ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very cautious when it comes to articles by the National Enquirer. If the people did really see this, they didn't see GG. It would not be very good in court for them to be witnesses. They witnessed something but didn't see the people involved. So sad they didn't attempt to walk to the car to see what was going on which is what I would of done or didn't write the license number down which I would have also done. If they had written that license number down it would have broke this case.

I believe they did try. They yelled at the man and he stopped and sped off. That area that runs along the eastern side of the island has no actual normal roads at some point. It's more of a rocky path that looks like a road and is very hard on tires. If GG sped off I don't think these people would want to chase him. I know if it had been me I would not have done so. They may have figured they had scared him enough and they stopped the fighting. She could have gotten out of the car at that point and asked for help, too.

You can't blame other people for not "helping" when the very, very least thing you would expect is that this person was there on the island to do away with their travel partner. It just does not happen down there. But I'm sure people down there have domestic fights that do not end up with one partner dead so they were probably trying to mind their own business. They knew it was a rental so they did look at the plate. And where they were located you will not see a patrol car. I've never seen one on that portion of the island, helicopters yes, but police cars...no.

For the most part the Arubans are very upbeat and seem to be very happy people. They are friendly and enjoy engaging in conversations with visitors. The sun shines most of the time so depression may exist down there but not on the level you see in the US. It has perfect weather with cooling tradewinds and it is a naturally happy island. Just not a place you would expect to see someone trying to beat up another person. But I'm sure domestic arguments do happen there and they wanted to stay out of it. Plus who wants to deal with a crazy American? Responsibility for his actions falls on GG alone. jmo

I am very cautious when it comes to articles by the National Enquirer. If the people did really see this, they didn't see GG. It would not be very good in court for them to be witnesses. They witnessed something but didn't see the people involved. So sad they didn't attempt to walk to the car to see what was going on which is what I would of done or didn't write the license number down which I would have also done. If they had written that license number down it would have broke this case.

I mean it is very easy to say what you would do. (Preaching to myself too!) I have intervened in domestic abuse cases and cases of child abuse...once I got a split lip (stitches) for it. Some people respond as I do...running into the fray...and some people freeze. Taking the license plate down and calling local LE would have been the safest route for these people. So far, my running into the fray has not cost me my life...none of the men had a gun, one had a knife but LE got there quickly and wrestled him to the ground. I do not have any info that GG had a gun...but strangers would not know that.

I mean it is very easy to say what you would do. (Preaching to myself too!) I have intervened in domestic abuse cases and cases of child abuse...once I got a split lip (stitches) for it. Some people respond as I do...running into the fray...and some people freeze. Taking the license plate down and calling local LE would have been the safest route for these people. So far, my running into the fray has not cost me my life...none of the men had a gun, one had a knife but LE got there quickly and wrestled him to the ground. I do not have any info that GG had a gun...but strangers would not know that.

We would have to ask someone who lives in Aruba but I don't think they have guns. Police do, of course, but I've never seen a gun shop or even seen guns advertised for sale. For one thing there is no need for them. Certainly you can't bring one onto the island as a visitor. You do see military there often but I've never seen a side arm visible while they are on shore. Plus they were in a car and took off.

Arubans do not usually like to cause trouble for visitors so I can understand them not calling the police. It is not that they do not care, it's just that they do not want to get visitors in trouble with LE. Had they known what his plan was it would have been different. This has to be a first for them and I can guarantee you that in the future if an Aruban comes upon an incident like this they will call police. We should not shift blame onto other's. If RG was coming home with bruises on her and those bruises were from GG and she still continued to travel with him then she was part of the problem. If he was violent towards her in the hotel she should have called for security, packed her bags, gone to the airport and asked to be put on a flight. The airline could have even waived the price change for her, but if it were me I'd have put that charge on my credit card and called it a win. jmo

Cadaver dogs to search again for remains of missing Maryland woman in Aruba
By Maggie Fazeli Fard

Firefighters and police officers searched for Robyn Gardner in a shaft of an old phosphate mine near Aruba’s Baby Beach in August. A team of cadaver dogs in Aruba is expected to search again Wednesday for the remains of Robyn Gardner, the 35-year-old Maryland woman who was reported missing by her travel companion in August

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...oman-in-aruba/2011/10/05/gIQArVM6ML_blog.html

I surely would not have chased them either
But I think I may have taken down a license number and reported it
From the way they described the car moving, it sounded violent.

If I recall, this report has only been seen in NE?

