Armchair Psych Profile and Treatment

I think the theater location is further evidence of MI. Due to it not being very logical/rational if he thought the uni was at fault. You know, I was wondering last night whether anything else tramatic could have happened to him in or near the crime-ridden area he lived in. (I had been reading an aurora police blotter and looking at a map and it did seem to have its share of drugs and violent crime incidents). Being quiet and nerdy, he could have been a perhaps easy victim of crime and maybe the first gun was for personal protection. Absolutely NO EVIDENCE to support this, but I was also thinking about motive and why he'd be mad at the whole world, if that was even the case.

Interesting thought, since this was the crime ridden theater. (According to victims postings, and I think rollinginit posted a link yesterday about it.) Nerds do get mugged. My ex has been mugged 3 times in the middle of the day. We don't have a theory thread yet do we? Guess this fits psychological patterns.

I asked that question from the very beginning. Some speculated that it was probably the easiest target considering he withdrew from his program and no longer had access to the University. Furthermore, it was premiere night and the theatre would be a full. Dark with unsuspecting victims. He may have an obsession with "batman". No security system in place.

The big question is how did he know there would be no security? Had he staked out the theatre on previous nights? I guess this question should be asked on the other thread.

I thought this too. Fish in a barrel. :( Easiest way to create mass injury.

I thought this too. Fish in a barrel. :( Easiest way to create mass injury.

Exactly and that's why I'm still on the fence regarding his mental stability. The theatre as the chosen crime scene by the suspect, imo, shows premeditated and extreme indifference to human life.

He probably had no motive. He just wanted people to die and didn't care who. Men, women and children. No demographics either. He didn't care if they were black, white or other. If they were moms, dads, students, teachers, military, cops, etc.

I asked that question from the very beginning. Some speculated that it was probably the easiest target considering he withdrew from his program and no longer had access to the University. Furthermore, it was premiere night and the theatre would be a full. Dark with unsuspecting victims. He may have an obsession with "batman". No security system in place.

The big question is how did he know there would be no security? Had he staked out the theatre on previous nights? I guess this question should be asked on the other thread.

He only wouldn't have access to restricted areas. But there are plenty of open areas, where he would not need keys. And if he had a grudge against a particular person, he certainly could have gone after that person.
But if he what he wanted was a lot of victims, theater obviously makes a better choice.

Exactly and that's why I'm still on the fence regarding his mental stability. The theatre as the chosen crime scene by the suspect, imo, shows premeditated and extreme indifference to human life.

He probably had no motive. He just wanted people to die and didn't care who. Men, women and children. No demographics either. He didn't care if they were black, white or other. If they were moms, dads, students, teachers, military, cops, etc.

I pretty much agree with you (as always it seems) ~n/t~.

The one super slim possibility that crosses my thoughts at times is that someone he knew was in the theatre. I recall media reports (albeit unconfirmed) that Holmes had recently had a relationship with a girlfriend end; this potential causes me to sometimes wonder if she was the target. Like I said I don't give the possibility much weight but since it crosses my mind I thought I'd share it with all of you.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

Even if they were involved in research very early, at this stage a failure of research project wouldn't affect anything, because he would have barely picked an advisor. He would have years ahead of him to get research projects going and working. And they shouldn't be testing anything on themselves. Human research is strictly regulated.

Although i am not relating it to the Holmes case, I raise this to you JJenny in order to highlight recent moments in history where US Government programs conducted extensive research on humans and I'm curious to know if you are familiar with the countless examples which include:

- The Tuskegee syphilis experiment http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskeegee_Syphilis_Study

- Statesville Penitentiary Malaria StudyStateville Penitentiary Malaria Study - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

- The US Government's testing of nuclear radiation which led to the Advisory Committee on Human Radiation ExperimentsAdvisory Committee on Human Radiation Experiments - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

- Operation Midnight ClimaxOperation Midnight Climax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

- The Milgram Experimenthttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_Experiment

Hopefully you and other's might find the above links interesting regarding human experimentation. There are countless more examples.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

I pretty much agree with you (as always it seems) ~n/t~.

The one super slim possibility that crosses my thoughts at times is that someone he knew was in the theatre. I recall media reports (albeit unconfirmed) that Holmes had recently had a relationship with a girlfriend end; this potential causes me to sometimes wonder if she was the target. Like I said I don't give the possibility much weight but since it crosses my mind I thought I'd share it with all of you.

Hastings Chi, I keep wondering this too. I've been looking at various events calendars on campus to see if there was a group attending the Batman Premiere, but haven't found anything. Of course, shooting a baby sorta wipes out this theory a bit. If someone is targeting a specific group in a public place, I think they would be still have some compassion for the innocent in the audience, especially little children. Ugh. Sad.

I don't think he broke up with a girlfriend. In my opinion that is a false rumor. Daily mail claimed police chief eluded to it, but I can't find anything attributed to the chief himself.

