At this point in time, when do you think suspect(s) will be named & charges brought?

When will suspect(s) be named & charges brought?

• Believe someone will be charged soon (by 6/8/09)

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Believe LE has suspects but needs more evidence

Votes: 38 39.6%
  • Believe this will be a cold case-no suspect little evidence

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Believe this case may never be solved - Investigation/crime scene compromised

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • Don't have an opinion

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
If it is teenager's this case may not be solved for along time because of fear.
Possibly quicker if the shooter's friend/friends gets into some trouble with the law.
In most teenage homicide's cases, there seems to be one main male teen shooter-a male friend or relative and a girlfriend. (In the case of Bradon Craig on trial for the Triple Homicide of three teenage boys) it took 10 yrs for the ex-girlfriend to tell cold case investigors what happened.... it was a case of drug money owed to the girlfriend and her boyfriend was going to collect ( girlfriend now admit's she lied no money was owed) she never dreamed her boyfriend (who always carried guns around) would pull out a gun and shoot over two dozen bullets into the three boys!
Brandon Craig's cousin was with them also, but didn't decide to come forth as a witness until he had gotten into some trouble with the law.
The gun used was never found. Cold case investigors said Brandon Craigs name was mentioned in the very first week of the murders but because Brandon and the witnesses had had some earlier crimes together they knew how to keep their mouth's shut.. so they are not your average kids.
I just find all this interesting and hope I'm not boring you all.

Thanks, Sheza, and you're not boring me a bit; I appreciate all of the opinions I can get, and I hope people aren't afraid of repeating themselves as I attempt to play catch-up. I find the girlfriend angle, applied to this case, to be of much interest; let's say it was a one-person crime, and that the perpetrator was indeed a teenage male, one with a girlfriend. She might indeed know and that secret, like the case you reference, might indeed stay a secret for years to come. Fear would be the primary reason, I would think, but also the fact that (at least to me) women are far-better holders of secrets than are men, especially young men. If the above were true it would work against the grain of why, I guess, I think teens weren't involved: because of their inability to keep their mouths shut, first of all, and, secondly, because they might not be as vested into the area power structure as would be an adult perpetrator.

wfgodot - not to pick on you, but you are obviously an astute individual and an avid student of this case. What are your thoughts on the other side of the coin, specifically, the failure of OSBI to resolve this matter? Please start at the beginning and continue to the present. Take a guess at the future if you can. Thanks in advance; I appreciate your efforts.

Whew, XPA Magnet, when I read the "not to pick on you, but..." intro there, I thought the next words might be....

"Not to pick on you, but don't you think you're rather dominating the thread, as you're listed as having given the last posts on seven topics in a row, and you're a, well, a newbie---no, make that A NEWBIE KNOW-IT-ALL?"

or

"Not to pick on you, but you should be on the stage. And I think there's one leaving in five minutes."

LOL, I always expect the worst and am pleasantly surprised by anything else. Okay, to the question. With me, and to quote Weleetka1 for the fifth or sixth time, it all goes back to this, in terms of authority---state, local, or tribal---in Oklahoma, specifically in cover-ups in the Sooner State:

"This," he wrote, "is usually done so favor trading can continue as a way of life, or a way for one to own another."

Dwell on that last phrase: "a way for one to own another." It's scary.

Maybe one would have to live here for a time and experience the OK zeitgeist, to really apprehend the truth of this statement. It's an eerie circumstance, a sort of "big fish, small pond" power trip spread across the length of our beautiful state. We in Oklahoma have a history, in our elected officials, of notorious corruptness. While I'm no expert on OSBI, I assume that corruptness has, over time, trickled down to them.

I know that, just here in my neck of the woods, we have, still unsolved, at least these three cases in the course of the last decade-plus: next door to me, in Craig County, the rural Welch double-killings/arson/kidnapping (and probable murders) of two teenage girls---the Freeman/Bible case; also in rural Welch, an elderly couple, also murdered in their home---the Huls case; and, a couple nights back, a home invasion, resulting in the death of an elderly gentleman in rural Fairland---a new one, the Sanders case; here in Ottawa County, it was the second home invasion of the week, and both are currently open cases.

I don't expect arrests soon in any of these.

One can go back 30 years, to the yet-unsolved Locust Grove triple murders, and find, I think, the same elements at work.

This is why I've been, from the beginning, so skeptical of the Weleetka girls finding justice.

And why? It's a lethal combination of incompetence + corruption on the part of LE. While the home invasions I cite above are fresh cases, the other ones referenced have been cold for months and years. I believe that LE has more than enough information, in each of the double-murders, to know what took place, just as I believe they also do in the Weleetka horror. But re-read Weeletka1's wise words. That's what I think has taken place in many an unsolved Oklahoma killing:

"This is usually done so favor trading can continue as a way of life, or a way for one to own another."

