Assuming just for the poll that it was an intruder: Who was the intruder?

Assuming that it was an intruder:(Just for the Poll) Who was the intruder?

• an employee of Access,

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • a friend of the Ramseys

Votes: 40 18.8%
  • Oliva,

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Helgoth,

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Wolf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • an unknown individual.

Votes: 31 14.6%
  • It was not an intruder.

Votes: 125 58.7%

• Total voters
After putting the yummy stuff into your mouth, it (the bolus) then has to travel through the entire gastrointestinal tract before coming out the other end. The gastrointestinal tract for the purposes of this exercise includes the oral cavity, the oesophagus, stomach, small intestine, and colon.

Food travels down the oesophagus at a rate of approximately 3 to 4 centimetres per second (1 to 2 inches), and the entire process takes about 5 to 6 seconds. In the stomach, food tends to hang around for a little longer and this depends on a variety of factors including the amount of food you have consumed, how much fat it contains, and also the acidity of the stomach. However, all food should have left the stomach within 2 to 4 hours.

In the small intestine, digestion continues and absorption occurs. From here on, the time to defecation will vary depending on the time it takes to adequately digest and absorb in the small intestine. This will usually take 5 to 6 hours. The "food then enters the colon for further digestion and water reabsorption before defecation. The time from it’s entering the colon to defecation is about 12 to 24 hours.

Thus, the time for food to travel from one end to the other probably ranges from about 20 to 30 hours. Although I haven’t had the time to look further into the rest of your question, I hazard a guess that it is unlikely that meat will hang around for a week given that the gastrointestinal tract is very effective in breaking it down with various enzymes and acidity of the stomach. Foods high in protein and fats probably would probably take a little longer to pass through than if it were carbohydrate.

Hope this helps!

David Ng, BPharm MClinPharm
PhD Candidate
School of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences
University of South Australia
North Terrace
ADELAIDE SA 5000

I can gain from this information that the transit time of the pineapple ,being where it was on autopsy , indicates it had been ingested between 7 and 10 hours before death. Once again I suggest the cracked crab was vomited around the time of death. IMO
The cracked crab could not be feces unless it was eaten approx. 20 hours before death. Her rate of rigor indicates she was murdered before 2 am. and possibly as early as 11 pm on the 25th. this doesn't allow enough time for dinner at 6 to be that far along in the digestive system. IMO

sissi said:
After putting the yummy stuff into your mouth, it (the bolus) then has to travel through the entire gastrointestinal tract before coming out the other end. The gastrointestinal tract for the purposes of this exercise includes the oral cavity, the oesophagus, stomach, small intestine, and colon.

Food travels down the oesophagus at a rate of approximately 3 to 4 centimetres per second (1 to 2 inches), and the entire process takes about 5 to 6 seconds. In the stomach, food tends to hang around for a little longer and this depends on a variety of factors including the amount of food you have consumed, how much fat it contains, and also the acidity of the stomach. However, all food should have left the stomach within 2 to 4 hours.

In the small intestine, digestion continues and absorption occurs. From here on, the time to defecation will vary depending on the time it takes to adequately digest and absorb in the small intestine. This will usually take 5 to 6 hours. The "food then enters the colon for further digestion and water reabsorption before defecation. The time from it?s entering the colon to defecation is about 12 to 24 hours.

Thus, the time for food to travel from one end to the other probably ranges from about 20 to 30 hours. Although I haven?t had the time to look further into the rest of your question, I hazard a guess that it is unlikely that meat will hang around for a week given that the gastrointestinal tract is very effective in breaking it down with various enzymes and acidity of the stomach. Foods high in protein and fats probably would probably take a little longer to pass through than if it were carbohydrate.

Hope this helps!

David Ng, BPharm MClinPharm
PhD Candidate
School of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences
University of South Australia
North Terrace
ADELAIDE SA 5000

I can gain from this information that the transit time of the pineapple ,being where it was on autopsy , indicates it had been ingested between 7 and 10 hours before death. Once again I suggest the cracked crab was vomited around the time of death. IMO
The cracked crab could not be feces unless it was eaten approx. 20 hours before death. Her rate of rigor indicates she was murdered before 2 am. and possibly as early as 11 pm on the 25th. this doesn't allow enough time for dinner at 6 to be that far along in the digestive system. IMO

Sissi,

Your source left out the large intestine, which is about 5 to 7 feet long. (The small intestine is about 10 to 15 feet long.) The colon, which your source did mention) is part of the large intestine.

Your estimates on digestion rates are, IMO, much too long.

