Aruba - Natalee Holloway, 18, Oranjestad, 30 May 2005 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off my dear I don't remember this at all Natalee asking her dad for money

A trip to Aruba, a tradition Mountain Brook seniors, ...
... the entire year looking forward to.
I just re read Loving Natalee.
Beth was also concerned and had long talks with Natalee about the trip..
Do you have a link for this information about
Dave not wanting her to go? Or that he just didn't want to give her any money.
Second you spelled her name wrong it's Natalee

Natalee Holloway’s Father Reveals That He Tried To Prevent Her From Going To Aruba

Sadly, as it turns out, had Dave gotten his way, his daughter would have never gone to Aruba in the first place. “I came from the old school and when I graduated [from high school] you went to the state park or whatever,” Dave EXCLUSIVELY tells HollywoodLife.com. “And I’ve always been real conservative and of course her mother Beth and I divorced when they were very young, and I’ve always been real concerned about that.

She approached me two days before she was supposed to turn her paperwork in and said, ‘Hey, Dad I need $500 bucks to go on my senior class trip,’” Dave tells HollywoodLife.com. ”And I said, well, where are you going? She said, “We’re going to Aruba!” I said, what? I didn’t even know where Aruba was and I told her I’m not supporting that. It’s just too much. It’s too extravagant for a bunch of kids to go somewhere, it’s not happening.”

“I put my foot down then, and of course I found out later that she went ahead and got her mom to sign her up,” Dave added. “I found out about it a few days before the graduation trip and I felt a little guilty. I said, ‘okay. Here’s your money and your spending money.’ And I kind of conceded and laid the blessing on her. She made a call to the house later on and thanked me for the money I had given her.

When Natalee called to thank her father, she spoke with his wife, Robin, that Dave says gave the “parental speech” of being careful when going out of the country. Natalee reassured her that she “would be okay with all of her classmates and chaperones,” Dave said. “Robin said, ‘just be careful. You’re going on a trip, just be contentious of your surroundings’ … and you see what happened.”

http://hollywoodlife.com/2017/08/19/natalee-holloway-father-aruba-trip-disappearance-missing/

What bothers me most about this case is Natalie went to her father for money for this trip and he did not approve of her going there so then she went to her mother who gave her money for it. Her mother should have known better, big time. This was no trip for a high-schooler. If only her mother would have agreed with him. I realized they were divorced so they were not together in this. SAD. Broken homes don't work. JMO

the graduating class from mountainbrook had gone to aruba for years with no issues. this was a huge one-off.

I see now this information came from Dave's book that I never read
attachment.php

Aruba: The Tragic Untold Story of Natalee Hol…(Hardcover)

by Dave Holloway, Larry Garrison

Attachments

• the trip.PNG
    the trip.PNG
    118.2 KB · Views: 155

Natalee Holloway's dad defends controversial Oxygen series following ex-wife's $35M lawsuit

"“I am proud of the work and depiction of the show, and even though it wasn’t the outcome we had all hoped for, I am glad the world was able to get an inside look of what any father would do if there was even the slightest chance of finding his missing child,” Holloway said in a release Friday."

Woooow...

Good for her that she is holding them accountable for this crap, if indeed these allegations are true. (I didn't watch the show)

The show was a huge farce! You didn’t miss anything.

For anyone who has never read "Loving Natalee" by Beth, please read it.

Eta: "Loving Natalee: A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith is an autobiography written by Beth Holloway about her missing daughter Natalee Holloway, with portions contributed by Sunny Tillman. Wikipedia

Originally published: October 2, 2007

Author: Beth Holloway"

Some things I won't forget from her book:

Keep a detailed journal if a loved one ever goes missing (knock on wood)!

Enable your international roaming if you are going to travel overseas, etc...

Know where your US Embassy is in advance...

Google alerts

6, federal lawsuit suggests the deception surrounding "The Disappearance of Natalee Holloway" was so complete she was even tricked into providing a DNA sample to match against what producers claimed were remains that could be those of her long-missing daughter. Associated Press coverage of ...

