ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw on HLN the hearing of today is over and the judge is considering the outcome. Later today, maybe?

BBM

And so it appears he chased her until she married him.....Thank you for sharing this ironic story: Live and learn!

P.S. I share your unbridled enthusiasm for Bonaire (about which most people I meet in daily life or travelling the world have never even heard). Just "discovered" Bonaire myself in 2004--and wish I had years before; I didn't know what I had been missing!!

He was there for her when her mom died & I kind of thought he took advantage of her vulnerability at that time, but he's crazy about her & he's good to her & she's not the kind of gal to stay in a bad relationship so I'm confident that all is good with them being together. I apologize to him everytime I see him! He really is a great guy.

We discovered Bonaire at the same time, 2004! I bought my house in 2007, actually started buying in 2006, things take awhile on these small islands LOL. I guess that's why I feel such a need to defend Aruba when people blame the island for Natalee & Robyn's disapperances. They're beautiful islands with beautiful people, they have no control over the people who visit them. When people say they'll never go to Aruba because of these cases I just tell myself more room for me:dance:

I've read in a couple of these recent articles about witnesses reporting a scratch on gg's neck. If he had a scratch on his neck, wouldn't it show in the mug shot? I've looked & I don't see one.

Meeting on Adult Friend Finder a year and a half ago, if true, puts that in early 2010. RG and RF have been in a relationship for 2 and a half years, per RF. He says they have been "exclusive" for 7 months (or so he thought...)

Agent99-

Thanks for posting this article again. This was the one that had me confused.

1) If the argument Robin and GG had was as violent as they state, it would have caused a number of witness reports from day 1, right?

2) If the witnesses heard GG say he was going to kill her--what's up with the "lip readers"?

3) How do they know GG became angry when he saw what Robyn texted to RF? Was their a witness? ...and how would that witness know what that text said?
Don"t get me wrong, GG, certainly has lots of explaining to do, but isn't it amazing how this evidence just became available on the day of GG's hearing to be held for another 60 days. just " Things that make you go ..HHMM!:waitasec:

I've read in a couple of these recent articles about witnesses reporting a scratch on gg's neck. If he had a scratch on his neck, wouldn't it show in the mug shot? I've looked & I don't see one.

Mug shot was after being arrested trying to get on a plane off the island. That was on Friday, August 5th. The incident occurred on Tuesday, August 2nd.

For some reason ALE did not pursue an immediate investigation. This missed out on a good search of his hotel room, his rental car, a good photo of the scratch and possible DNA, etc.

Well, LE either has the tape or they don't
Can't make that up... can you?

and it is from "another source close to the investigation" using words like allegedly and it is claimed

Well there you have it--the Golden 3:

"Source" close to the investigation, "Allegedly", and "Claimed"
EHHH! I don't know what to think?--LOL

Well there you have it--the Golden 3:

"Source" close to the investigation, "Allegedly", and "Claimed"
EHHH! I don't know what to think?--LOL

There sure has been a lot of those " unnamed sources close to the investigation" hasn't there?

If you click copy link on the Facebook link for the Model M page, it is for an email address robynlgardner@comcat.net
http://www.modelmayhem.com/1669069
robynlgardner is something she also used for her reality TV profile page.
http://www.realitywanted.com/robynlgardner

It appears that Robyn was the one who set up this modeling page. If someone else had set it up for her, the email address would have been a more general email site, yahoo, etc. That email was her own email account in all likelihood.

What's interesting to me is she gave a wrong first name (Elle), a wrong age (33), plus a wrong city and state (Ashburn, VA). Also, there is no main profile pic.

She was hiding the profile in other words from it coming up in a search for her by someone else.

What's to hide? Perhaps the fact she was "open to any and all photography" and answering yes to the question "Shoot nudes?" The profile was created May 7, 2010 and the activity stops August 11, 2010. RF and RG were in a relationship during this time, as well as GG had entered the picture in some capacity.

It's possible that RG was hiding this from RF because he would have disapproved of her shooting nudes.

It appears RG had a double life. The wild part got in over her head. It is a tragedy that she is a victim of a cruel murder. I hope this is a lesson that can be learned from by others.

MOO.

The profile was put up in may 2010, it's possible that she could have been 33 at the time. When is her birth date?

Do people sometimes use stage names in those sites?

The profile was put up in may 2010, it's possible that she could have been 33 at the time. When is her birth date?

Do people sometimes use stage names in those sites?

April 23, 1976.

Just like FB or myspace, the site appears to update your current age with each birthday.

Yes, they do use stage names sometimes.

Well lookie here.... they also found Ambien prescribed to RG. Sounds familiar, doesn't it? .:rocker:

Help me understand - how does taking an ambien during the day mixed with alcohol create a desirable state - it seems like that would make you want to sleep?

Help me understand - how does taking an ambien during the day mixed with alcohol create a desirable state - it seems like that would make you want to sleep?

Thats what I would expect too, but apparently , from what I have read , it gives you a buzz

A poster up thread posted about it

As seen on some sites .. not from my own experience.

"Ambien is not a good drug to use recreationally. It causes memory loss and when combined with alcohol can cause a person to do really stupid things and remember nothing about it".

"Ambien has the effect of exacerbating the body’s reaction to alcohol, meaning that symptoms normally associated with acute intoxication can be seen with little alcohol consumption. These symptoms include drowsiness, blackouts, loss of coordination, slurred speech, loss of consciousness and severe depression."

http://www.ambienandalcohol.com/

Its a popular recreational use of the drug in the DC area.... they call it 'daywalking'. If you pop an ambien or 2 and fight the urge to sleep or stay stimulated, you're high as a kite (similar to the warm sedate feeling of valium or xanax), and your inhibitions go right out the window. People do incredibly stupid things when they daywalk- crash cars, walk into the wrong homes, etc.... and many times they have no recollection at all. Total amnesia. It's like sleepwalking with a buzz.

Doesn't sound like something you would take in the middle of the day with drinking on top of it, if you were going out to lunch and then snorkeling afterwards.

As seen on some sites .. not from my own experience.

"Ambien is not a good drug to use recreationally. It causes memory loss and when combined with alcohol can cause a person to do really stupid things and remember nothing about it".

"Ambien has the effect of exacerbating the body’s reaction to alcohol, meaning that symptoms normally associated with acute intoxication can be seen with little alcohol consumption. These symptoms include drowsiness, blackouts, loss of coordination, slurred speech, loss of consciousness and severe depression."

http://www.ambienandalcohol.com/

BBM - Gee, sounds like a BLAST....

Do people really "do" Ambien?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads