Armchair Psych Profile and Treatment

I Def do not buy a "snapped" notion what ya think?

We have so little info. I don't know, but I'm thinking some mind-altering substance (s) were involved maybe in combo with MI ??? Just not sure. I was thinking maybe he wanted to blow up the apt building because he was mad at those who lived there (or the immediate neighborhood). But Fitz wouldn't have really relocated him far.

Also, I think someone had proposed this thought when the explosives were found at his apartment. Perhaps he was looking for a second location to live while setting up the explosives since they took up a great deal of space.

That's right! I remember the discussion! Maybe he found it! Do you think he could have been living somewhere else from April on?

See , where I go with this dialog is backwards! Any movie theatre would have all those dynamics.We have to remember that this guy WAITED for some reason for like what 6 weeks.
He certainly had been preparing longer than that. All behavior has meaning - prparing to do something like this and being capable to just hold off ties something of singnigance to July, 20, to Batman, to the Joker,

last night learned that the Joker is not in the film this round that is huge in a deslusionial notion - he stepped in for the role and what did he do? eexactly what joker did in a movie theatre.

think about it waiting that long to do something this profound there is something in and of THAT itself no?

I think we are going to find out that this kid has been obsessed with Batman comics since he was little - you watch!

I am talking obsessed...........IMO

And i know iknow millions of batman posters are sold but guys ..........................

It was not the Joker who shot up the *advertiser censored* theater in the comic from 1986.

It was a random criminal.

That's right! I remember the discussion! Maybe he found it! Do you think he could have been living somewhere else from April on?

I don't think so…he had a package delivered on July 4.

This is my OPINION and nothing more….

Personally, I think he rigged the apt. the way he did because he wanted *whoever opened the door* to be responsible for their own death as well as everyone else in the building's death. I think he chose a PG13 movie because he knew there would be families there as well as people close to own his age. There seems, to me anyway, an element of choice in his actions. ie. open this door, you die - respect my privacy, you live…try to escape, you die - surrender, you live. He was dressed like a SWAT officer and busted in like a cop on a police raid, complete with guns and tear gas. He also told the police about the rigged apt so they wouldn't go in on their own. He did not resist arrest and he had a squeaky clean record - nothing but a speeding ticket. I think he liked and admired police…perhaps he wanted to become a cop instead of a scientist. Maybe that was his fantasy…

We have so little info. I don't know, but I'm thinking some mind-altering substance (s) were involved maybe in combo with MI ??? Just not sure. I was thinking maybe he wanted to blow up the apt building because he was mad at those who lived there (or the immediate neighborhood). But Fitz wouldn't have really relocated him far.

This is my OPINION…

Re: the apt….His actions remind me of a child getting even - rigging the apt. to blow, leaving the door unlocked and playing annoying music so that a "parent" will come...like parents do when they barge into a kid's room to tell them to turn the music down….

Not sure which thread is the best fit--seems like we need one for just "all things JH"...but I was wondering about this...didn't strike me as odd until later.

This article said that the Fitz Apt mgr. didn't approve his application for an apt. "last April." 2012? Why was he looking to move in April? Was he thinking of breaking his lease where he was on Paris Ave or was he looking to rent after the current one finished? Did he know back in April that he would be required to vacate 1690 Paris soon?

I checked the college student apartment web site. It's a place that helps college students find cheap apartments or houses/gives advice on the place/ and also post pictures of the apartments. There are NO postings about JH's apartment building or the other 2 that surround it. I wonder if it even has a name??

Anyway, from reading the apt web site.....most apartments (around that area) in Aurora are short lease or no lease. That's not that uncommon around college towns. Most of the floor plans that I looked at of apartments on or around Paris Street were small with short term leases.

I found when the apartment was up for sale and the ad that was placed.

It's 129 unit
Occupancy at 96%
In description:
"Buy Cash Flow" just West of Denver's Newest and Largest Development...the Fitzsimons Redevelopment aka the Anschutz/CU Medical Campus. A HUGE driver for capital appreciation in the form of 500 acres and 32,000 projected jobs, and a new light rail station also!

The offering is made up of 11 assets - 8 of which are on one block, with the other 3 several blocks over. The buildings are predominantly 12u properties along with and 8u and a 13u. The buildings are a seamless acquisition opportunity for any buyer as they've been maintained well over the years by a "hands on" owner. All the rooves have been recently inspected and improved as needed and most of buildings have dual-pane, vinyl windows. The units have been historically updated as they've turned over...newer flooring, surfaces and kitchen/bath appointments. Also, every building has a blacktop parking lot that has just been repaired
http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1684...y=&PgCxtCurFLKey=PropertyRecord&PgCxtDir=Down

Do we know when JH moved into his last apartment? Could have been a 6 month lease, 3 month lease, or month to month.

I have read over and over again, that your daughter outfoxed the cops from involuntary committing her....and this guy is different. How? Did you sue the law enforcement officers that took you away and not her?

READ again...
I did call 911… We did get to the Hospital Emergency... She did have them examine me... They did apologize for the mix up and they do know MI people reverse the situation. Master BS artists.
NO the copes did not take me away. They almost did. Ambulance took all of us.
NO I did not need to sue anyone for not getting my kid to the hospital, I GOT HER THERE.
So had JH been under 72 hours involuntary... They would have known exactly what is wrong with him.

Are MI people afraid of hospitals YES. They are afraid of being committed.

IS it tricky – yes. Was he in a school that specialized in the mind… YES…

NOT SAME AT ALL. :D

Maybe jh was jealous of his talented sister. She's the one that has all the YouTube videos...."Chris Holmes" she even has one song called "walking on death row"....she actually looks almost like him.

I will search for that link somewhere that somebody posted....in it one of jh's friends said he didn't like his sister.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/23/us-usa-shooting-denver-profile-idUSBRE86M02A20120723

Here is the news article with the song and video in it
http://fox8.com/2012/07/31/colorado-shooting-suspects-sister-writes-walking-down-death-row-song/

Uh, I just checked. Her YouTube account was deactivate.

Just found this, and have no idea as to the credibility but take it with some gigantic rocks of salt.

7/21/2012 -- FBI theater attack warning issued on May 17, 2012

[video=youtube;O9aVMfYR8to]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9aVMfYR8to[/video]

Disclaimer: Posting does not = endorsement

FBI theater attack warning issued on May 17, 2012

I don't get the significance of this. So the FBI issued a warning to be alert to terrorism in public places and then removed the link to their web site? What is he trying to say? That the FBI knew in advance that JH would do this? I don't get it.

I don't get the significance of this. So the FBI issued a warning to be alert to terrorism in public places and then removed the link to their web site? What is he trying to say? That the FBI knew in advance that JH would do this? I don't get it.

:dunno:

Interview with a former police officer (Chris), a survivor of the Aurora Theater shooting (Cody), a psychiatrist (Dr Harvey Dondershine, and a psychologist (Dr. Peggy Norwood):

Dr Norwood, discusses the statute, as it pertains to Colorado, and stated, "There needs to be a threat of serious danger, of violence, to a specifically identifiable victims. So if someone says, "I feel like going out and killing someone", that's vague. There would have to be an identifiable victim, and then the doctor would have to take reasonable care to protect that victim; either through warning them; notifying police or other measures.

When you're in a therapy session, it's based on the principle of confidentiality and that's really a hallmark of psychotherapy. There is a need to explain up front to the patient that there are limits of confidentiality - that if the client shares that they are in imminent danger of harming themselves or others, there would be an obligation to violate confidentiality. If there were a court order, confidentiality has to be violated.

This ends Dr. Norwood's opining on Colorado Law as it relates to violating patient confidentiality. At least up to the point I stopped listening.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...enton-james-holmes-panel-video_n_1752692.html

I only listened to about the first 6 minutes. If you listen and there is anything else of interest to note, please feel free to post. Notice I didn't put what Dr Norwood said in quotes because it may not be exactly verbatim. It's close though.

The FBI and homeland security issue warnings like this periodically; the history of terrorism across the globe includes frequent targeting of and attacks on theatres, schools and public transportation.

I think they issue such warnings just to remind people that such things are always a possibility and to not forget that the threat of terrorism always exists. Frankly I think many people are surprised that in the last 10 years such attacks haven't occurred in the US by foreign terrorists.

That being said, they probably thought it was a good idea to remove the warning from their site so they would not be perceived to have a prior warning. But, by removing it they actually seem suspect to some.

It is odd that with a warning issued that the Century 16 still thought it was a good idea to not have any security on duty or monitor emergency exits the night of the attack. Seems like such a warning would spur area theaters to be extra vigilant about security...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 2

Interview with a former police officer (Chris), a survivor of the Aurora Theater shooting (Cody), a psychiatrist (Dr Harvey Dondershine, and a psychologist (Dr. Peggy Norwood):

Dr Norwood, discusses the statute, as it pertains to Colorado, and stated, "There needs to be a threat of serious danger, of violence, to a specifically identifiable victims. So if someone says, "I feel like going out and killing someone", that's vague. There would have to be an identifiable victim, and then the doctor would have to take reasonable care to protect that victim; either through warning them; notifying police or other measures.

When you're in a therapy session, it's based on the principle of confidentiality and that's really a hallmark of psychotherapy. There is a need to explain up front to the patient that there are limits of confidentiality - that if the client shares that they are in imminent danger of harming themselves or others, there would be an obligation to violate confidentiality. If there were a court order, confidentiality has to be violated.

This ends Dr. Norwood's opining on Colorado Law as it relates to violating patient confidentiality. At least up to the point I stopped listening.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...enton-james-holmes-panel-video_n_1752692.html

I only listened to about the first 6 minutes. If you listen and there is anything else of interest to note, please feel free to post. Notice I didn't put what Dr Norwood said in quotes because it may not be exactly verbatim. It's close though.

Don’t totally agree...He has to be a "danger to self or others".

There was a homeless guy Screaming I am going to kill the MF I am going to kill the MF.
the cops called 911 and had an ambulance pick him up.
the homeless guy was not screaming which MF he will be killing but he was acting wild
and maybe out of balance.
I don’t know exactly what happened but the Ambulance was from Bellevue Hospital
known mostly as a mental hospital, but it is also a general hospital.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back