Armchair Psych Profile and Treatment

I think it may be significant if it is related to the presentation that he was scheduled to make on May 8 regarding the Micro RNA Biomarkers. Are the two related? I have no idea. Maybe someone else does know and can enlighten us. It may as well be another language to this girl.

Also, it has been reported that the graduate students in the program were expected to navigate through three three-month rotations with different professors.

There is also the component of "failure" by someone who just isn't accustomed to it, which has been eloquently mentioned many times on this board.

Source: http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/07/22/holmes-gun-club-membership-rejected-over-bizarre-behavior/
These thing a ma bobs(!) are related to schizophrenia that I looked up a while back -- tie to Fenton?

Do not think he is gonna end up schizophrenic - check out schizo- affective - markedily different !

Interesting!

There's quite a few different types of schizophrenia, and it's not uncommon for symptoms to be overlapping of different types/disorders.

Have you read about Schizoid Personality Disorder also? He instantly came to mind when reading about it in my mental health nursing book.

http://psychcentral.com/disorders/sx30.htm

Interesting thought, since this was the crime ridden theater. (According to victims postings, and I think rollinginit posted a link yesterday about it.) Nerds do get mugged. My ex has been mugged 3 times in the middle of the day. We don't have a theory thread yet do we? Guess this fits psychological patterns.
21 --

that is absol hysterical --- some feelings here as it relates to X??

Nerds do get mugged. My ex has been mugged 3 times .....

I am crackin up !

F U N N Y !

Do not think he is gonna end up schizophrenic - check out schizo- affective - markedily different !

Based on my personal experience with a schizo affective And what i learned along the way, i just don't think someone with that diagnosis could excel academically as Holmes did or even function in society. If it was just manifesting for the first time, there should have been plenty of warning IMO.

Based on my personal experience with a schizo affective And what i learned along the way, i just don't think someone with that diagnosis could excel academically as Holmes did or even function in society. If it was just manifesting for the first time, there should have been plenty of warning IMO.
You gonna go schizophrenia?

BUT you know what I wonder about this - if he is pleading guilty it might just be , for lack of a better word (!) "easier" to rule him competant - does that make sense?

I think his mental illness is just a mitigating factor just as holmes's probable illness will be. Thats one reason he will not get death.Loughner was held until he was competent and he now understands the process- just as Holmes will. Jmho of course. I do think Holmes is mi I just don't think he is incompetent or insane.

You gonna go schizophrenia?

I would not even venture a guess as there is not nearly enough information available and what we do know may not even be accurate.
Not to mention I do not have a psych degree and have not had a chance to interview him yet. :)

I think his mental illness is just a mitigating factor just as holmes's probable illness will be. Thats one reason he will not get death.Loughner was held until he was competent and he now understands the process- just as Holmes will. Jmho of course. I do think Holmes is mi I just don't think he is incompetent or insane.
Or is it just being over medicated to the point to wherein noone (jury) can really, any longer see that they are just so MI?

JH will probably eventually end up pleading guilty, just as Loughner did. JMO

I would not even venture a guess as there is not nearly enough information available and what we do know may not even be accurate.
Not to mention I do not have a psych degree and have not had a chance to interview him yet. :)
Oh, that would be awesome , to interview him, although Luka, would probably be even more fascinating and challenging -- opppssss sorry!

I honestly think Loughner is pleading guilty just to avoid the DP. :)

At the hearing Tuesday morning in U.S. District Court in Tucson, psychiatric experts who have examined Loughner, 23, are scheduled to testify that they have concluded that despite wide swings in his mental capacity, at this time he comprehends what happened and acknowledges the gravity of the charges, according to two sources who spoke on condition of anonymity because the case was still unfolding.

The terms of the plea arrangement remained unclear Saturday on whether Loughner would admit guilt to all or some of the charges in return for a lengthy prison sentence rather than risk a potential death penalty verdict at trial.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-loughner-guilty-plea-20120804,0,4006905.story

OT Alert!! Above BBM.. I just have to ask, mercy, is it the ex that makes his cigarette runs in his bath robe??..lol.. Again as I said I just had to ask as that is another mental image stuck in my mind from reading it way back when you posted of it:D..

My apologies for the slight veering OT.. And now back to our regularly scheduled broadcast already in progress;)

Lol, yes, small man. Not wearing the bathrobe at the time though, just white shirt, black pants and shoes. (The bathrobe is laziness, too lazy to switch to a coat.)

He does not hold a grudge though. It just freaked him out. Now he only drives.

Some do hold grudges, sometimes an entire lifetime and take revenge. Don't know if that played into JH's acts or not.

Just so I understand. If a person is diagnosed as a schizophrenic, is that considered "insane"? After taking the required medication does a schizophrenic become "sane"?

In Lougheed's case for example, IF he was diagnosed with this mental illness and was prescribed the proper medication, did that make him suddenly realize what he had done was wrong?

I mean no disrespect to anyone suffering from schizophrenia or have family members with this illness and apologize if I'm not using the proper terms in my post.

What other Mental Illness would causes someone not to know the difference between what is real and not real? TIA

As we sleuth Holmes' psychology and potential catalysts for the horrific crimes he is charged with and having our sleuthing limited due to the gag order in place (which is limiting factual info trickling out and causing us to question the various leaks to the media), I must say some really interesting possibilities have been raised in this thread.

This morning while reading news report on a completely different topic I read about some surprising information about the drug Prozac that I had never known: the known side effects of Prozac include suicidal behavior, suicidal thoughts, Violent actions and reckless behavior.

While I initially thought that this was a bunch of malarkey, I found a plethora of credible sources that confirm this info that I thought I'd share with everyone:

Psychiatrist: Company hid Prozac, suicide link USA Today, 6 January 2005

Judge Agrees Prozac Made Teen A Killer Huffington Post 3 October 2011

The Perils of Prozac antidepressantsfacts.com

While we know nothing about any prescribed medication that Holmes may have been taking and I admittedly have absolutely no experience with Prozac or other antidepressants, I just thought I'd throw this info out there to the wonderful sounding board that is the WS community.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back