Asian Man

Discussion in 'LISK Unidentified Victims' started by stillwatersc, May 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stillwatersc

stillwatersc Active Member

http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/05/10/linking-the-manorville-and-gilgo-homicides/
    One, police have confirmed is an Asian male in his late teens or early 20s.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/10/new-york-long-island-murders
    The third, potentially separate discovery was of an Asian man, referred to as John Doe no 8, who met a "violent" death. His body was found close to that of the dismembered women, but there is no evidence to connect them.

I just read that the Asian man died violently but in a significantly different manner than the women - but cannot find that information now.

2. Loading...

3. kemo

kemo Active Member

There are very few Asian males reported missing in the North-East US. Yim Tsui http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/tsui_yim.html, who disappeared from Hyde Park LI in 1998 is the one I could find that fits the description. The others I could identify were older and lived further away. No positive id has yet been made.
    Yim Tsui was a 20 year old Student at SUNY Stony Brook who lived in Hyde Park LI.
    Very little information was available on the Missing Persons sites or otherwise available on the web. This is unusual. Usually, the disappearance of a young person from a Middle Class generates more media attention and a lot of information is available. I'm guessing that lack of media attention means lack of law enforcement attention as well.

4. Redbird

Redbird New Member

Wonder if he was in the wrong place at the wrong time?

5. future criminologist

future criminologist Active Member

Do we know approximately how long the John Doe has been there? Has LE released that info? It's hard to do any digging without a time frame of disappearance to look at. :-(

6. silversurvivor

silversurvivor Member

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/long_island&id=8122129

HAUPPAUGE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Could the eighth body found be that of Stony Brook student Jimmy Tsui?

Kam Wai Tsui lives every day with the grief and the devastating uncertainty of what happened to her youngest son, Jimmy.

The 20-year-old Stony Brook student vanished without a trace in August of 1998.

"She has given up on it, she just wants to know if he's alive or not alive," a translator said for Tsui.

Now, investigative sources tell Eyewitness News they're examining a possible link between Tsui and so-called John Doe number eight. One of the skeletons uncovered this spring along ocean parkway.

7. Aleph

Aleph New Member

8. downport

downport New Member

I don't see any update, so should we assume the remains are not Jimmy Tsui ?

9. bodhi93

bodhi93 Member

Here's the composite just release by LE.
    uid-asian male.jpg

Going throught the mp database and agree with Aleph that Mo Zhang could be a possible candidate. Also, found Daniel Ted Yuan. Although he's listed missing in California, it also says that he resided in New Jersey.

10. matou

matou #los2188

This male was found in women's clothes, leading LE to suspect that he was working as a cross-dressing prostitute. This could be the connection between this man and the other women. Were there any missing Asian lady-boy prostitutes from NY? I don't think the killer would have been "surprised" by this man being a man. I think he targeted this person and victimized him as he did the others. JMO

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/wpix-details-released-gilgo-beach-investigation,0,1707853.story

11. Sistah Sleuth

Sistah Sleuth Member

I totally agree. My friend reminded me today that I stated that the asian man could be a transvestite prostitute. My friend tends to religiously think inside the box and he was conflumixed about whether it was one sk or more and the asian guy threw him off. However, it is possible that the asian didn't cross dress at all but was solicited from Craigslist or met in a bar in the village, taken someplace and murdered and the sk dressed him in women's clothing afterwards. We should know for sure if the asian is ever identified because family members and definitely friends may be able to confirm if he was into cross dressing--at least the friends would be a solid confirmation.

*Chuckles at "lady-boy"*

12. matou

matou #los2188

I was just looking at photos of Shannon Gilbert and I have to say she has a Asian look to her and a little bit androgynous as well. The lady-boys can look so feminine that it is shocking. I had a household of tranny prostitutes living next door to me (!!!) and one was a lady-boy and none of them would ever go on a date without dressing up. Shoes, jewellery, hair, everything. I wonder if there was a wig or long hair associated with the Asian man's body. He could have dressed him up after killing him but I think he treated him like the others.

13. kemo

kemo Active Member

I'm still a little confised. Has Jimmy Tsui definitly been ruled out as the Asian Male?

14. matou

matou #los2188

This is the actual street term for Asian tranny (usually from Thailand e.g. Bangkok ladyboy). I found it funny too!

15. Sistah Sleuth

Sistah Sleuth Member

I believe so if this is the student from Hofstra (I think) the DNA did not match and his mother remains tormented. This was determined within the last month or so.

16. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Yes, Jimmy Tsui definitely has been ruled out

Read More:
    http://nycitywatch.org/mu/nycitywatchbrooklyn/2011/09/20/child-among-10-victims-in-li-slay-probe/

BTW, I submitted Mo Zheng to the tipline.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY NY - Cedar Beach in Long Island - Fifth Female Murder Victim, March 2011

17. future criminologist

future criminologist Active Member

Here is a new article from CNN with updated sketches:

Police release sketches, evidence from Long Island bodies investigation
    http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/20/justice/new-york-long-island-killings/index.html?hpt=ju_c2

along with new details on the UID'd Asian man:

18. MargotKidder

MargotKidder New Member

LE needs to do a composite sketch of the man appearing as a woman. If he was a passable transexual who lived as a woman, no one is going to recognize him as a man.

19. matou

matou #los2188

I'm hoping that forensics can determine whether the victim lost these teeth before or after death. Using the gum bone starts to grow back and fills the holes where the roots were in a living person. Having absolutely no molars at all at such a young age is unusual, in my opinion. Missing a front tooth is also unusual and maybe this occured at the time of death. IDK. I agree a composite of this victim made up as a woman with long hair and makeup may assist with ID.

20. waltzingmatilda

waltzingmatilda Verified Insider-Roy Moore

This new info about the Asian male dressed in women's clothing reminds me of SG asking JB if he had ever encountered any transvestites. JB reportedly stated that he was turned off because he thought she may be a man or part man (whatever that means) so he asked her to leave. I do not for a NY minute think that JB and Shannan had not already had sex at that point as she had been there for 3 hrs.

This is just my opinion but JB's reaction to that question frightened Shannan to the point of risking arrest herself by calling 911 and also running door to door asking for help and hiding from MP behind Gus' boat. I recall reading awhile back that JB had contacted MP to arrange the 'date' with SG but I don't have a link. (sorry, so just take that for what it's worth) Why would he have a frightening reaction to this question and think Shannan was a man if they had already had sex? I call BS!

JB's family allegedly owns several properties. He would have private access to any which weren't occupied for storage or whatever. What is he doing with his time these days? This is really bothering me. MOo of course!

wm

21. kemo

kemo Active Member

Apparently the missing teeth occured prior to death. It is very unusual for anyone under 27 years orld to be missing a front tooth. Most likely the victim was an immigrant. DNA and chemical analysis of bones can determine with a high degree of accuracy where someone is from.

There is a "market" for transvestite prostitutes. There are men who prefer male "trans" and there are specifice areas in most large cities where male "trans" ply their trade to customers who know what they want. In Asia the term "lady boys" is used.

I'm guessing the victim was a poor immigrant who lived on the absolute fringe of society and would probably not be reported if missed.

It does raise the question of what thed did happen to Jimmy Tsui?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.