JMO

I would think that the "roughness" of the activity that took place with JB prior to her death, that things would not digest well...so I would think that the last thing she ate, even if it digested quickly, would have easily been more than an hour before her death.

Does anyone have any idea how long the activity prior to her death could possibly have been?

BlueCrab said:
Sissi,

Your source left out the large intestine, which is about 5 to 7 feet long. (The small intestine is about 10 to 15 feet long.) The colon, which your source did mention) is part of the large intestine.

Your estimates on digestion rates are, IMO, much too long.

JMO
http://www.nrp.org.uk/enews/edpstom.htm

The researchers give human volunteers a very simple "meal" which is the consistency of a thick milk shake. The volunteers then drink the meal, and have images made of their stomachs as they digest it. The researchers are particularly interested in seeing how quickly gastric juice becomes mixed with the food inside the body.

To their surprise, the IFR scientists found that it takes a remarkably long time for the stomach gastric juices to become distributed throughout the whole meal during digestion. It took over an hour for a milk-shake "meal" to become fully mixed. This suggests that a proper meal of solid food takes even longer to digest than they previously thought.

Fran Bancroft said:
I would think that the "roughness" of the activity that took place with JB prior to her death, that things would not digest well...so I would think that the last thing she ate, even if it digested quickly, would have easily been more than an hour before her death.

Does anyone have any idea how long the activity prior to her death could possibly have been?

Fran,

Most estimates, based on what we know forensically, place the time of death at around 1:00 A.M., give or take an hour.

According to the Ramseys she was in bed asleep by 10:00 P.M.; the pineapple had been ingested about one hour before death; and the body was in full rigor at 1:05 P.M. when found on the 26th. The rule of thumb is that rigor starts gradually soon after death and full rigor is reached about 12 hours after death, and then begins to wane.

These rough estimates would place ingestion of the pineapple at around 12 midnight and death at approximately 1:00 A.M.

JMO

BlueCrab said:
Fran,

Most estimates, based on what we know forensically, place the time of death at around 1:00 A.M., give or take an hour.

According to the Ramseys she was in bed asleep by 10:00 P.M.; the pineapple had been ingested about one hour before death; and the body was in full rigor at 1:05 P.M. when found on the 26th. The rule of thumb is that rigor starts gradually soon after death and full rigor is reached about 12 hours after death, and then begins to wane.

These rough estimates would place ingestion of the pineapple at around 12 midnight and death at approximately 1:00 A.M.

JMO
Psalms 50:5 Gather to me my consecrated ones who made a covenant with me by sacrifice.
Psalms 50:14 Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High.
Psalms 50:15 And call apon me in the day of trouble, I will deliver you and you will honor me.
Psalms 116:12 How can I repay The Lord for all His kindness to me?
Psalms 116:17 I will sacrifice a thank offering to you.
Psalms 119:62 At midnight I rise to give you thanks.
Psalms 119:146 I have called out to you, save me! And I will keep your statutes.
Psalms 119:147 I rise before dawn and cry for help, I put my hope in your words.

BrotherMoon said:
Psalms 50:5 Gather to me my consecrated ones who made a covenant with me by sacrifice.
Psalms 50:14 Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High.
Psalms 50:15 And call apon me in the day of trouble, I will deliver you and you will honor me.
Psalms 119:146 I have called out to you, save me! And I will keep your statutes.
Psalms 119:147 I rise before dawn and cry for help, I put my hope in your words.

Psalms of David and Asaph have what to do with this? They are proclaiming things to God. These are not God's words, these are psalms from these men. Some of these psalms are about the judgement of God upon us, and about being faithful to God. A thank offering to God does not mean you kill your child. Besides that, this was in the Old Testament and those who believe, know that the old law was no more when the NEW law came in. After the new law, we did not have to sacrifice things like animals and such. I don't see the correlation here.

(FYI- these comments do not require a sarcastic or rude comment. Just trying to see what you are getting at here, nothing more.)

BrotherMoon said:

BrotherMoon,

You know as well as I do we can make the Bible say anything we want it to say; prove anything we want it to prove; condemn anyone or anything we want it to condemn; justify anything we want it to justify; forecast anything we want it to forecast; identify any place we want it to identify; etc., etc.

The Bible won't prove or disprove that Patsy killed JonBenet. Only credible evidence can do that. For instance:

o The DNA evidence in JonBenet's panties, at least as tentatively analyzed, is from a male. Patsy is a female.

o The handwriting analyses evidence from the CBI indicates Patsy was not likely the writer of the ransom note.

o The polygraph evidence convincingly clears Patsy as the killer of JonBenet and as the writer of the ransom note.