I found this statement made by DD mother J King....
"I have kept in contact with OSBI investigators, and several have assured me that he could not have committed this crime" DD was called to the Grand Jury as a WITNESS.

(DD probably told the GJ he didn't witness anything)

Thanks XPA, I will try and get my link right next time : )

I believe that LE has more than enough information, in each of the double-murders, to know what took place, just as I believe they also do in the Weleetka horror. But re-read Weeletka1's wise words. That's what I think has taken place in many an unsolved Oklahoma killing:

"This is usually done so favor trading can continue as a way of life, or a way for one to own another."
I lived in a rural SE Oklahoma town where a prominent citizen (wealthy and connected) murdered someone and then set the victim's trailer on fire. Everyone knew who did it, but he was never arrested. The victim was considered to a "*advertiser censored*". This prominent citizen "owed" a lot of people for life. This case is different though. Weeletka is farther north from where this crime occurred and therefore, it is less "crazy" (you have to understand Okla). The most likely suspects are not prominent citizens and the victims were not labeled as "*advertiser censored*". Nobody could gain much of anything by not bring forth information to help prosecute the young, violent, unemployed, poor, low IQ males that probably committed this crime. The suspects are now "watched" by everyone (one is incarcerated) and therefore, they are even too risky to demand criminal favors as payment for not snitching. LE must not have enough evidence to prosecute. Pray that the guns will surface somewhere.

The most likely suspects are not prominent citizens and the victims were not labeled as "*advertiser censored*". Nobody could gain much of anything by not bring forth information to help prosecute the young, violent, unemployed, poor, low IQ males that probably committed this crime. The suspects are now "watched" by everyone (one is incarcerated) and therefore, they are even too risky to demand criminal favors as payment for not snitching. LE must not have enough evidence to prosecute. Pray that the guns will surface somewhere.

If the guns could be located, this case would take on a whole new light. Although, at this point, I doubt the firearms will ever be located. :(
Why do you say that "one of the suspects is incarcerated"?

If the guns could be located, this case would take on a whole new light. Although, at this point, I doubt the firearms will ever be located. :(
Why do you say that "one of the suspects is incarcerated"?
(Disappointment.) I just visited DD myspace, decorated with wannabe gangsta garbage, and see that he is not serving time for burglary.

There are not any places one can sell a "hot" gun in Okfuskee County when the reward money is several hundred times the "hot" gun's price. The prime suspects are not "well-traveled" men and I'd bet they have only been out of their county on a handful of time, if ever. The guns or large pieces of them have to be buried or sunk somewhere near the suspects' homes. I am surprised that someone hasn't located these guns with their Walmart metal detector. (I understand it is rural and there is a significant danger in this part of the country when one trespasses. But... everybody leaves their home to go to Walmarts, Braum's, or to buy cigs. I have been told that property-protective dogs can usually be placated with rabbit/squirrel/deer meat.) Can you tell I used to live in SE OK?:blushing:

Hi, Pensfan -

DD is incarcerated in Okmulgee County Jail on violation of suspended sentence in the felony burglary charge. His suspended sentence was revoked and he's been in Okmulgee jail for several months now.

http://okokmulgee.jailsoftware.com/InmateRoster.asp

I believe others have watched his MS and someone else posts there for him - younger sister and/or friend, maybe.

snipped from OSCN:
Okmulgee - County Last Updated: 06/06/2010 12:00
Case: CF-2008-00160 Track this case
STATE OF OKLAHOMA vs. DAILEY, DUSTYN OBRIEN
Date Filed: 08/12/2008
Amount Owed: $1741.00 (as of 06/06/2010 12:00)
Offense
BURGLARY, SECOND DEGREE-FELONY

Parties Attorney RAMEY, JAY K. - TULSA OK
Defendant DAILEY, DUSTYN OBRIEN - HENRYETTA OK Track this person
Agency OPD
Judge CLAVER, H. MICHAEL
DA GIULIOLI, TOM - OKMULGEE OK

11/04/2009 COURT MINUTE: REVO; COURT REVOKES 4 YEARS DOC 10 DAYS
TO SERVE BALANCE RESUSPENDED; REIMPOSE COSTS AND FINES
11/09/2009 APPLICATION FOR COURT APPOINTED COUNSEL
11/09/2009 ORDER APPOINTING COUNSEL FOR INDIGENT PERSON $40.00
12/23/2009 JUDGMENT AND SENTENCE