Arrow Trucking Company shuts down 3 days before christmas leaving drivers stranded

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by jnTexas, Dec 23, 2009.

1. jnTexas

jnTexas Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7184543

there is more at the link

2. Loading...

3. jnTexas

jnTexas Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/1209/689921.html

4. STEADFAST

STEADFAST New Member

The founder of Arrow Trucking, Jim Pielsticker, died in a plane crash in 2001. "Carol Pielsticker, widow of company founder Jim Pielsticker and mother of CEO Doug Pielsticker, owns Arrow." http://www.answers.com/topic/arrow-trucking-company

From July 2009 edition of Arrow's employee magazine, En Route:
    219 comments on this story about Arrow Trucking, and many, many critical of Doug Pielsticker and what they call his lavish lifestyle, trophy wife (formerly -- according to commenters -- the nanny), and spoiled-ness. Not one of the comments is favorable towards him. Everyone that has commented on his late father, founder of the company, agrees that he was a fine man.
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/...&articleid=20091222_54_0_Employ24561&allcom=1

5. Roselvr

Roselvr Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

Wow. Talk about a bunch of a$$h0les...

Sent the link to my hubby & his trucker friends.
    They work for Allied, who has their own problems.

6. not_my_kids

not_my_kids New Member

Gee, how I would love to be surprised.

My ex's dad drove for Arrow, he fell off a truck in Pennsylvania, shattered his elbow; not surprising, since there were several inches of ice on everything. Mind you, the only thing he broke was himself, the truck and load were fine. They fired him on the spot anyway, although he had done nothing wrong, took the truck (and his personal items in it) and left him stranded 1200 miles from home, literally, on the side of the road in 10 degree weather, with a broken arm.

This doesn't surprise me. And I'm not surprised they are now too cowardly to face all the people they screwed.

7. SunnieRN

SunnieRN Active Member

That is horrible! I hope his arm healed ok. Delay of treatment can cause further problems. What a nice "howdy do" he got, poor guy.

8. Melanie

Melanie Inactive

Well what a nice Christmas bonus that was! Buttheads!

9. LaLaw2000

LaLaw2000 Louisiana

I hate it for these guys and their families. The truckers are, for the most part, good, honest people who are just earning a living for themselves and their families.

I will never forget a trucker that helped me when I had a flat tire just outside of Atlanta when I was driving back from Virginia. It was at night and very cold. He took care of everything and did not want to take any money for having changed the tire for me. I forced him to, tho.

Karma will get these trucking company owners. To do this a few days before Christmas is unbelievable! I do not wish them a Merry Christmas.

10. STEADFAST

STEADFAST New Member

I sure hope the owners of this company get what's coming to them. They seemed to be uncaring, incompetent and greedy before, but now it looks like they may turn out to be crooks, too.

11. montana_16

montana_16 Active Member

What a horrible story. Heartless #%&$&*$@%s!

12. Stoshie

Stoshie New Member

13. Stoshie

Stoshie New Member