If she really said "it was under water and couldn't get in there to search" then she would be a prosecution witness.

Oh goodness !!

Can someone check the WESH 2 News stream and see if they have it there ? I would but have to get to post office before they close... CRUD !!

Just watched the video - http://www.wesh.com/video/18301280/index.html

she said nothing was found when she searched.

On a personal note - I'm not going to give this much credit. She would have had to take a photo of every square foot of that acre and a half to make a definitive statement like that, and I can tell you as a Team Lead myself, we were NOT ALLOWED to take photos during the searches. Another thing I can tell you from personal experience is that unless each searcher got down on their hands and knees and literally crawled through the vines and palm fronds (which I only saw a few people do on our searches), you could have EASILY overlooked that trash bag. Especially if it was in a shallow, overgrown grave. The water / flooding that came through during TS Faye, I believe, is what brought that bag closer to the roadside.

"One woman said off camera Wednesday that she was part of a Texas Equusearch team that scoured this area. She claims to have photographic evidence that proves the remains were not there when they searched."

Investigators reviewed the photos and took her statement.http://www.wesh.com/news/18299352/detail.html

From what I understand, the area where the remains were found was under quite a bit of water for a long time. I would not be at all surprised if the remains shifted location during that time.

And from all the bones they are finding scattered around, it certainly seems possible that the remains have been there quite some time. I have faith that the forensics will have clear information about when and where.

There is too much weight being given to the fact an area was 'searched'. I did some searching during this effort and a lot of what I saw people do amounted to a half baked poke with a stick while still standing. On the flip side, if you did search intently then every square meter had something in it ... a trash bag, animal bones, and other weird items. After a while you wind up ignoring that too. I think John Q. Public watches too many crime shows and expects to see a skull staring them in the face. I could on but F-Katz is right... this could have been there the whole time.

Well that didn't take long. WESH 2 @ 6pm just reported that shortly after they aired the story at 4pm on the TES searcher having photos of the area and nothing being found in the area by her during prior searches, now JB wants to talk to this woman.

Well we saw this coming, didn't we...

It was confirmed that Tim Miller did not go behind the crime scene. So, he has no idea how the bag looked. LE stated it over and over. ....One woman said off camera Wednesday that she was part of a Texas Equusearch team that scoured this area. She claims to have photographic evidence that proves the remains were not there when they searched. Investigators reviewed the photos and took her statement.
http://www.wesh.com/news/18299352/detail.html

I was trying to upload the pictures but it won't let me.

Ok, I have been going back and checking on some things. From what I can gather, and I admit I may not have found/read everything - the area the friend took LE to was described as being BEHIND the school. The area where all the kids used to hang out was described as BEHIND the school. Now from what I can see on aerial shots, the school is down the road and across the street - The crime scene is no where near the school - relatively speaking.

OK... I posted about this on the NG thread and don't how to bring it over here...so I am going to try to rewrite.
How and when did KC get the body to woods? From behind her home and walked it over or did she pull up in her car along Suburban dr. and carry it in?
I can't believe in either case that this went undetected by anyone in that neighborhood.
Also, was it the nite she had Caylee and was over at AL's house? I think I remember reading somewhere she told him she was taking Caylee back to her parent's home. Did he see her alive then?
This is driving me crazy.

It was confirmed that Tim Miller did not go behind the crime scene. So, he has no idea how the bag looked. LE stated it over and over. ....One woman said off camera Wednesday that she was part of a Texas Equusearch team that scoured this area. She claims to have photographic evidence that proves the remains were not there when they searched. Investigators reviewed the photos and took her statement.

I saw that on WESH this evening, too. I thought Tim Miller said they weren't able to search that area because it was underwater. :confused: So, which is it? LE has said that they believe the bag had been there for a while, based on its condition. :confused:

One woman said off camera Wednesday that she was part of a Texas Equusearch team that scoured this area. She claims to have photographic evidence that proves the remains were not there when they searched. Investigators reviewed the photos and took her statement. Per WESH.

This is really going to hurt the case if these remains weren't there before KC went to jail. However I think they were. They may have floated up or down to where they are but I believe they were there. Also, some animal may have drug the bag to that spot from somewhere not too far away since the remains appear scattered.

I wouldn't be surprised that somehow KC told Lee where the body was and he moved it. Why he would move it here makes no sense tho. Why can't they believe that it floated in from somewhere else after the rains and hurricane?

Thanks to all for the links and input. I have NO DOUBTS that KC did this, but did someone help her move the remains?
Is it possible that the other people who saw her coming out of woods near railroad tracks and the lady who thought it was her frineds car etc, still be right.
And after the reports came in, the body was moved there by someone trying to cover for her? :confused:
There are a few that possibly would do this as we suspect.
Also the bag was left out in the elements and would look pretty much like it does now, it has been six months.

One woman said off camera Wednesday that she was part of a Texas Equusearch team that scoured this area. She claims to have photographic evidence that proves the remains were not there when they searched. Investigators reviewed the photos and took her statement. Per WESH.

This is really going to hurt the case if these remains weren't there before KC went to jail. However I think they were. They may have floated up or down to where they are but I believe they were there. Also, some animal may have drug the bag to that spot from somewhere not too far away since the remains appear scattered.

TM said THIS location was NOT searched by TES due to it being underwater, they started to and lost an ATV because of the flooding. We also don't know if THIS spot is where they lost the ATV or not. I will lean towards believing Tim more then "some woman".

ETA: I do not believe anyone moved the body. I think it was where she dumped it or close to it. The bag may have moved a few feet as it became lighter due to floating up a bit in the water and animals poking at it. JMO

Several times on Fox News in the last couple of days they have been showing the exact place reporters took photos of the first part of August and they said it was dry. No bag to be seen anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998