When Beth Holloway spoke to a Lakes audience about the disappearance of her daughter, she let them know she was still looking for answers.Now, she says she feels duped by a six-episode cable network series that teased an end to the search — Holloway has filed a lawsuit about the show and the distress it has caused. A Feb. 6, federal lawsuit suggests the deception surrounding "The Disappearance of Natalee Holloway" was so complete she was even tricked into providing a DNA sample to match against what producers claimed were remains that could be those of her long-missing daughter.Associated Press coverage of the Birmingham, Alabama, lawsuit goes on to say Holloway is seeking $10 million in compensation and $25 million in punitive damages against Oxygen Media, an arm of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, and the Los Angeles-based Brian Graden Media.Holloway thinks her 18-year-old daughter Natalee left a popular night club in Aruba after consuming some potent drinks laced with a date rape drug. She then climbed into what she thought was a taxi in 2005.Three local men were inside the car, including Joran Van der Sloot, a Dutch college student. Beth Holloway thinks Van der Sloot slipped too much of the date rape drug into Natalee's drinks. Natalee's captors may have panicked when they saw signs of the overdose and arranged for the body to be disposed of at sea. Classmates and her family began to worry when Natalee missed her flight home on May 30, 2005.News outlets from throughout the country became enamored with the story of how a promising 5-foot-5, blue-eyed high school graduate could simply disappear from a tropical paradise.As camera crews converged, Beth Holloway began an exhaustive search in Aruba.She chased down tips placing Natalee at gas stations and restaurants. She put up missing persons posters in the city of Oranjestad, where Natalee was last seen.
cache.php
A photo of Natalee Holloway is projected onto a screen in June 2011 during the 7th Annual Lakes Health Conference at Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center in Okoboji. Beth Holloway talked about the circumstances surrounding her daughter's disappearance. (Photo by Russ Mitchell)

She told a 2011 audience in Okoboji that she visited the island's underbelly of filthy crack houses and brothels to find her daughter."The panic I was trying to suppress was beginning to take hold," she told a group of medical professionals at the annual Lakes Health Conference at Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center. The event was co-hosted by Northwest Iowa Community College and Iowa Lakes Community College.Natalee has never been found, but theories about Van der Sloot's role in her disappearance gained traction after he was arrested for the May 2010 murder of Stephany Flores, a Peruvian woman he met. He also faced federal extortion and wire fraud charges in the United States for trying to extort money from Beth Holloway in exchange for information that would lead to the recovery of Natalee's body.​http://www.dickinsoncountynews.com/story/2484815.html

What bothers me most about this case is Natalie went to her father for money for this trip and he did not approve of her going there so then she went to her mother who gave her money for it. Her mother should have known better, big time. This was no trip for a high-schooler. If only her mother would have agreed with him. I realized they were divorced so they were not together in this. SAD. Broken homes don't work. JMO

There's really only one person responsible for Natalee's death and that's the person who killed her, IMO. (And maybe some others if he had help with the body.) I don't think it's Natalee's fault for wanting to go on a trip with her friends, her mom's fault for letting her go, or her parents' faults for getting divorced. Getting divorced was the best thing my parents did for their relationship. They are MUCH better off as friends. Some "broken homes" do, indeed, work.

JOHN LUDWICK IS DEAD!

Man tied to Natalee Holloway disappearance stabbed to death in Sarasota County

John Christopher Ludwick, 32, stabbed while trying to kidnap woman, police say

https://www.local10.com/news/crime/...ppearance-stabbed-to-death-in-sarasota-county

Attempted kidnapper who was fatally stabbed claims he disposed of Natalee Holloway's body

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/...abbing-one-person-airlifted-to-local-hospital

Wow, certainly wasn't expecting this. I thought that nothing could surprise me anymore when it came to Ludwick.

I hope the truth of what happened to Natalee Holloway can come out now. I was sickened from the stories that came out over the involvement of JL and Gabriel during the Oxygen series.

It sounds like he was still up to no good. Now he was trying to kidnap someone.

NORTH PORT, Fla. - In the series "The Disappearance of Natalee Holloway," John Christopher Ludwick made headlines when he claimed he helped Joran van der Sloot dispose of the missing teen's body. Ludwick, 32, of Port Charlotte, Florida, was stabbed to death Tuesday as he tried to kidnap a woman from her vehicle, North Port police said. Ludwick was roommates with the woman at one point and wanted a romantic relationship with her, but she didn't want one with him, North Port police spokesperson Joshua Taylor said."He essentially ambushed her getting out of her car, going into her home," Taylor said.The woman was able to wrestle a knife from Ludwick, then stabbed him in the abdomen, police said."He then fled the area on foot," police said in a statement. "He was found nearby suffering from the stab wounds. After being transported by air, he was pronounced dead at a local hospital." The woman won't be criminally charged, Taylor said. "From every ounce of evidence we have so far, she was a victim in this case," he said. "We have nothing to say otherwise right now." Natalee Holloway disappeared in 2005 during a high school graduation trip to Aruba. Van der Sloot, the last person seen with the 18-year-old, was never charged with her death. Ludwick appeared on the Oxygen show, which followed Holloway's father and a private investigator as they chased a lead in the case, in which he claimed van der Sloot paid him $1,500 to dig up Holloway's remains and cremate them. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/natalee-holloway-case-john-ludwick-who-claimed-he-was-joran-van-der-sloot-accomplice-killed-in-florida/

Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member