ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the witness said they left together and didnt come back. If they didnt come back then the items couldn't have been on the beach.

The fishermen were fishing and couldn't possibly sit there all day and watch for them to return. It only takes a couple minutes to drive up in a car and park.
Then another minute to throw the dress out and lay out the towels. Maybe I'm just tired and missing your point, lol.

Swimming trunks don't take long to dry, they are made from materials designed to be non absorbent. Shoes would take much longer.

It is obvious from his hair that he had been in water.

Why would he be "swimming" with leather athletic shoes on when he's a certified diver and experienced snorkeler and claimed he had fins. Why? Any idiot knows that heavy shoes are not made for swimming in... :waitasec:

Sorry to be such a pain, but how do we know the dress was recovered. I know a witness said they "saw" the dress and the towel, but only the towel was recovered. I've tried and I'm not coming up with anything. Did they return the dress to her family with her other personal belongings?

I make a point of this because if they don't have her dress, where is it? Did GG pick it up and forget the towel? If her dress was on the rocks in a certain area, then there would be no question where they entered the water, right?

No report of them recovering the dress only that it was seen thrown on the rocks. If LE thought it was just a drowning they may have given him the dress to put with her belongings to bring home. jmo

No report of them recovering the dress only that it was seen thrown on the rocks. If LE thought it was just a drowning they may have given him the dress to put with her belongings to bring home. jmo

BEM: They obviously have never figured it was "just a drowning" -- who is the "he" in your comment? Her brother?

Sorry to be such a pain, but how do we know the dress was recovered. I know a witness said they "saw" the dress and the towel, but only the towel was recovered. I've tried and I'm not coming up with anything. Did they return the dress to her family with her other personal belongings?

I make a point of this because if they don't have her dress, where is it? Did GG pick it up and forget the towel? If her dress was on the rocks in a certain area, then there would be no question where they entered the water, right?

To my knowledge all we have is the one report that the dress was lying on the rocks.

Some of us believe that the dress was thrown out there by GG to stage the scene. I for one don't believe they went into the water there to snorkel. Now it is possible, imo, that GG took Robyn out there with the explicit purpose to drown her. But then why didn't they find her? As far as his snorkeling story, I personally just don't believe it. :twocents:

I tend to agree that the towel and dress being found on the beach they were seen on is an indication that it was the last place they were when she went missing. If they left they would have taken that with them, and "when" would GG have had an opportunity to return to that beach to "plant that evidence.

Especially evidence of the towel with RG's blood on it. I mean why leave a towel with RG's blood on it, obviously it was not a lot of blood, so I am not really sure what importance that it has other than backing up his claim they went snorkeling from that beach area. JMO

He did not have a choice with the towel. They were hotel towels and had he not returned one he would have been billed and LE would have found out. Also where was he going to get rid of it. It's not as if LE would not have found it while they were search. Too risky to try to hide it, IMO.

Witnesses claim they saw them leave but no one saw the car return. He obviously came back, their car was there when LE arrived. The only person who claims he was there the whole time was GG and he did so when he did not know there were a number of witnesses that saw them leave. jmo

I thought the witness said they left together and didnt come back. If they didnt come back then the items couldn't have been on the beach.

Well, HE came back. He is on video knocking casually on the empty restaurant door, looking for help. And his shoes were wet, and he said he just came out of the water. Since it was almost dark and getting cold by then, he could have easily thrown her towel and dress out on the rocks right before he did his video appearance.

BEM: They obviously have never figured it was "just a drowning" -- who is the "he" in your comment? Her brother?

No, "he" is GG. When did they determine GG was lying? I'm not sure it was right away. People do drown in Aruba accidentially so it's possible initially they thought it was an accident. They let him go back to his hotel so he may have taken her things with him that night.

Was there something in the news way back that they tested her dress for blood and nothing was found? I have a vague recollection that this was reported, but maybe someone else remembers because it was awhile back.

I do think LE figured it was no accident by the next morning when GG showed up with an attorney and they could find no body. jmo

He did not have a choice with the towel. They were hotel towels and had he not returned one he would have been billed and LE would have found out. Also where was he going to get rid of it. It's not as if LE would not have found it while they were search. Too risky to try to hide it, IMO.

Witnesses claim they saw them leave but no one saw the car return. He obviously came back, their car was there when LE arrived. The only person who claims he was there the whole time was GG and he did so when he did not know there were a number of witnesses that saw them leave. jmo

BEM: I didn't realize it was a hotel towel - really? Maybe he wanted them to find the towel in case they found blood in the jeep, that was his excuse, stubbed her toe.

His hair ? But it always looks the same to me... :floorlaugh:

Can you swim with a toupee on in the ocean? :waitasec: One of the witnesses commented on how ridiculous his toupee looked afterwards and how bad it looked. Was that from Mr.Silva? From what I recall he was even stating how drunk GG was when meeting with the police and detailed account of the same rental car driving the wrong way. Quite the story from someone that is supposedly not believable because he got his dates mixed up. At the time of his statement he claimed he hadn't been questioned by the police yet which was odd because of how much time had already passed and the guy is giving tv interviews..lol. Someone is lying here..He didn't get his dates mixed up because it was too detailed of a acct..How many other drownings and events happened like this that week?..You would think if they really had a credible witness who saw them drive off away from baby beach/Nanki area that would be huge news and a big part of this investigation.

Reminds me of Natalee's case as there was at least a dozen known liars who claimed to be witnesses and provided false information. Not many know but they did have a early witness named Fransisco who claimed he helped bury Natalee with two others..His info matched others who told a similar story but he was quickly deemed crazy and instutionlized while his friends and family claimed he wasn't crazy..I can't help but think the truth gets lost in the witnesses who were overlooked or discounted. I'M not saying Silva is credible,just saying sometimes people are quickly discredited that perhaps shouldnt be. It most definetly happened in natalee's case but of course that was a major cover up from the very beginning and a entirely different case and circumstances. I sure hope they gave Robyn a honest investigation because Natalee was most certainly denied that right.JMHO

No, "he" is GG. When did they determine GG was lying? I'm not sure it was right away. People do drown in Aruba accidentially so it's possible initially they thought it was an accident. They let him go back to his hotel so he may have taken her things with him that night.

Again, even if they thought she drowned, her dress would have been laying there, right? Regardless, they detained him and would have asked where the clothes she had on at the restaurant were, right? If for no other reason than to make sure she had taken it off before "snorkeling".

Was there something in the news way back that they tested her dress for blood and nothing was found? I have a vague recollection that this was reported, but maybe someone else remembers because it was awhile back. jmo

Yeah, not remembering that :(

Again, even if they thought she drowned, her dress would have been laying there, right? Regardless, they detained him and would have asked where the clothes she had on at the restaurant were, right? If for no other reason than to make sure she had taken it off before "snorkeling".

Yeah, not remembering that :(

Yes, I would think so since she was seen wearing it in the security video. jmo

Can you swim with a toupee on? :waitasec: One of the witnesses commented on how ridiculous his toupee looked afterwards and how bad it looked. Was that from Mr.Silva? From what I recall he was even stating how drunk GG was when meeting with the police and detailed account of the same rental car driving the wrong way. Quite the story from someone that is supposedly not believable and gothis dates mixed up. At the time of his statement he claimed he hadn't been questioned by the police yet which was odd because of how much time had already passed and the guy is giving tv interviews..lol. Someone is lying here..He didn't get his dates mixed up because it was too detailed of a acct..IMO..You would think if they really had a credible witness who saw them drive off away from baby beach/Nanki area that would be huge news and a big part of this investigation.

Reminds me of Natalee's case as there was at least a dozen known liars who claimed to be witnesses and provided false information. I can't help but think the truth gets lost in the witnesses who were overlooked or discounted. I'M not saying Silva is credible,just saying sometimes people are quickly discredited that perhaps shouldnt be. It most definetly happened in natalee's case but of course that was a major cover up from the very beginning and a entirely different case and circumstances. I sure hope they gave Robyn a honest investigation because Natalee was most certainly denied that right.JMHO

I have wondered about this Mr. Silva and when he was or wasn't interviewed by police. He was apparently there the day Robyn disappeared according to his account and he seems sincere to me. I just don't see him as someone who would just concoct a story like this, what would be his gain, but then what do I know. Initially, police believed it was an accidental drowning so may not have questioned him or others until later, as their top priority at that time was just to find Robyn.

I have wondered about this Mr. Silva and when he was or wasn't interviewed by police. He was apparently there the day Robyn disappeared according to his account and he seems sincere to me. I just don't see him as someone who would just concoct a story like this, what would be his gain, but then what do I know. Initially, police believed it was an accidental drowning so may not have questioned him or others until later, as their top priority at that time was just to find Robyn.

Plus it was not just Mr. Silva. It was the dive shop owner, a fisherman who claimed he saw them leave but did not see GG for the rest of the day. A fisherman out on a boat who saw them leaving at the approximate time as the other witnesses. I would think LE is well aware of who is credible and who is not. If that were the only descrepancy in GG's statement to LE it would be one thing but we know pretty much of his statement does not match up with reported facts. JMO

At the time he was asked why the police didn't interview him yet and he replied maybe they are lazy.

When you lie and obstruct a murder investigation and provide false information you should have some sort of penalty and jail time. Unfortunately in Aruba it happens all the time and we will probably never know anything more about this guy. Perhaps he is just crazy like Fransisco was in the Holloway case? The Holloways had a PI and others who questioned people like Mr.Silva..Unfortunately for Robyn she hasn't had anyone digging for info outside of the ALE that could provide the family more information.

Mr Silva didn't get his dates mixed up because the story was too detailed and there were no other events like this that week,month or even the month before. He's either lying or he is telling the truth..IMO

At the time he was asked why the police didn't interview him yet and he replied maybe they are lazy.

When you lie and obstruct a murder investigation and provide false information you should have some sort of penalty and jail time. Unfortunately in Aruba it happens all the time and we will probably never know anything more about this guy. Perhaps he is just crazy like Fransisco was in the Holloway case? The Holloways had a PI and others who questioned people like Mr.Silva..Unfortunately for Robyn she hasn't had anyone digging for info outside of the ALE.

Mr Silva didn't get his dates mixed up because the story was too detailed and there were no other events like this that week,month or even the month before. He's either lying or he is telling the truth..IMO

This comment in bold made by Mr. Silva, sounds like he was making an honest assessment of the situation, and maybe it isn't far from the truth.

Was Fransisco crazy? Or just made to look crazy?

I don't think that Silva got his dates mixed up either, he seems quite sure of everything he's saying. jmo

When you lie and obstruct a murder investigation and provide false information you should have some sort of penalty and jail time. Unfortunately in Aruba it happens all the time and we will probably never know anything more about this guy. The Holloways had a PI and others who questioned people like Mr.Silva..Unfortunately for Robyn she hasn't had anyone digging for info outside of the ALE.

One might lie but I doubt all of them did. Their stories are consistent. Could Mr. Silva have mentioned to the police officer that night that he saw GG leave with RG and the police officer never noted who he was or took his statement. That may have been what Mr. Silva was referring to them being "lazy". I'm sure all the first responders did not even imagine it was not a drowning and were not looking for some other reason for her disappearance.

I mean, it's Aruba.....you just don't think of people planning to make someone disappear off the island. jmo

They have footage from the day she went missing, so the date is correct.

Only if it was the same camera. If the two sets of footage were from different cameras, but apparently showed the same thing on two different days, then one of the cameras likely had the incorrect date set. You can set the date and time on a camera, and that is what will show on the time stamp. If you set it incorrectly, say the 4th instead of the 5th, it would seem like a different day even though it wasn't.

So the question is, did the footage come from the same camera? It doesn't sound like it did.

There is also the question of the snorkling gear. We know he had it with him. We also know that she was staying with him. So, if he had all this gear with him, and brought it with him, she would have known, and she would be expecting him to go snorkling. The idea that they were just props to disguise some other preconcieved plan is ridiculous, since she would surely have wanted to know why he was bringing that stuff with him if they were just going for drinks.

In other words she would have been expecting to go snorkling. What would be the point of going to the snorkeling spot, not go snorkeling and say that you did? Especially when there is evidence that she was there, in the form of the towel and clothes. We know that the witness claimed the vehicle left and did not return, so those items must have been left there. Did she leave naked? I don't think so.

That leads me to believe that the witnesses saw them arrive sometime (being unremarkable, they wouldnt have noted the exact time), then later saw a vehicle leave (again, being unremarkable, no exact time). During that time RG and GG went snorkeling, she got swept out to sea by currents/drowned. Then he gets to land, wanders around a while looking for her, then gets in the car to try to get help. All of this we know has a hard time period constraint of less than 2 hours. Including travel times and fluffing around, time spent on the beach probably didn't exceed much more than an hour.

If the witnesses did in fact see anything, IMO they did not have a clear idea of times, and simply saw a vehicle arrive, then leave. Only it left somewhat later than what they think it did. Unless there was something particularly remarkable about the vehicle, a casual observer might remember it arriving and leaving, but it is highly unlikely that they would have an accurate idea of how long that took.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288