ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodger's Beach is just like a regular beach. Those rocks behind her have jagged edges and look coral like in appearance. They go all the way out so trying to walk out to get waist deep is very difficult and much more difficult if you have no shoes on. jmo

If that's true, then that particular location is most likely not the correct location. Even GG would know better than to claim that they walked through coral to get to the water. Other reports suggest that they drove further out and were closer to there the surf breaks.

I remember the first time I saw this video and heard that the area in the background is where GG and Robyn went into the water ... this is a really vague remark given what we see in the background. It almost looks like she's at Rodger's beach.

gardnercolsonintowater.jpg

Could this location be behind the Nanki Country Club?

Here's a source mentioning it:

<snip>

The Aruban prosecutor's office said in a release that Giordano says they had gone snorkeling behind the Nanki Country Club when she went under. An intensive, multi-jurisdictional search has not turned up any sign of Gardner thus far.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2011/08/robyn-gardner-frederick-woman-missing-in-aruba-64854.html

If that's true, then that particular location is most likely not the correct location. Even GG would know better than to claim that they walked through coral to get to the water. Other reports suggest that they drove further out and were closer to there the surf breaks.

This is the location he claims they went in. I guess he did not know what the water was like until he tried to get in at 6pm. By that time it was too late. The sun was setting and he was running out of time. Early in the threads there is a video taken by an underwater camera showing what the area is like where he claims they went into the water. jmo

Could this location be behind the Nanki Country Club?

Here's a source mentioning it:

<snip>

The Aruban prosecutor's office said in a release that Giordano says they had gone snorkeling behind the Nanki Country Club when she went under. An intensive, multi-jurisdictional search has not turned up any sign of Gardner thus far.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2011/08/robyn-gardner-frederick-woman-missing-in-aruba-64854.html

I would like to see footage that Aruba used to identify the location where they supposedly went into the water. No offense intended to anyone, but too often the US media has an agenda when reporting on a criminal case.

For example, boxer Arturo Gatti was found dead and the question became: suicide or murder.

Paul Ciolino did his investigation and determined it was murder, but he avoided any mention of facts that don't support his agenda. Another program did an investigation and determined it was suicide, in part because this was not his first suicide attempt. There are major differences between the two programs, but one of them appears to have an agenda while the other does not.

Ciolino Investigative Report: http://www.pjcinvestigations.com/investigative-articles.htm
5th Estate Investigative Report: http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/2011-2012/gatti/

This is the location he claims they went in. I guess he did not know what the water was like until he tried to get in at 6pm. By that time it was too late. The sun was setting and he was running out of time. Early in the threads there is a video taken by an underwater camera showing what the area is like where he claims they went into the water. jmo

That is what some reporter(s) would have us believe, perhaps because it makes the claim appear completely absurd. No one would walk through sharp coral to go snorkelling when there are nearby areas where there is no sharp coral. If GG and Robyn were at the end of the dirt road, which is what was reported on NG, then they would not have been in that particular area but further towards the tip of the Island.

Along the eastern coast and the area along the coast on that side of the island is all the same. Coral rocks, very jagged. Unless you go there yourself it is hard to visualize. The whole peninsula behind the restaurant is like that all the way down to the end. This is why people do not snorkel there because it is very difficult to get into the water. One of the inconsistencies that Mr. Stein was talking about, IMO. jmo

That is what some reporter(s) would have us believe, perhaps because it makes the claim appear completely absurd. No one would walk through sharp coral to go snorkelling when there are nearby areas where there is no sharp coral. If GG and Robyn were at the end of the dirt road, which is what was reported on NG, then they would not have been in that particular area but further towards the tip of the Island.

It is the same all the way down. This is why he is suspect. There is no way she got into that water. I've been there and the area he claimed to have parked the car has jagged coral between the road and the water just as it appears in the video. Something he did not think through and this is why his suit may have appeared not to be wet. I imagine he could get no further than ankle deep. jmo

The Aruban prosecutor's office said they went snorkeling behind the Nanki Country Club. What does that specific area look like? Rugged, rocky?

Right. There are jagged rocks there. All those dark spots are jagged rocks. What sand is there is not much and overlays rocks and that is what the road is made from, coral and packed sand. I think it was Island Surfer who posted the video taken with the underwater camera in one of the earlier threads.

I think he just did not realize how bad it was in that location because when he was there on Monday it was late in the day and he probably could not see that far in the water. jmo

The Aruban prosecutor's office said they went snorkeling behind the Nanki Country Club. What does that specific area look like? Rugged, rocky?

The Nanki Country Club was sold and is now JADS dive shop, bar and Rum Reef restaurant.