Several people came forth who had witnessed GG and RG together
IIRC the article said they didn't come forth til Sept 17?

I still don't know if there was any violence at the hotel
Ann Angela said LE viewed ALL video and saw nothing

Peliman,

Yah, the video is made by the guy who I talk with email last month. Same he make video from behind Nanki where the lady goes snorkeling. I send email quick quick to see if he knows anything since the new development.

Sad to go by the pet graves. Lots of memories you know of good dogs. Hoping this area stay quiet, peace for them buried by the sea.

Hello IslandSurfer

I found the video and information about the pet graves a moving tribute of man for his most loved animal. I'd not like to see it disturbed and left as a memorial. I would suggest Aruba make it a historical area to avoid some big hotel group from building on it. Thanks for the info and I hope you and your friend can keep sending us information you shared with us.

The sand dunes are at the opposite end of the island to where GG was. Sand dunes are up by the lighthouse and high rise hotels in the northwestern portion of the island. GG was at the southern tip of the island. Not sure how he would bury her there because there are very strong tradewinds blowing on that end of the island and so the sand could shift. I don't see how that would work well. Plus he did not have the time. Unless you are on the beach there is not a lot of places to bury someone.

I really think he put her down in the water as from his own admission he expected her to be found within a day or two. He would have made a better story if he had said she slipped and fell while walking on the cliffs. It would be very easy to do. My friend wanted some pictures in June of the sea spray and the cliffs so I drove out there. My leg bothered me so I said I will wait in the car. She was walking along and all of a sudden I did not see her. I grabbed my phone and got out of the car and started to walk towards the cliff and up she popped. lol She had walked down to a lower level to get some "Good" pictures but scared the life out of me. All I could think of is how will I tell them where we are. jmo

Hello Lambchop, your nick just made me hungry lol

Here's how I see it. I'd find it highly unlikely she was buried under sand but the possibility always exist until it's eliminated and it shouldn't take the dogs long to determine that. There's also the long shot possibility NH could be discovered. The NE article stated the car drove away after they approached it and I haven't seen a picture yet of GG with his plastic pail and shovel

I'm always open to any possibility until the answers we seek are known. I'm hoping the dogs go over lots of locations like mine shafts, the abandon oil refinery and it's storage tanks and piping. I hope they search the garbage dumps, although I expect alot of that to be dumped at sea. I understand the dog teams will be there until the end of the week, I think it's a good thing, even if they find nothing. JMO

There are different types of cadaver dogs depending on their training. All leading to a huge discussion but to try and limit that one type only hits on deceased human, while another type hit's on human remains I/E a spot of blood on a band aid. I'm curious and don't know if a human remains dog was taken to the rental car but just because I'm a curious person to see if it hits on the car.

We do have dog SAR experts here and I can ask them to come in if they like and correct anything I've said because I'm not an expert, just what I've seen from other cases.

I think the couple did more than most people. So many things running through your mind at that moment on understanding what you are subjected to--(shock). They even tried to intervene. Perhaps they weren't close enough or it wasn't their immediate priority to get the license plate. They did try to find out what happened. And, after a few moments of reflection, decided to return to the site to verify, reinforce what they had witnessed, their interpretation and to get the plate no. I give them a lot of credit for reporting it.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/exclusive-aruba-murder-eyewitness-shocking-claim

“The couple stopped their car, yelled at the man and asked what the hell he was doing. When the man saw them, he started his vehicle and drove off in the opposite direc*tion. The shocked couple drove on to nearby Baby Beach. Then they thought about what they’d seen for a few minutes and drove back to Dog Graves Beach but didn’t find any trace of the other couple or their vehicle.”

CNN) -- Aruban authorities used search dogs Wednesday to comb the area near where a Maryland woman went missing in August, officials in the prosecutor's office said.

The search in the Seroe Colorado area was originally reported to have begun Tuesday, but the six dogs involved were being acclimated to the terrain then and the official search is scheduled for Wednesday through Friday, officials said.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/05/world/americas/aruba-missing-woman/

Hello Lambchop, your nick just made me hungry lol

Here's how I see it. I'd find it highly unlikely she was buried under sand but the possibility always exist until it's eliminated and it shouldn't take the dogs long to determine that. There's also the long shot possibility NH could be discovered. The NE article stated the car drove away after they approached it and I haven't seen a picture yet of GG with his plastic pail and shovel

I'm always open to any possibility until the answers we seek are known. I'm hoping the dogs go over lots of locations like mine shafts, the abandon oil refinery and it's storage tanks and piping. I hope they search the garbage dumps, although I expect alot of that to be dumped at sea. I understand the dog teams will be there until the end of the week, I think it's a good thing, even if they find nothing. JMO

There are different types of cadaver dogs depending on their training. All leading to a huge discussion but to try and limit that one type only hits on deceased human, while another type hit's on human remains I/E a spot of blood on a band aid. I'm curious and don't know if a human remains dog was taken to the rental car but just because I'm a curious person to see if it hits on the car.

