ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#24

Status
Not open for further replies.
But as Magda says; I said Babe, I said Hon, I said Chick - what do you think?

Otherwise I am going to dedicate those famous words from Desperado to you;

Desperado, why don't you come to your senses?
You been out ridin' fences for so long now
Oh, you're a hard one
I know that you got your reasons etc., etc. IMO

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/eagles/desperado.html

Oh I love that song..Who are you dedicating that to??(not GBC?)

No you're not wrong Bayside. I grabbed the screencap of the account details from the video. Maybe I should have blurred them out? :waitasec:

Ok good thanks, I was wrong once back in the 80's and I didnt want it to happen again lolol.

Sorry mani but shouldn't that song be dedicated to unfolding koppers truth???...lol.

ROFL :floorlaugh:

Well we could make a good play on words here Marly;

It is the koppers (sorry QPS, artistic license used here, no offence meant) tenacity which will unfold the truth and I guess there is only room for one Desperado in this western!

Well for a start Defense is spelt Defence here..

Edited to add, I was referring to makara's post showing the email with the account details

I'm wondering how many people are aware that for any eft payments, account names are never cross checked?
The BSB, Account and Swift code are all correct for that bank, well the bsb and swift is, and all their account numbers are 9 digits long.
That could be any one of their personal banking or business accounts, could be, just saying is all....

I'm wondering how many people are aware that for any eft payments, account names are never cross checked?
The BSB, Account and Swift code are all correct for that bank, well the bsb and swift is, and all their account numbers are 9 digits long.
That could be any one of their personal banking or business accounts, could be, just saying is all....

Yeah, maybe the BC's are trying to raise enough money so that they can shoot through while GBC's in jail. Probably don't want to let on they even know him. :what: :jail:

Exactly, I mentioned that before that the account name is not important for eft payments.

I am tempted to transfer 1cent with a little message in the reference .

As for the email from Olivia and her husband suggesting that on the balance of probabilities of the evidence that the charges would be dropped, surely when the Police arrested GBC and at his first court hearing if there wasnt some reasonable prima facie evidence to suggest his guilt the Magistrate would have listened long and hard to GBCs Lawyers and had the charges dropped there and then and instructed the Police to get more evidence before proceeding with any other arrest of GBC.

I am not a lawyer, could be wrong, perhaps Hawkins can answer this one.

I am not a lawyer. But I am not really sure that evidence would have been tabled at that first appearance..it was too brief. The hearing lasted less than 1 minute..http://heraldsun.com.au/news/gerard-baden-clay-faces-a-three-year-wait-to-face-court-over-the-murder-of-his-wife-alison-baden-clay/story-e6frf7jo-1226394951146

Exactly, I mentioned that before that the account name is not important for eft payments.

lol..I'm guessing you can't post here what your message would be??

sorry Bayside, didn't see your post until after I had posted.
I'm also tempted
account name - anything to arouse *Echelon*

As for the email from Olivia and her husband suggesting that on the balance of probabilities of the evidence that the charges would be dropped, surely when the Police arrested GBC and at his first court hearing if there wasnt some reasonable prima facie evidence to suggest his guilt the Magistrate would have listened long and hard to GBCs Lawyers and had the charges dropped there and then and instructed the Police to get more evidence before proceeding with any other arrest of GBC.

I am not a lawyer, could be wrong, perhaps Hawkins can answer this one.

'on the balance of probabilities' is a legal term, not OW's words. This is the level of proof required in civil matters or in bail applications for murder. So the prosectuion will have to show that on the balance of probabilities it is more likely GBC committed murder than not.

Looks like OW is going to become the paralegal/support person for her brother. Good on her for being a devoted sister. If she really believes he is innocent well I can understand what she is doing.

But I really feel it's wrong to ask the public for money, especially when there are 3 little girls needing support for their entire future.

But as someone said, people have mortgaged their homes to pay for legals for family members.

Can anyone tell us if bail money has to be available upfront? Isn't that what a surety is? So you forfeit it if the person absconds? Not sure what happens to it if they don't abscond, is it refundable in full?

In response to people assuming 'the Tsv church' has been asked to donate to the GBC bail fund- this is not true. If this leaked email is authentic, it has only been sent to select
family and friends (obviously not all appreciated or shared in the idea). The members of the church were not sent this email. I think this would cause division if the church were to agree to any payment from church funds. The Waltons genuinely believe he is innocent and are trying to help him the best way they can think of IMO.

Dodgy spelling and grammar in that email Ella - any chance it's a Nigerian scam?

you know the thought crossed my mind of another scam I have seen.. COmes from a friends email address and states they (your friend whos email it is) are overseas and in trouble and need you to send money. However this is a little more specific on why they need it.- not overseas without money.. Surely Channel 10 would not be stupid enough to publish that to air without checking.. Then again I do remember the 'choppergate' with channel 9(daniel morcombe case..chopper sitting on the helipad when supposedly flying over sunshine coast.) Not the same thing but..

What do you think tomorrow will bring?

Nobody has wished GBC luck for tomorrow. :lol:

Initially I was thinking that there was a possibility that GBC would be granted bail, although *DH disagrees. If the email from the Waltons is legit and there is a problem coming up with the money for legal representation, my feeling is that the bail hearing will be deferred.

*DH = Darling Heart, Dear Husband or *advertiser censored*. (It depends on how he feels on any given day). :floorlaugh:

MOO.

In response to people assuming 'the Tsv church' has been asked to donate to the GBC bail fund- this is not true. If this leaked email is authentic, it has only been sent to select
family and friends (obviously not all appreciated or shared in the idea). The members of the church were not sent this email. I think this would cause division if the church were to agree to any payment from church funds. The Waltons genuinely believe he is innocent and are trying to help him the best way they can think of IMO.

So you think MOO that it reeks is shortsighted?

Waiting to see if Courier Mail or anyone else picks up on the email...will they or won't they??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288