There is no credible evidence that Patsy killed JonBenet. There is only evidence that she was involved in the lying, the staging and the coverup, as was John and Burke.

JMO

A fanatical Christian murdered her at midnight.
I can't say I don't believe this, but if it is so, I would look to the Barnhill's and their Bible study group. I do not believe Patsy is/was psychotic. Glen Myers was called back more than once for a handwriting sample, young Barnhill was in Boulder ,yet didn't let this be known to his parents,and Schiller stated the dna "could match Barnhill Sr. if it was from two donors.

Interesting ,as well, that we were not told the source of the animal fur in her hands, could it have been from the Bichon?

twizzler333 said:
Psalms of David and Asaph have what to do with this? They are proclaiming things to God. These are not God's words, these are psalms from these men. Some of these psalms are about the judgement of God upon us, and about being faithful to God. A thank offering to God does not mean you kill your child. Besides that, this was in the Old Testament and those who believe, know that the old law was no more when the NEW law came in. After the new law, we did not have to sacrifice things like animals and such. I don't see the correlation here.

(FYI- these comments do not require a sarcastic or rude comment. Just trying to see what you are getting at here, nothing more.)

The correlation is between literature Patsy is known to have been associated with and facts of the crime.

You are logical and correct with your comments. Precisely the kind of thinking NOT used by a psychotic.

sissi said:
I can't say I don't believe this, but if it is so, I would look to the Barnhill's and their Bible study group. I do not believe Patsy is/was psychotic. Glen Myers was called back more than once for a handwriting sample, young Barnhill was in Boulder ,yet didn't let this be known to his parents,and Schiller stated the dna "could match Barnhill Sr. if it was from two donors.

Sissi,

But the Ramseys have been lying and covering up for someone. They would do this only if a family member was involved or if children were involved, and they certainly wouldn't do it to protect neighbor Barnhill or his boarder Myers.

JMO

sissi said:

No one should ever think that this is what I am saying.

The psychosis comes first, based on ego development problems. The mythic elements follow.

The motive here is transference of psychological processes to an object outside the psyche, then manipulation of the object in order to influence the psychological processes by proxy.

Patsy misused The Psalms in order to provide herself with authority and justification for what she wanted to do.

She failed Christianity, Christianity did not fail her.

BlueCrab said:
BrotherMoon,

You know as well as I do we can make the Bible say anything we want it to say; prove anything we want it to prove; condemn anyone or anything we want it to condemn; justify anything we want it to justify; forecast anything we want it to forecast; identify any place we want it to identify; etc., etc.

The Bible won't prove or disprove that Patsy killed JonBenet. Only credible evidence can do that. For instance:

o The DNA evidence in JonBenet's panties, at least as tentatively analyzed, is from a male. Patsy is a female.

o The handwriting analyses evidence from the CBI indicates Patsy was not likely the writer of the ransom note.

o The polygraph evidence convincingly clears Patsy as the killer of JonBenet and as the writer of the ransom note.

There is no credible evidence that Patsy killed JonBenet. There is only evidence that she was involved in the lying, the staging and the coverup, as was John and Burke.

JMO

Feeling threatened?

BrotherMoon said:

The psychosis comes first, based on ego development problems. The mythic elements follow.

The motive here is transference of psychological processes to an object outside the psyche, then manipulation of the object in order to influence the psychological processes by proxy.

Patsy misused The Psalms in order to provide herself with authority and justification for what she wanted to do.

Who am I to say you are wrong, I believe you are, not necessarily with your profile but with your assigning these processes to Patsy. Someone very much like you are describing may have been the killer.

BrotherMoon said:

Oh Brother----This is the most outlandish theory I have heard yet...

Go back to Jung and try again.

I don't get it...you said assuming the crime was committed by an intruder. So I assumed that even though I don't believe it and then u put a choice of "It wasn't an intruder" and more than half the people pick it. hmmmmmmmm.

The murderer met Patsy and JonBenet. She told JonBenet about the special visit from Santa. I believe that since her mother is a big celebrity in Boulder, that Patsy treated her as if she were special. She was dressed as an elf.

BigAppleDetective said:
The murderer met Patsy and JonBenet. She told JonBenet about the special visit from Santa. I believe that since her mother is a big celebrity in Boulder, that Patsy treated her as if she were special. She was dressed as an elf.
This makes a lot of sense to me. I now know the "foreign faction" was actually refering to the seven dwarfs!

Don't ya just love a batch of well fermented apples! :woohoo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back