We do have dog SAR experts here and I can ask them to come in if they like and correct anything I've said because I'm not an expert, just what I've seen from other cases.

Since GG reported they were snorkeling I would think for sure she is in the water. He expected her body to come ashore within a few days and official death would be drowning because that is probably what happened to her but it was not an accident. I don't see him having enough time to dig a grave in the sand without a shovel and as I said you can only go down so far and you hit rock and coral. It is what the island is made up of.

Something else that is very interesting and I learned last year when I asked about separating my trash from the garbage. I was told they recycle everything...can's, glass, garbage. As much as they can goes back into the environment. They desalinate their water from the sea. They are putting up windmills for electrical power. So they are quite an efficent island. They cannot, however, grow their own food, no corn fields, wheat fields, no dairy cow farms, etc. Everything comes from outside the island except for small private gardens. They do grow aloe plants and produce aloe products.

It would be great if the dogs could pick up a scent where RG exited the car, either on her own or by force. Not sure they have a dog down there for that though. jmo

Interesting, possible water trained cadaver dog team maybe being used.

Cadaver Dogs Undergo A Lifetime Of Training To Search For Human Remains

The dogs will spend the entire week scouring the southeastern section of the island where Robyn Gardner was reported missing by her travel companion Gary Giordano.

Investigators are using a specialized search technique, and as Alex DeMetrick reports, it takes a lifetime of training.

The dog is named Raven, and its refresher day on the water. The lesson: Find the scent of human remains, pumped out into the middle of a cove off the Choptank River.

“On July the 4th this year, my young dog actually helped to recover a body that was a 129 feet in water. It sounds like it’s such a hard job to do but it’s not– scent, break, surface,” explained Lisa Higgins of the Bay Area Recover Canines.

http://news1.capitalbay.com/news/ma...-of-training-to-search-for-human-remains.html

The dogs will spend the entire week scouring the southeastern section of the island where Robyn Gardner was reported missing by her travel companion Gary Giordano.

Investigators are using a specialized search technique, and as Alex DeMetrick reports, it takes a lifetime of training.

The dog is named Raven, and its refresher day on the water. The lesson: Find the scent of human remains, pumped out into the middle of a cove off the Choptank River.

“On July the 4th this year, my young dog actually helped to recover a body that was a 129 feet in water. It sounds like it’s such a hard job to do but it’s not– scent, break, surface,” explained Lisa Higgins of the Bay Area Recover Canines.

http://news1.capitalbay.com/news/ma...-of-training-to-search-for-human-remains.html

Great information
I had no idea a dog was capable of this sort of thing
Truly amazing

Great information
I had no idea a dog was capable of this sort of thing
Truly amazing

Yeah, that's really awesome. Dogs are just amazing creatures. I have many times said, God put them here to teach us mere humans the meaning of unconditional love (as if there was any other kind).

True. I jumped in the middle of a fight once and got popped by a guy ... I saw stars.

True. I jumped in the middle of a fight once and got popped by a guy ... I saw stars.

Something we have not considered is the age of the witnesses. If they were my age they were not going to get into a fight and getting a plate number may not have been an option. lol

This is just awesome, I hope this information is correct.

Yeah, that's really awesome. Dogs are just amazing creatures. I have many times said, God put them here to teach us mere humans the meaning of unconditional love (as if there was any other kind).

You are so right, dogs are all about unconditional love. Something we humans seem to have a hard time with, unfortunately.

Something we have not considered is the age of the witnesses. If they were my age they were not going to get into a fight and getting a plate number may not have been an option. lol

That's a very good point, consider their maturity if they were, for instance in their early or late 20's, or even early 30's. So many variables to consider. Thanks for bringing this to light.

That's a very good point, consider their maturity if they were, for instance in their early or late 20's, or even early 30's. So many variables to consider. Thanks for bringing this to light.

Or if they were perhaps elderly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member