Armchair psych profile and personal background

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry to cross post but these threads have info running back and forth,I just posted this on the killvid thread,and it seems to relate to conversation here:

I read somewhere that Luka made bad postings about a gym/trainer who is beautiful and ethnic,might Luka and Jun Lin both have been facinated with this trainer? {sorry I don't remember the trainers name,I'll look,see edit below} but Jun at one point looked like he spent regular time in a gym ...and we know Luka had obsession about his own lack of muscles..{this also speaks to the notion that Jun Lin would seek to build muscle and Luka would only think to surgicaly paste them on } you rarely saw Luka post about another man ,except his "secret manager"
so I thought it was wierd that he would mention this trainer {who is middle eastern in appearence/and stunning btw}
**could Luka have suggested to Jun Lin that they make a sex tape to TRADE for services with this closeted gym trainer,since they were seemily like-obsessed with their physical bodies ??? thus Luka would have his victum and get back at some past mis-deed he saw with Nader involved?

EDIT:: you've all seen this but here it is again for refrence/it seems it was posted near the date of JL killing{nader eid has since taken down his website/s,all that is refrencable{sp} is this ripoff report }Luka had to know that this was the one thing that Nader would not be able to remove from the web himself right?? {because Luka was not able to remove his own bad reviews,working as Jimmy on the sex-trade report boards}
http://www.ripoffreport.com/franchis...-aja-cf970.htm

Note: This seemed the most appropriate thread to share this as my take is related to psychology and social trends

Luka Rocco Magnotta will likely be remembered as the individual who filmed, shared and hyped a murder he committed online (almost copying the methods the Zetas and "terrorist" groups use to showcase their murders/beheadings to the public but doing so as an individual).

Here in Chicago the news broke today that a group of savages like Magnotta beat a stranger to death on the streets of a semi-decent Chicago neighborhood and:
The attack was videotaped on the defendant’s cell phone by one of the other individuals and was later put on Jones' Facebook page, prosecutors said. Jones had given his phone to that person before confronting Mora.
Full Story from the Chicago Tribune: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-teen-charged-with-murder-in-beating-of-man-on-far-north-side-20120714,0,7433798.story

Your Thoughts: Will the actions committed and publicity received by Magnotta start a trend in showcasing horrors and sharing them through social media to get your 15 seconds of fame or will this just become the new norm?

Note: This seemed the most appropriate thread to share this as my take is related to psychology and social trends

Luka Rocco Magnotta will likely be remembered as the individual who filmed, shared and hyped a murder he committed online (almost copying the methods the Zetas and "terrorist" groups use to showcase their murders/beheadings to the public but doing so as an individual).

Here in Chicago the news broke today that a group of savages like Magnotta beat a stranger to death on the streets of a semi-decent Chicago neighborhood and:

Full Story from the Chicago Tribune: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-teen-charged-with-murder-in-beating-of-man-on-far-north-side-20120714,0,7433798.story

Your Thoughts: Will the actions committed and publicity received by Magnotta start a trend in showcasing horrors and sharing them through social media to get your 15 seconds of fame or will this just become the new norm?

What a disturbing story!
Unfortunately, I think this sort of thing will just become the new norm. It's been happening regarding bullying and fights with teens (even a rape at a teen party, a couple of years ago, in B.C)--where the teens don't even worry about their faces being shown. Now, it has just escalated, with people getting more brazen.

IMO, we can thank Youtube and cell phones...and FB. Technology.
A way for everyone to become famous for a split second, a film clip to go viral in an instant. No thoughts of consequences and repercussions.
Instant gratification--the reward for people with poor impulse control.

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere yet but...here we go again!
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...letter-to-magnotta/article4424213/?cmpid=rss1

An envelope addressed to Luka Rocco Magnotta which was later found to contain a suspicious powder prompted authorities Tuesday to shut down one of Canada’s biggest postal centres.

The incident began after an employee at the Montreal plant spotted Magnotta’s name as the addressee and brought the letter to a manager, said Alain Duguay, the president of the facility’s union local"

http://www.thespec.com/news/canada/...ed-killer-luka-magnotta-snarls-postal-service
"Police were called to the distribution centre, which handles much of the mail for Eastern Canada. Duguay said an officer unsealed the envelope to find a white powdery substance inside.

“That’s when they set up a security perimeter and quarantined some people,” he said of the police reaction, which involved about 15 employees and brought operations to a halt for two hours.

Police determined the substance was not dangerous, but four people — two workers and two managers — were treated for what Duguay described as adverse psychological reactions

http://www.thespec.com/news/canada/...ed-killer-luka-magnotta-snarls-postal-service
"Police were called to the distribution centre, which handles much of the mail for Eastern Canada. Duguay said an officer unsealed the envelope to find a white powdery substance inside.

“That’s when they set up a security perimeter and quarantined some people,” he said of the police reaction, which involved about 15 employees and brought operations to a halt for two hours.

Police determined the substance was not dangerous, but four people — two workers and two managers — were treated for what Duguay described as adverse psychological reactions

How stupid can people be?

1) detainees awaiting court appearances who haven't been convicted / sentenced cannot receive any letters.