Interesting thought, since this was the crime ridden theater. (According to victims postings, and I think rollinginit posted a link yesterday about it.) Nerds do get mugged. My ex has been mugged 3 times in the middle of the day. We don't have a theory thread yet do we? Guess this fits psychological patterns.

OT Alert!! Above BBM.. I just have to ask, mercy, is it the ex that makes his cigarette runs in his bath robe??..lol.. Again as I said I just had to ask as that is another mental image stuck in my mind from reading it way back when you posted of it:D..

My apologies for the slight veering OT.. And now back to our regularly scheduled broadcast already in progress;)

Don't know if this is accurate, but supposedly Loughner is going to plead guilty.
If Lougner is competent, no one is going to convince me JH isn't. I mean, look at Lougner's photo.

"Jared Loughner, the man accused of shooting Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and killing six others, will plead guilty Tuesday, a source familiar with the deal told Fox News."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/0...-giffords-shooting-report-says/#ixzz22dEpeI1S

Ruh-Roh! Things for Jimmy just took a nosedive to hell.. As in Loughner without a single shadow of a doubt is severely, debilitatingly mentally ill to the MAX!!.. Yet even he, as MI as we all know and do not doubt that HE DEFINITELY IS, even Loughner is not at a level by our criminal law standards that prohibits him from standing trial and/or being found guilty of murder..

Jimmy will have nothing to stand on, blame, or use as a crutch to not be held absolutely criminally liable for the premeditated murders.. Jmo, tho!

OT OT

WHAT is going on around this place:

Shooting at Sikh temple in Wisconsin leaves at least 7 dead, including gunman

How many more people can they fit in his head? It's not some clown car. Sorry, it seems JH doesn't have any connection to the joker anymore. That I do find really hard to believe. Any lingering satisfaction of manifesting your fantasy? How long can he not remember killing those people? I'm interested in what to think of JH being JH again, and surprised he's in jail.
He may, never, authentically , remember for real .....................

I guess for this case it is. 2 are FBI analysts, they want to know for future and past mass murderers and for this case, 2 for State, 2 for defense. The 2 for State and defense makes sense b/c both sides are going to use this for Court testimony, you know how arguing experts goes. Also, they need to be very, very certain they get it right.

However, I don't know how JH perceives it. It may be great to him and add to his accomplishment in his mind = his infamy. It may just make him want to play games with them = say nothing, act like a child, act like he's is off the walls, that will just slow the process down, they will see through it. It may just make him angry and he says nothing.
Respectfully,

him want to play games with them = say nothing, act like a child, act like he's is off the walls, that will just slow the process down,

your giving him to much orientation to reality...

I'm nervous. This is my first post here so please be gentle.

I've found a site where JH posted about the results of one of his research projects. I've asked a friend to basically tell me what he means and, basically, what he says is that the review means that the specific research project failed. And, he added, that a project like this would have been a major project and would have been a major blow to JH since it meant months of tedious work and research for naught, basically. I have no idea. I don't understand most of it.

What I did notice, however, is that if this is truly JH as he indicates on the site, his review of the research was posted in May 10, 2012 and was posted by "James Holmes" of "UC Denver." And, as such, could be our first indicator in the downward spiral he experienced academically and mentally prior to the June withdrawal.

I've quoted his review here...

Effective transferability to mESCs questionable
Application or Technique: Neural Stem Cell Differentiation
Cell Start attempted to be used in place of MEF feeder layer to maintain mESCs. Attached and grew on substrate. After applying multiple neural stem cell differentiation protocols, cells were not Sox1 GFP+ (neuronal stem cell marker). Suggests MEF provides some yet unknown factors in mESC maintenance not seen in Cell Start.

Link: http://reviews.invitrogen.com/1160/A1014201/reviews.htm
Awesome , cause it indicates duration of spiral, which is helpful timeframe as the whole nightmare unfolded.

Maybe to you it wouldn't be a big deal. Could be for someone not used to any type of failure.

If that is him.. doesn't sound like someone with schizophrenia...
Do not think he is gonna end up schizophrenic - check out schizo- affective - markedily different !

Don't know if this is accurate, but supposedly Loughner is going to plead guilty.
If Lougner is competent, no one is going to convince me JH isn't. I mean, look at Lougner's photo.

"Jared Loughner, the man accused of shooting Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and killing six others, will plead guilty Tuesday, a source familiar with the deal told Fox News."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/0...-giffords-shooting-report-says/#ixzz22dEpeI1S
I was so confused about it (whatever it is!) being for sale? Anyone know what "it" - is it something like devolped? For what?

well it seems Loughner is competent to plead in the GIfford case-so I don't think that will bode well for Mr. Holmes.
BUT you know what I wonder about this - if he is pleading guilty it might just be , for lack of a better word (!) "easier" to rule him competant - does that make sense?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back