*Arrest* Holly Bobo investigation- TBI press conference 5 March 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Just wow. She was very fortunate then. And makes me wonder if there were others.

I hope not but I can't believe that there aren't others. Hopefully, now they will come forward.

:please:

I hope he is jonesing so bad he can hardly stand it. That's just the start of what I wish upon him :banghead:

With what I've read hear and in MSN there is a lot more to this than the TBI is telling the public which is good. I did read before anything today was said to the public the Bobo's were told and they were devastated . My thoughts and prayers go out to them and their family tonight . I read a tweet from Whitney Duncan where they are all heartbroken .
HOLLY R I P
Another Angel has been in heaven for sometime now

I guess I will try to turn in early. Exhausted. Glad I had all you fine folks to endure this roller coaster ride with today. Thoughts of the Bobo family weigh heavily on us all right now. If I cant sleep I may be back. Night all :seeya: Stay safe. RIP Holly. I believe your almost home :please:

Maybe they are not telling any details because they don't want to reveal their hand to other potential suspects.

tumblr_m2rmcnOb2j1qe2rrbo1_500.gif

More guests reading than members right now. Join us...all 105 of you!

I keep thinking of Holly's brother and how he must be feeling "if only"...... I don't know I would have done anything different from what he did, thinking she was walking off with someone she knew so there was no immediate red flag.

So many heavy hearts tonight. Thinking of all the Bobo family and how devastating to lose that last bit of hope for their daughter to be back with them. Emotions running a bit rampant on me this evening.

rest peacefully, Holly.

The Tennessee Anti-Meth Production (TAMP) Act would limit the amount of pseudo*ephedrine or ephedrine in products that a consumer can purchase to 2.4 grams in a 30-day period, down from the current 9 grams per 30 days.*

This proposal would effectively give Tennessee the lowest state limit in the United States. Two states, Oregon and Mississippi, require a prescription for all pseudoephedrine or ephedrine products. The current lowest state limits are in Alaska and Minnesota, which limit the amount of pseudoephedrine or ephedrine that a person can buy to 6 grams per 30 days.*

Lab seizures and meth use have affected many aspects of Tennesseans’ lives. Two hundred sixty-six children were removed by the Department of Children’s Services from homes because of meth-related incidents in 2013 at an estimated cost of more than $7 million. The state spends approximately $2 million annually on meth lab cleanup, and in 2013, 1,691 labs were seized in Tennessee.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...limit-pseudoephedrine-access-by-illegal-users

*advertiser censored* and drugs - precursors to crime and deviancy

On Saturday morning an out-of-state volunteer searcher asked, "What would you expect to see as you pulled off the highway and drove into the town of Parsons?"

My initial response, "A church."

The volunteer said that's exactly what he would have expected, too. "I expected to see a little white church with a very high steeple on every corner," he said.

Instead, he said when he took the exit off I-40 at Hwy 69 the first building he observed was a *advertiser censored* toy and stip club shop - somewhat of a sex emporium in a building that reminded him of a big fireworks warehouse.

He said he saw about 200 cars in the parking lot - this was just before noon on a Saturday morning. A short drive from there was the University of Tennessee Martin Nursing satelite school that Holly Bobo attended.

http://www.examiner.com/article/hol...mes-to-small-tight-knit-community-safety-tips

Since he was into Meth,m could he have kidnapped and raped her and then killed her with a fatal overdose of Meth, and they found traces of that in the search?

This is a good time to discuss something important ~ Do not let a person remove you from your property without a fight. If there is anyway you can stay with your house, car, etc., do it. If someone is there that could hear you or help you, fight.
IF ZA had a knife, and I suspect he did and this is how Holly's blood ended up at the scene, she might could have screamed, cried, kicked and fought in the carport/garage area. Its a tough call to decide what to do at the moment. But once a perp removes you from the scene, your chances of survival go way down.
Something to think about ahead of time...because this happened suddenly and caught Holly off-guard. She was likely startled and dropped her drink can. Maybe when Clint thought he heard Holly say, "No, why," ZA was asking is there anybody here. Maybe Holly thought she could handle the situation...and talk ZA down a bit. I might think that too.

But strictly going by statistics, do not let an abductor get you in his vehicle unless he has a gun. With a knife, you have a chance to fight and run.
Just food for thought.
I'm sick.