It looks as if that was where the reporter was reporting from, behind the Club which is a little bit further up the beach. GG said he had to run about 100 yards so he was down further because the Club is right near the Rum Reef Restaurant. That area that runs out to the peninsula is rugged as is shown in the video. On the other side of the Nanki Country Club is Rodger's Beach but he was no where near there. He was over by the cove but on the ocean side and that is where he claims they went in. It sounds crazy that he would say that but that is his story and he is sticking to it. jmo

The Nanki Country Club was sold and is now JADS dive shop, bar and Rum Reef restaurant.

The old country club would be where the J is located on your map. jmo

If we knew where they went...
We do not know what took place in that time span between the fishermen/man seeing them leave the beach and Gary knocking on doors

So when they were seen leaving the beach did they leave on foot or get into a car?, if it was the latter then her (body) could be anywhere on the island.

If we knew where they went...
We do not know what took place in that time span between the fishermen/man seeing them leave the beach and Gary knocking on doors

So when they were seen leaving the beach did they leave on foot or get into a car?, if it was the latter then her (body) could be anywhere on the island.

My understanding is they left by car and the next time someone saw the car was about 6pm back at the same location. The whole eastern coastal side is remote, with large cliffs in areas and small coves with sand but the majority of the coastline are those jagged coral cliffs that could drop down a number of stories to the water. The water is very turbulent on that side and the water looking down from the cliffs is very dark which means it is probably very deep there. The coves have a short self area and then it too appears to drop off into deeper water. It is dangerous to get too close to the edge of some of those cliffs. jmo

Right. There are jagged rocks there. All those dark spots are jagged rocks. What sand is there is not much and overlays rocks and that is what the road is made from, coral and packed sand. I think it was Island Surfer who posted the video taken with the underwater camera in one of the earlier threads.

I think he just did not realize how bad it was in that location because when he was there on Monday it was late in the day and he probably could not see that far in the water. jmo
LC, you would know better than anyone here, but is there a channel for snorkeling right next to Baby Beach? I read that on a website...wish I could remember where.

LC, you would know better than anyone here, but is there a channel for snorkeling right next to Baby Beach? I read that on a website...wish I could remember where.

There is an opening at one end and the water flows in and out from there so I suppose you could swim out through there. A lot of rocks though. Baby Beach itself offers snorkeling as there are little tropical fish swimming in there. Towards the middle it gets a little bit deeper maybe up to your waist. I've been to that area recently but we did not go into the water we just stopped and walked along the beach area. When my grandsons were small we would take them there because they could stand up and not have to worry about getting knocked over by a wave. Very calm. I have seen people over by the rocks where it meets the ocean but not beyond that where GG and RG supposedly went into the water. As I said there are too many jagged rocks in that area but Baby Beach is good for small fish and other small sea creatures. jmo

Not sure if this is the article you're referring to, but it does mention a channel.

Attraction | "Baby Beach & Boca Catalina"

Quote: No need to take snorkeling boats on Aruba as the snorkeling is readily accessible right from the beach at both locations and boat trips take you to Boca Catalina anyway. Baby beach at south end of island is extremely calm within the lagoon and provides sufficient snorkeling for beginner. Go through channel and there are long and wide coral reefs with abundant fish. Need to exercise care however, since waves can bounce you around and coral is not deep at all. Bathroom and snack bar available.

<snip>

http://www.igougo.com/journal-j23088-Aruba-Aruba_-_Tropical_Desert.html#1159097

Not sure if this is the article you're referring to, but it does mention a channel.

Attraction | "Baby Beach & Boca Catalina"

Quote: No need to take snorkeling boats on Aruba as the snorkeling is readily accessible right from the beach at both locations and boat trips take you to Boca Catalina anyway. Baby beach at south end of island is extremely calm within the lagoon and provides sufficient snorkeling for beginner. Go through channel and there are long and wide coral reefs with abundant fish. Need to exercise care however, since waves can bounce you around and coral is not deep at all. Bathroom and snack bar available.

<snip>

http://www.igougo.com/journal-j23088-Aruba-Aruba_-_Tropical_Desert.html#1159097

Right. That is on the eastern most side of Baby Beach. GG was on the peninsula but on the western side. So if you are looking down at the map and GG was on the left side of the cove and the snorkeling area is to the right on the other side of Baby Beach. It looks as if there is a portion in the sand that you can swim through or there may be enough sand there to walk out. This was not were GG was though. You would think if he really was interested he would have asked where the best place to go into the water would be because of all the rocks.

That area is well protected but there are rocks there, too, so you have to be careful, imo. jmo

Does anyone have any idea where Robyn or her body might be??? I still cannot understand how she just disappeared within less than 2 hours--weather GG planned it,or it just happened??

He did not know that island--how does he leave no trace of Robyn. That is remarkable to me? Help me out here. Anyone!!

I have heard conflicting statements about whether GG had been to Aruba several times versus just this one time. I still don't know.

If he didn't know the island, maybe he knows someone who does. Maybe they met there, and that's why he wanted Robyn to wear that particular dress the second day. Like a marker, or so she would be easily recognized. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021