Armchair Psych Profile and Treatment

Respectfully, you have got to me kidding me - I would love to know not being rude and I mean it it is so befuddling to me your resistance to the whole thing in its entirity is NOT joker batman delsioion mental stuff--- how do you like start there?

Confuses me...... resistance there on your part , but what is the reason for the resistnace,

Better question, why is it so out of your realm that this is totally batman joker etc?

The Joker thing is the easy, spoon fed explanation that is easy for the mouthbreathers in the public to buy whereas the Holmes character is so much more complicated and complex to understand...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 2

The Joker thing is the easy, spoon fed explanation that is easy for the mouthbreathers in the public to buy whereas the Holmes character is so much more complicated and complex to understand...

Agreed.

There's also the fact that he did not act like the Joker whatsoever prior, during, or after the shooting.

Info on UC Denver Police ( link )

Every police officer is certified in the State of Colorado as a Level One Peace Officer, which gives them full police arrest and enforcement powers.

Which seems pretty standard. For example, University of California's campus police are certified by the state, and in our case, fall within the jurisdiction of the California State Highway Patrol.

He did not require being arrested he required a 911 call to be admitted into a hospital for an involuntary mental exam.
Police cannot do that his therapist could have and should have.

Good question, February!
There is a possibility of both, I think! JMO MOO and all that jazz

I think you might be mistaken, songline. Read Shadowraith's post #495 above and then mine, #497.

Sorry Shadow, didn't mean to step on your toes. I post like at turtle-neck speed rather than break-neck speed. ;)

I do not care what shadow has to say about it. I feel very strongly that it was miss handled.

Police cannot commit you for mental evaluation unless they were there to see why he should be committed.
His therapist should have committed him against his will.

I think the Batman thing was attached to by the press for ratings and a shocker story.

Explain to me, other than the hair (which is the wrong color), how he is this "Joker" entity? It's all speculation. There's no evidence leaning towards it at all. Everyone claims the hair... his hair isn't even the color of the Jokers hair.

No one from his past has even said he was obsessed with Batman, all I've heard is Guitar Hero.

All people are going on is second hand information from one statement and one alone.

I believe he targeted this movie simply because it was sold out all over the country and guaranteed to have a full house at night time.

I believe he is mentally ill. I do not believe he has a delusion where he thinks he is the Joker, and planned out this entire attack around Batman/Joker. Nope. Don't buy it.
What is amazing to me is the hair is last on my list. It started as the date time etc, then the comment i am joker (you doubt ok) but in getting more and more into it my lord there are so many things.

THe gas canasiters, the costume, (not bullet proof stuff a vest), the telling the cops about the apt just like joker, the sex posts (tie into *advertiser censored* theatre), oppsss did not have superman poster(!)

So are you saying that this is a mass murder, peroid wherein it would have happened anywhere ?

What is amazing to me is the hair is last on my list. It started as the date time etc, then the comment i am joker (you doubt ok) but in getting more and more into it my lord there are so many things.

THe gas canasiters, the costume, (not bullet proof stuff a vest), the telling the cops about the apt just like joker, the sex posts (tie into *advertiser censored* theatre), oppsss did not have superman poster(!)

So are you saying that this is a mass murder, peroid wherein it would have happened anywhere ?

The smoke/gas canisters? Nothing to do with joker. Joker occasionally used laughing gas, not tear gas/smoke grenades.

Costume? Not related to the joker at all. The joker does not wear a black assault vest, or black at all, in fact, he wears colorful outfits.

Sex posts on AdultFriendFinder tying into the *advertiser censored* theater? His personal ad? From a comic from before he was born, in a scene that had nothing to do with the Joker? Cmon now, that is a HUGE stretch.

The hair, not the same color even.

So all we have is this second hand report that he said he was the Joker when the police got there. Mind you, nothing else in his behavior parallels the Joker whatsoever.

I'll ask again, what exactly are you basing your knowledge of the Joker persona on? Because Holmes has not acted like him in any way really.

May I ask if you have ever read any of the Batman comics, watched the TV Show, or seen the movies? What exactly are you basing your knowledge of the Joker and his persona on?

(ps - the joker does not always succeed and is jailed a few times)
TV as a kid - no not into it at all but when I went to (the other day) looking for writers creations and back stories for the character it gave me the willy nilliyes i mean seriously look at the nuance he picked up JH in the character did you see the post with all the stuff really neat creepy stuff! as a whole piece!

You maybe right, cariis, but it is my opinion......he wanted a huge kill streak. Why do all this if it was not in his mind to kill as many people as he could? Mi or not, his intention was to kill.....and it was his intention to kill as many people as he could.

He picked his place, mi or not, bc he knew it would pretty much be like shooting fish in a barrel. He "may not have" cared about security, cops, or whoever else. I don't know. Seems to me he thought his plan out....or at least the pre plan then the killing plan.

He MAY have been mi, but to some degree...his brain functioned well enough to buy lots of guns, ammo, and rig his apartment. That will always be a part of this story that stands out.

As always.....this is just my 2 cents.
AYH ha! (smile now) James Holmes did not do any o fthis ....

It was the joker...............................that joker is smart and a planner!

TV as a kid - no not into it at all but when I went to (the other day) looking for writers creations and back stories for the character it gave me the willy nilliyes i mean seriously look at the nuance he picked up JH in the character did you see the post with all the stuff really neat creepy stuff! as a whole piece!

Like what?

I've read the comics my entire life.