Even if they have a gun don't go. Your chances of being shot out in the open are a lot less than if you go with a perp.

I am so glad to see an arrest in this case.

I had pretty much reconciled with the idea that we'd never know what happened to Holly. I'm glad that I was wrong and that there's been an arrest. I hope Holly's family is able to put her to rest properly.

Sending love and light to Holly's friends and the Bobos, especially Clint.

Since he was into Meth,m could he have kidnapped and raped her and then killed her with a fatal overdose of Meth, and they found traces of that in the search?

Anything is possible, but I doubt any meth user (or cooker) would "waste" any of their stash of meth on killing someone. There are plenty of other ways to kill someone without using some of the drugs a meth user would be looking forward to using or selling.

Just an amazing turn of events that all seemed to happen in a blink of an eye once it got started. Thoughts and prayers out to the Bobo family first and foremost.

Having just caught up yet again, I have to say, LE must have some really solid evidence that establishes death and ties it to ZA. The DA's job is not going to be an easy one in this case. So many people pointing the fingers at so many other people for so many years have done half of the job for any defense lawyer. Just pick the best one or two options and run with them. That's one reason why dealing in rumors and gossip does no good. At some point the stories legitimize themselves and give ammunition to poke holes at the prosecution's case. The GJ decision doesn't give me the confidence because that is expected. The DA making the decision to take it to the GJ gives me the confidence that they have a whole heck of a lot more than we can imagine.

Regarding other arrests, the other thing to consider that I don't think was mentioned is they may be trying to sift through whether or not any persons are accessories after the fact or helped cover the crime up. Maybe not involved in the actual taking and killing, but knew and took steps to help conceal the crime afterwards. I wouldn't be surprised if others are arrested as active participants, but I would be even less surprised if others aren't charged with covering up the crime after the fact.

If HS truly believes ZA matches her attacker, I truly worry that there are others out there. If he was involved in the HS attack, it obviously wasn't a case of Holly knowing something that could be used against ZA. It's a case of ZA being yet another sick you know what that gets his "excitement" from controlling, dominating and exerting the ultimate power over a helpless victim. What a coward.

Some full blown narcissists do cop pleas. The Mickey Shunick case is an example. The difficulty will be, though, that the state will have to put a full blown press on still, keep the pressure up, make it appear that more and more is coming out and that the death penalty is inevitable. At that point, he will believe saving his own *advertiser censored* is the most important thing and that somehow, not allowing the state to kill him is a victory for him in some warped way.

I would be surprised, though, if he gave a full confession. I could see him spouting his mouth to others though. He appears to be smug and arrogant and the longer this case seemed to go no where and the more of a cluster frick it became, I can see him getting cockier and cockier that he beat the system yet again and made the mistake of making some comment to someone who wouldn't keep his secret.

At this point, I really hope that the DA and LE take a page out of the Shunick book. It seemed like as soon as the buzz of one piece of new information came out, another fact was being disclosed. It kept the pressure cooker boiling and I think played a large part in the ultimate plea and confession. If they simply allow things to go quiet, yeah, I'd be surprised if he pleads out.

Another thing to consider, if they haven't actually found Holly, would you offer a plea agreement that gives him life without parole in exchange for not only a full confession obviously but also in return for him taking LE to Holly so her family can bring her home.

Thanks. I thought someone was saying she was killed when he was in the process of kidnapping her at her home. That is the part that confused me as if it all happened at the same time.:)

I think there were stages in the process.

Kidnapped her first.
Took her to another location (probably his home since no one lived there but him I think)
Bound and gagged her.
Raped her for a certain period of time.
Murdered her and discarded her body thereafter.

IMO

Where is the link stating that he did all of this stuff. I thought it was a sealed indictment? I'm sorry but I didn't know they released any facts.

Whether it is done here by us, or the media someone needs to dissect this creeps life. Every time he was arrested, for what, what was his punishment or sentence and finally by what Judge in whatever county. A complete timeline. All 25 or whatever arrests.

What happened to Holly is criminal. We all know this too well. But how the Judicial system in TN has failed is as criminal, in my opinion. I know there is no way to "sue" for damages, but to maybe embarrass some of these Judges that handed out some of these ludicrous punishments for such a repeat offender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998