2) all mail is opened in-house prior to being delivered to those who are sentenced at a permanent facility so 'magic powder' will never reach them.

Fools. Let justice run its course.

1) detainees awaiting court appearances who haven't been convicted / sentenced cannot receive any letters.

2) all mail is opened in-house prior to being delivered to those who are sentenced at a permanent facility so 'magic powder' will never reach them.

Are you certain they cannot receive letters prior to conviction/sentencing? That makes no sense to me because you're still considered innocent and that seems like a horrible punishment to me. Are prisoners at that point allowed to send mail?

And why would LE open it before it reached the prison? Was it perhaps addressed to his home address? Some 'tard probably thought it would get forwarded to him. :p

Is that a Canadian thing?? I know here in the states you can get mail immediately after you're locked up.

Are you certain they cannot receive letters prior to conviction/sentencing? That makes no sense to me because you're still considered innocent and that seems like a horrible punishment to me. Are prisoners at that point allowed to send mail?

Being in detention is considerably different than being permanently convicted / housed at a permanent facility. I was browsing one of the Lukas 'fan' blogs and a poster advised they contacted personnel at RDP who advised at their insititution, amongst many other places, if you're held without bail you cannot receive letters or anything else from outside while the case is pending. I wonder if this is perhaps different for more special cases like this. Visits, if even permitted, are highly restricted. In any event, EVERYTHING is inspected prior to reaching the person, if allowed, so, people can forget the anthrax.

Found a source here that mentions the same thing about letters while cases pending .....
"non il ne pourra pas en recevoir avant un moment, l'affaire est en cours..."
http://www.wikimapia.org/1719857/Rivière-des-Prairies-Detention-Center

Amazing generosity of spirit!
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2012/07/26/20030376.html
"In a statement, Lin's mother said she initially considered her son's killer to be a "devil."

But Rodriguez says Zhi Gui Du has since undergone a spiritual transformation through her terrible ordeal and was baptized as a Catholic in Montreal last week.

Du’s heart has also softened towards Magnotta, who had a troubled upbringing in Ontario.

"I shockingly discovered my other self, who has started to develop sympathy for this person," Du said.

"A troubled young person may bring negative impact to the society later on ... if we can show our care for them and offer them help when it's needed, I think we will be able to sustain a better society with love and harmony."

Lin's parents said they will establish a charity foundation in their son's name to help Canadian children in difficulty".

Amazing generosity of spirit!
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2012/07/26/20030376.html
"In a statement, Lin's mother said she initially considered her son's killer to be a "devil."

But Rodriguez says Zhi Gui Du has since undergone a spiritual transformation through her terrible ordeal and was baptized as a Catholic in Montreal last week.

Du’s heart has also softened towards Magnotta, who had a troubled upbringing in Ontario.

"I shockingly discovered my other self, who has started to develop sympathy for this person," Du said.

"A troubled young person may bring negative impact to the society later on ... if we can show our care for them and offer them help when it's needed, I think we will be able to sustain a better society with love and harmony."

Lin's parents said they will establish a charity foundation in their son's name to help Canadian children in difficulty".
WOW. What an amazing woman, and family. If only there were more people like this in the world, no doubt our world would be filled with fewer Lukas. Canada should feel honored by her gesture.

Regarding the link above posted by sillybilly:

If this research is relevant to the case, I cannot see how it could possibly be kept out of the trial.

:moo:

Further to sillybilly's link:

http://www.canada.com/life/Accused+...a+wants+study+kept+private/7006338/story.html

<<<The criminologists, Christine Bruckert and Colette Parent, both professors at the University of Ottawa whose research centres on the sex industry, also have filed a motion to keep the interview, seized by police, confidential.>>>

:what:

"Most of Magnotta's case file is sealed, including the search warrant executed at the law offices of Lex Canada in Toronto on June 22, three weeks after Magnotta was arrested at an Internet cafe in Berlin."

What would they want from a law office in Toronto to have to execute a search warrant?

Quoted from Haunted82:

<<< What would they want from a law office in Toronto to have to execute a search warrant? >>>

I don't know, but I'm about to research the law offices and see what I'm able to find.:what:

His lawyer, Luc Leclair, was contacted:

http://www2.canada.com/calgaryherald/iphone/news/latest/story.html?id=7006338

But in two separate motions presented in Superior Court on Friday, Magnotta and the professors state their intention to challenge the search warrant on the basis of "confidentiality privilege."

Reached in Toronto, Magnotta's lawyer, Luc Leclair, refused to comment on the motion, or on wether his client is in fact the "Jimmy" that was interviewed for research purposes.

The research was conducted by Adam McLeod, on behalf of Bruckert and Parent.

"Most of Magnotta's case file is sealed, including the search warrant executed at the law offices of Lex Canada in Toronto on June 22, three weeks after Magnotta was arrested at an Internet cafe in Berlin."

What would they want from a law office in Toronto to have to execute a search warrant?

There is a lawyer named Lex Canada? That sounds like the worst fake name ever; Magnotta probably thought that Lex Canada sounded like a *advertiser censored* name...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member