***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

Discussion in 'Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads' started by SoSueMe, Jul 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EBR

EBR New Member

Tomorrow at the press conference we will hopefully know if he ran over her right in front of the circle k and got out and put her bike and her into his truck and LE released a photo of all this.

2. cajngrl02

cajngrl02 New Member

I wonder if he was on probation, and if so, where his probation officer has been? Just a question.

3. BayouBelle_LA

BayouBelle_LA Well-Known Member

KLFY interviewed Lavergne's neighboor and she said he worked offshore.

4. Island hopper

Island hopper New Member

Wood Group also has a location in Gretna at that address.

5. Jefferson

Jefferson Former Member

Means he was convicted in the 13th JDC which is Evangeline Parish and is adjacent to where he lives now. Must be the aggravated sexual battery. And he lost his appeals.

6. Creole Sleuth

Creole Sleuth just me kicking around a few thoughts

Great link! Thank you!

7. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

I think they may have been on to this guy for quite awhile now. Which is why they stopped asking the public to help to locate the truck, etc. Maybe they already put this guy on their radar and have been trying to get the evidence together.

8. ktgirl

ktgirl Verified College Instructor

Per his RSO site (if you access it through the St. Landry Parish Sheriff's Office), he has been off of probation since 2010....so no probation officer has been checking in on him since then.

I hope that there's a live Mickey that was found in that travel trailer behind the mobile home the news cameras are at & somewhere she's being given medical treatment, telling the police what happened, and hugging her parents and siblings.
    But if not (and this is THE perp), I hope there's a HE** of a lot of forensic evidence on his property including her remains (I'd hate him to have that bargaining chip at trial and I want her to come home even if she can't come home alive).

9. Island hopper

Island hopper New Member

Whether or not this happened which seems more and more unlikely....LE would release a still of an actual crime if it is the only way to identify a person or vehicle of interest.

In my area, LE released a video of a man being shot in a parking lot so that the public may be able to recognize the shooter and/or getaway car. It was all right there on the video. It was an actual murder caught on video. Although, police did state it as so as their was the body right there.

10. Island hopper

Island hopper New Member

This is exactly what I have thought for some time and, for the most part, stopped reading the threads because I knew something was going to happen soon.

11. spartanmom

spartanmom New Member

That is the first thing that came to my mind also, just didn't know if we could post it!!! They also stated that we would find out this week,....the girlfriend was talking. Anybody remember?????

12. BayouBelle_LA

There's a travel trailer at the scene that belongs to the Lafayette crime department.

13. megsy

megsy New Member

14. Nandee63

Nandee63 Member

exactly!

15. megsy

megsy New Member

I'm not sure that's true. It says last verification is 5/28/12

16. Nandee63

Nandee63 Member

Even though he has been off of probation since 2010 for the conviction which got him a record simply means he no longer reports to a PO (probation officer). The fact that he is a lifetime registered sex offender still requires annual verification of his address, place of employment, vehicles owned/driven, etc.

17. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

100 members and 288 guests aboard the thread right now; a bit more full than it has been!

18. BayouBelle_LA

The entire thread was deleted not long after. I don't know if they ever put it back up.

19. ktgirl

ktgirl Verified College Instructor

True- I guess what I shoudl have said is that no probation officer had been checking on him since 2010. I edited my above post to say that. :)

20. K.jill

K.jill Well-Known Member

Ummm aaaa can any one tell me in a discrete way...what is aggravated oral sexual battery?
    I know what aggravated battery is and what oral is. Never heard of it before. In my book that would be considered rape..is that a common charge for rso's?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.