JH has not acted like the Joker at all. Not before, during or after the shooting.

errr you sound like me on the other thread!
Yes, he bought so many ammunition so his intention was to kill as much as he can, why would he put his plan on risk by buying 6k ammo if all he wants is to kill 2-5 people, he doesnt need to carry 4 guns there too...no need to wear gas mask or whatsoever.....
AH hay again! (Smile again) the joker always carried lots of guns, dressed in a unique way, and was out to inflict as much mayhem as possible just like in his backstories since the 40's!

A ha! Smile one more time!

Yes, he bought so many ammunition so his intention was to kill as much as he can, why would he put his plan on risk by buying 6k ammo if all he wants is to kill 2-5 people, he doesnt need to carry 4 guns there too...no need to wear gas mask or whatsoever.....
James did not need all that the jokers likes that kind of stuff -- the stuff was not bullet proof it was a vest where ya could stick some stuff in it ----OUTFIT! that old look like the joker get up!

AH hay again! (Smile again) the joker always carried lots of guns, dressed in a unique way, and was out to inflict as much mayhem as possible just like in his backstories since the 40's!

The Joker most certainly did not always carry a lot of guns. Occasionally one revolver.

Don't know where you got that one from.

I think a lot of the ammo was actually used in his apartment for the booby traps.

One report said he had buckets full of ammo rigged up as well.

James did not need all that the jokers likes that kind of stuff -- the stuff was not bullet proof it was a vest where ya could stick some stuff in it ----OUTFIT! that old look like the joker get up!

How does this (along with an all black outfit):
blackhawk-urban-assault-vest-black.jpg

Look like this:
blur_joker.jpg

Hello!

i like your theory... simple --- he is mentally ill and a joker :)

i have lots of theories lol :pullhair: :pullhair: :pullhair:

The Joker most certainly did not always carry a lot of guns. Occasionally one revolver.

Don't know where you got that one from.

I can't fathom the notion that people would post things with no factual basis and could never imagine someone having their idea completely debunked by facts and still incoherently rambling about it... That could never happen, not here...
:D

A little ot but somewhat related............my daughter has dark hair like jh. I remember when she was 14 and her and her friends had a grand idea to make her a blonde. Lol. Trust me, it was NOWHERE near a pretty blonde. It was an orange color, just like jh's hair in court and the mugshot. Her hair is curly and thick....so the orange color was actually in splotches.

Jh's hair either looks like 3 things.......he put blonde dye in his dark hair...uh oh, he put some sun-in in his hair (that stuff will turn your hair orange) or he poured pure peroxide in his hair. maybe 4 if you count chlorine pool water that has excessive amounts in the pool.

I was just in walmart this morning looking at hair colors........there were NONE for orange hair. There was a bright red, blue, and a hot pink.

IMO...I think he was trying to dye his hair really blonde.

I do not care what shadow has to say about it. I feel very strongly that it was miss handled.
Actually, I didn't say anything about it in the aforementioned post, other than to post a link clarifying that campus police are considered "police" and that the university of california has a similar setup.

Regardless, I disagree that she necessarily needed to call 911, since she did contact campus police. The big however, is, I'm guessing, she contacted them in context of their BETA Team program, as opposed to contacting them to place him on a 72 hour hold.

That said, I would still like to hear more. For example, why she felt he might be a threat to others, but at the same time, chose not to put him on a 72 hour hold.

Hindsight is, unfortunately, 20/20, so am sure, even if/when we do learn what caused her to contact BETA Team members, there'll likely be disagreements wrt whether she should have gone to the next step (i.e., the 72 hour hold).

I personally, think he said/did something to scare her, and that she may have minimized her reaction... you know, the old "maybe I'm over reacting" second guessing. Hence, she contacted the BETA Team to touch base... reality check, so to speak. In the end, it's tough to tell. Again, hindsight is 20/20.

A little ot but somewhat related............my daughter has dark hair like jh. I remember when she was 14 and her and her friends had a grand idea to make her a blonde. Lol. Trust me, it was NOWHERE near a pretty blonde. It was an orange color, just like jh's hair in court and the mugshot. Her hair is curly and thick....so the orange color was actually in splotches.

Jh's hair either looks like 3 things.......he put blonde dye in his dark hair...uh oh, he put some sun-in in his hair (that stuff will turn your hair orange) or he poured pure peroxide in his hair. maybe 4 if you count chlorine pool water that has excessive amounts in the pool.

I was just in walmart this morning looking at hair colors........there were NONE for orange hair. There was a bright red, blue, and a hot pink.

IMO...I think he was trying to dye his hair really blonde.

I have dark hair myself and that is actually the color my hair turned when I tried to lighten it at home. Bright orange. you may be on to something there, lol

Actually, I didn't say anything about it in the aforementioned post, other than to post a link clarifying that campus police are considered "police" and that the university of california has a similar setup.

Regardless, I disagree that she necessarily needed to call 911, since she did contact campus police. The big however, is, I'm guessing, she contacted them in context of their BETA Team program, as opposed to contacting them to place him on a 72 hour hold.

That said, I would still like to hear more. For example, why she felt he might be a threat to others, but at the same time, chose not to put him on a 72 hour hold.

Hindsight is, unfortunately, 20/20, so am sure, even if/when we do learn what caused her to contact BETA Team members, there'll likely be disagreements wrt whether she should have gone to the next step (i.e., the 72 hour hold).

I personally, think he said/did something to scare her, and that she may have minimized her reaction... you know, the old "maybe I'm over reacting" second guessing. Hence, she contacted the BETA Team to touch base... reality check, so to speak. In the end, it's tough to tell. Again, hindsight is 20/20.

I agree. Right now, everyone can coulda/shoulda/woulda knowing what happened. But we have no idea what he told her that alarmed her, how much she knew, or how he was truly acting at the time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back